Shelby Cobra 427 '66 Tune?

This car has so much power and light weight, but its such a wild beast to handle even in b-spec. I gotta constantly tell Bob to pace down otherwise disaster, car flipping, wall smashing adventures come in to play. I'm searching for the perfect setup...

From what I've worked with if you put the rear toe positive and put a really heavy front sway bar usually it plants the back tires much better, it will produce understeer but it will allow you to adjust it till you find a balance of both.

Still playing GT5 ..not a fan of GT6 although i'm still trying. Anyway, I worked up a very interesting tune for the '66 Cobra last night in GT5, re-won historic racing car cup. I had all but given up on the Cobra previously. But with the numbers the Cobra possesses, I just had to try one more time. This set up allows for very good control at the highest horse power level which is nice because you can race on twisting tracks ...but the best part is, you're not just racing. This tune lets you become a monster in the Cobra! You can do massive drifts around corners with none of that throttle turn out garbage or wheelies that make you lose control. Be warned! This is not for beginner drivers. In order to run this tune on the Cobra (and have fun) you have to be a skilled driver and know how to not be shy with the throttle. You have to kick ass. This is pure fun!!
Here it is.... ENJOY!
Suspension:
Ride height Front: -4, Rear: -4
Spring Rate Front: 11.3, Rear: 11.3
Dampers (extension) Front: 10, Rear:10
Dampers (compression) Front: 10, Rear: 10
Anti-Roll Bars Front: 5, Rear: 5
Wheel Alignment:
Camber Angle (-) Front: 0.0, Rear: 0.0 (this car needs as much rubber on the road as possible.)
Toe Angle Front: -1.00, Rear: 1.00
LSD:
Initial Torque Front: 0, Rear: 60
Acceleration Sensitivity Front: 0, Rear: 60
Braking Sensitivity Front: 0, Rear: 5
Transmission:
Set to mid/high range, I had it set to top speed: 330. This was for Deep Forest. But it can be set to fit the track you're running.
Driving Options:
Tires: Front and Rear: Racing Soft
Driving Line: Your Choice
Traction Control: 1
Skid Recovery Force: On
Active Steering: Mild
Active Stability Management (ASM): Off
ABS: 10

Try this, still a work in progress, but Bob can usually drive it.

Transmission- 224 mph
Ride Height- -20/-20
Spring Rate- 6.0/5.8
Dampers (Extension)- 4/4 (7/7 has been suggested, but I have not tried)
Dampers (Compression)- 5/6
Anti- Roll Bars- 4/4
Camber- 1.7/1.5
Toe- -0.05/.035

Also, if someone is good at tuning LSDs, this probably needs it.

I just made an account to say thank you for this. My bob can maintain this beast with this setup.

Managed to make a super grip tune

Ride height: -25/-25
Spring rate: 10/11.4
Extensions: 2/4
compression: 5/5
anti roll bars; 6/7

Camber: 3.5/3.0
toe angle: -0.10/0.20

transmission: Stock

LSD:

torque: 10
acceleration: 20
braking: 60

TIRES: SUPER SOFT

you can be agressive with this tune, never oversteers out of nothing, understeers a bit for the sake of grip
completed historic cup car both on gold with this tune.
Hope i'm not late for this one, I was 8 years old back in the day in 2010.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back