Shift 2 Unleashed Tuning help

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I just got this game for the PS3, I know there is a great game in there somewhere.
But I cannot tune the cars for the life of me.
Are there any tuning settings available?
Or can anyone give me some settings that have worked for them?
Even if I can get about 10 cars tuned I will be happy and have some fun driving.
At the moment pretty much all my cars handle like bathtubs on wheels.
HELP!

You can tune all you want but all cars in the game will always handle like you said. You best chance is to get the PC version. There is a mod for fixing the handlinh physics of the game.

You can tune all you want but all cars in the game will always handle like you said. You best chance is to get the PC version. There is a mod for fixing the handlinh physics of the game.
Well, that's bad news, my laptop has a crap integrated graphics and won't run the game well.

I did manage to find a few good tunes for the PS3 game though - for the D & C class cars. Not the fastest, but I prefer the 'Touring car' style of speed and racing anyway.
Maybe not perfect, but I guess I can live with it.
Still.. if anyone has any good tunes I'd be happy to try them :)

I now have the PC version, and am still unhappy with the handling.
I've tried various mods and tweaks
I can only conclude that this game had potential, but is ruined by abysmal handling.
It's OK, I guess I can live without it - moved on to Automobilista.

I tried the mod but it was a pain to install.. im not sure it helped at all either.
There are so many different versions of the game packed unpacked, i dont know what to do with which... and cant even tell if the mod worked.
I've pretty much just given up on it.
It's a shame, becasue part of me still believe this game is potentially the most thrilling and balls to the wall racing game out there... IF modded correctly.

A crying shame

I tried the mod but it was a pain to install.. im not sure it helped at all either.
There are so many different versions of the game packed unpacked, i dont know what to do with which... and cant even tell if the mod worked.
I've pretty much just given up on it.
It's a shame, becasue part of me still believe this game is potentially the most thrilling and balls to the wall racing game out there... IF modded correctly.

A crying shame
A lot of it has to do with setting up the cars and the input correctly so that not everything is an oversteering rear happy piece of ****.

Bought this game when it came out and everything handled like a boat! The cars ‘floated’ and turned like there was one wheel where a mid placed engine would be - terrible!
Cut to January ‘24 and I got curious and downloaded the Super bundle version on my old PS3. What happened - it’s fantastic!! The physics are great, the AI’s are fast and savage but not rubber banded. It is now my favourite racing game; the only one that makes me sweat winning a race.

Last edited:
Back