Shift chime, can I get rid of it?

• Thread starter m76
  • 35 comments

m76

Hungary
Hungary
OMG, I just bought the RE Ameyima and it has an annoying shift indicator chime, I can't drive this car like this, it drives me crazy!

Are there any other cars like this? I wouldn't want to accidentally buy any of them, especially with not being able to sell cars.

You could shift?
I do shift, that doesn't remove the annoying sound, unless you mean short-shift but that wouldn't be very good for speed I imagine.
It is a thing some japanese cars had.
Like the infamous chime on the AE86 when you went above 100km/h.

Can you imagine that today?
Yeah, I know about the speed chime, don't tell me that's also implemented in GT7?

I'm guessing you could increase engine sounds in the settings menu? Perhaps the beep isn't considered 'engine noise'. Might be worth experimenting with

Don't mind him, he likes nothing about GT7 :D

Just like 75% of people here :lol:
There's nothing wrong with liking a game, GT7 is no exception. It's fine if you like it. However this does not give you license to mischaracterize and misrepresent those who don't share your opinion with impunity, or to call into question if they are "true fans" and dismiss criticisms people have openly offered.

Last edited:
As stated, I think if you change up when you hear the chime in the FDs, you won't lose any time and may actually be faster. Being turbo the power is through the mid-range.

The FC chime seems to come in a lot sooner, so does get annoying.

Personally I like the chime as it avoids having to look at the dials to know when to shift gear.

The only thing I know of in game to avoid it is to fit a noisy exhaust, it becomes pretty un-noticeable then.

You could shift?

It is a thing some japanese cars had.
Like the infamous chime on the AE86 when you went above 100km/h.

Can you imagine that today?
Yes, that's what my wife calls herself and makes shrill noises beyond 240km/h.

Bruh it's an standar feature on those cars IRL. Stop whinning about some little chime.
Except in the real car I could disable it.

Imagine the irony of whining about someone whining about something. You could have chosen to ignore the topic, you didn't have to click on it.

Yeah I assumed it was a standard feature of the car, and it is completely besides the point.

Last edited:
Re Amemiye without turbo or Ecu has peak Hp at 6900 rpm, there is absolutely no reason to push the car Above 7500 rpm let alone 8000 rpm. Shift early, you will be faster.
Shifting at peak HP always being the best is actually a misconception. It depends on how the curve falls off. There are some cars that are not worth pushing to redline, but this did not seem to be one of them, although I haven't experimented with it too much.

Still I'd prefer turning off the chime, even if that offends some people here.

While I do agree (some) of the chimes are there for a reason, I don't think it's a stretch to request an option to lower it's volume or turn it off altogether.

It is pretty annoying having a full-built circuit monster AE86 and it still has the speed chime which is basically useless for the circuit, it was only there to warn drivers on public roads that they were going a little too fast.

m76
Shifting at peak HP always being the best is actually a misconception. It depends on how the curve falls off. There are some cars that are not worth pushing to redline, but this did not seem to be one of them, although I haven't experimented with it too much.

Still I'd prefer turning off the chime, even if that offends some people here.
You clearly havent experimented. Otherwise you wouldnt say that. Just shift at 7500.

Attachments

• 16515939834601085369885545175052.jpg
    16515939834601085369885545175052.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 12
As someone who has had RX-7s and an RX-8 IRL…I enjoy this thread immensely. 😂

These cars rev very quickly and smoothly. The chimes allow you to focus on the road and shift at the right time. Otherwise, you will often bounce off of the rev limiter. It’s an added level of realism that I appreciate. As others are saying..perhaps shifting earlier is the best approach for you!

Last edited:
m76
OMG, I just bought the RE Ameyima and it has an annoying shift indicator chime, I can't drive this car like this, it drives me crazy!

Are there any other cars like this? I wouldn't want to accidentally buy any of them, especially with not being able to sell cars.
It's a standard feature that is a part of the FD RX7. It can't be deleted or changed, and is present on the RE Amemiya version and factory version.

It's a standard feature that is a part of the FD RX7. It can't be deleted or changed, and is present on the RE Amemiya version and factory version.
Well if it really couldn't be changed, I'd sell the car. Oh wait, I can't do that either in game :lol:

As someone who has had RX-7s and an RX-8 IRL…I enjoy this thread immensely. 😂
Yeah the thread has become very enjoyable. I do not often see so many people squirm because they are offended by someone not liking something.
These cars rev very quickly and smoothly. The chimes allow you to focus on the road and shift at the right time. Otherwise, you will often bounce off of the rev limiter. It’s an added level of realism that I appreciate. As others are saying..perhaps shifting earlier is the best approach for you!
As someone who doesn't even have a rev counter in his car, and always shifts by engine sound, I do not need training wheels.

m76
Yeah the thread has become very enjoyable. I do not often see so many people squirm because they are offended by someone not liking something.

As someone who doesn't even have a rev counter in his car, and always shifts by engine sound, I do not need training wheels.
I love my training wheels! Maybe one day I’ll grow up to be as cool as you. Hopefully not though!

BF1DA4A7-62A4-4DBD-ABF4-84468015866F.jpeg

m76

I said the same thing when I first got to drive a modified Turbo 2 FC when I was growing up, I still hit the limiter by accident 💀 First time in a rotary car and I didn't expect it to shoot to redline like a bike. Good times 😂😂

Back