Shift 2 | Drifting on Race Mode.

• Thread starter Blitz.
  • 428 comments
Katiegan
I'm finding it hard to maintain a drift... physics are a big change from GT5.. anybody got any tips they could share?

Don't go mad with the horsepower! You'll just keep spinning in Shift :)

You need the power to keep the drift going since my RPS13 running 300brake can't cope on most tracks unless it's on Ebisu! Around the 500-600 mark makes it easier to initiate, especialy on the high speed tracks which Shift2 has lots of.
My 600bhp FC is my easiest car to drift. Arguably the most controllable car in that game so far... Not an easy car to spin out with a well thought out tune =)
If you require the tune, I'm more than willing enough to share it!

Dont be afraid to experiment with the settings, check my S14 tune in this thread somewhere and this tune works great for other cars too with some minor adjustments 👍 Nice pics Eddy! I will take some ones too when my new cam arrives :) Still have to finish the video too.. A meeting on saturday sounds good!

Thanks guys! It's frustrating me how I can't seem to drift. You wouldn't mind sharing the tune, would you, Blitz? I'd really appreciate that... right now I'm just looking like a huge noob! :yuck:

Yeah, Saturday sounds sweet! I couldn't today as I was busy being video'd with D-Max aha. :/ So yeah hopefully we could have a meet ForceMotion! Anyone can come along, I'm sure it's ok!
And Katiegan, I could get the tune for you tomorrow since I may go on Shift for a bit.
In the mean time there's a few tunes with-in this thread; especially on the OP for you to try out.

And Katiegan, I could get the tune for you tomorrow since I may go on Shift for a bit.
In the mean time there's a few tunes with-in this thread; especially on the OP for you to try out.

Thanks, I really appreciate it, I don't want to come across as if I'm trying to steal all of your tunes or something! :crazy:

So far I'm only able to drift decently in Mad Mike's RX8. I'm not sure if there's a bug with it or anything, but it never seems to count the last corner at Miami in drift events. :indiff:

Took the advice in this thread, started drifting on Race Mode and used the S13 tune. I'm not the best yet, but I uploaded a video. Helmet cam because it looked unimpressive from all the other camera angles :lol:.

Not sure if I'll be able to go to a lobby tonight, my sister and her boyfriend are coming over and will probably want to go on the PS3 as theirs has recently broken.

Turns out I can't either. ):
Katiegan, nice attempt you kept it going! If you hadn't braked so much and initiated with slightly more speed then you'd be laughing! With more speed you'd have more control in the slide. This being done; you'll be able to pull off more angle. 👍

Katiegan, nice attempt you kept it going! If you hadn't braked so much and initiated with slightly more speed then you'd be laughing! With more speed you'd have more control in the slide. This being done; you'll be able to pull off more angle. 👍

Thanks, seems I was using the normal racing braking points that I was used to! I'll try and go into the corners with more speed. :)

It looks like my sister and her boyfriend aren't coming over, so if a lobby is going to happen, I might be able to go and humiliate myself. :lol:

EDIT: Another video, this time using Blitz's advice. Slides are getting longer!

Last edited:
Anyone still alive here? No one play anymore? I think this game is just way more interesting then GT5 to be honest, it just needs the GT5 physics and more cars and few tracks..

Yes, i went online and couldnt find a race in 4 days. but yeh, Physics put me off playing this game as much as i played Shift 1. Its the gear change hop that i hate!

Just some pictures:

7680400162_30dc9fd7cd_z.jpg

7680496516_1de78435db_z.jpg

7680390522_33e8f5f60f_z.jpg

nice photos man :D 👍

does anybody host drift forums on shift 2 anymore?? i wanna learn love the game but just want to find others who want to drift

MHead1990
does anybody host drift forums on shift 2 anymore?? i wanna learn love the game but just want to find others who want to drift

Not really, I'll head on with you someday if you want so we can have a little sesh :) the main problem with the game that stops most of us from still playing it is the dodgy physics.

Back