Shift chime, can I get rid of it?

• Thread starter m76
  • 35 comments
m76
Yeah the thread has become very enjoyable. I do not often see so many people squirm because they are offended by someone not liking something.

As someone who doesn't even have a rev counter in his car, and always shifts by engine sound, I do not need training wheels.
If only f1 drivers were as good as you they wouldn’t need that bleep erm training wheel.

One of my biggest complaints about sport was that cars that should have beeps didn’t have them. I guess if I give the super formula a go I can pray that there is a shift beep.

Last edited:
m76
Yeah the thread has become very enjoyable. I do not often see so many people squirm because they are offended by someone not liking something.

As someone who doesn't even have a rev counter in his car, and always shifts by engine sound, I do not need training wheels.
As I've said before...

Rotaries rev so much quicker than a piston engine, and in a smoother fashion, and it is handy to have a beep.

Other cars have rattley, clattery pistons that make it very obvious that they are nearing their rev limits. After driving a rotary, piston engines sound and feel like a diesel.
If you ever have the pleasure of driving a rotary, you will appreciate the beep.

Back