Shortest track made?

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 29 comments
Sweden
Sweden
I searched for the word 'shortest' in this Course Maker forum but couldn't find any discussions.

Who has made the shortest track/course so far (not including point-to-point) ?

The shortest I can make it is 1,705 km or 1,059 miles using the Andalusia theme.

Hi Jocke. Had a quick go on Eifel flat and I've got it down to 1,470km (0.91miles). Not sure if you'd call it a course though, it's just out and back. :)

Could most likely make shorter track but here is something I made a while back.

Track name
60 m HomeStraight

Theme
Eifel

Track Length
0.29 miles/463 m (Loop)

No. of Turns

Creator
GTP_Razerman

Date/Time Created
11/02/2015

Download
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/GTP_Razerman/course/1627204/
b1fsJa2CxwtyXyZwP_0.png

Any way you could make this on eifel flat with some banking? We love this track but the elevation makes it a bit wonky.

Currently working on BF4 Procon plugins so I don't have much interest in track making atm. But only flattening and adding the same banking across the whole track won't take long so I might be making it after I finish my current plugin.

Does it need to be Eifel Flat or Eifel where the track is flat is sufficient? And banking is low, mid or high?

How were you able to do that when the straights at Eifel are at least 300m by standard.
I'd like to avoid trying hacked tracks so as not to mess with my PS3 (if it is a hacked track).

There is atleast two ways to achieve this and I guess they are "hacked" tracks in your book after you use those ways. But it's only bypassing the limitations of the APK and not the GT6 so idk if you can call it hacking :confused:. But yeah, done by either changing the values in the assets or in the track file itself.

Currently working on BF4 Procon plugins so I don't have much interest in track making atm. But only flattening and adding the same banking across the whole track won't take long so I might be making it after I finish my current plugin.

Does it need to be Eifel Flat or Eifel where the track is flat is sufficient? And banking is low, mid or high?

There is atleast two ways to achieve this and I guess they are "hacked" tracks in your book after you use those ways. But it's only bypassing the limitations of the APK and not the GT6 so idk if you can call it hacking :confused:. But yeah, done by either changing the values in the assets or in the track file itself.
As long as the track is flat, it doesnt matter, and prefferably decently high banking. Not as steep as Dover, but still enough to maintain some good speeds. Hate to be that guy but if it was just a little bit wider ^-^'

Upload it so I can download it. : )

How were you able to do that when the straights at Eifel are at least 300m by standard.
I'd like to avoid trying hacked tracks so as not to mess with my PS3 (if it is a hacked track).
You don't know what your missing out on fella :) I use a modified TPE apk which only bends the rules slightly :) check out my tracks page to see the benefits :) all 100% safe, nothing silly, just great replicas :)

You don't know what your missing out on fella :) I use a modified TPE apk which only bends the rules slightly :) check out my tracks page to see the benefits :) all 100% safe, nothing silly, just great replicas :)
I use this aswell and have not seen issues in terms of virus or issues. Working well.

Could most likely make shorter track but here is something I made a while back.

Track name
60 m HomeStraight

Theme
Eifel

Track Length
0.29 miles/463 m (Loop)

No. of Turns

Creator
GTP_Razerman

Date/Time Created
11/02/2015

Download
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/GTP_Razerman/course/1627204/
b1fsJa2CxwtyXyZwP_0.png
Fun track. Only problem is that pit road is broken. You go in and the first thing your car does is drive into the pit wall, Back up. and drive into it again. This repeats several times. Funny as 🤬 though... :lol:

As long as the track is flat, it doesnt matter, and prefferably decently high banking. Not as steep as Dover, but still enough to maintain some good speeds. Hate to be that guy but if it was just a little bit wider ^-^'

Here you go, Idk if I went a little too steep?
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/GTP_Razerman/course/2090371/

Fun track. Only problem is that pit road is broken. You go in and the first thing your car does is drive into the pit wall, Back up. and drive into it again. This repeats several times. Funny as 🤬 though... :lol:

Yeah, pit won't work in many cases when it's too short. I made another version which doesn't have pit but Point to Point start area instead (link above).

I think this track damaged my wheel. Was driving the 125 karts and the force feedback was acting weird. halfway thru a 10 lap race in arcade, i made a correction as i was beginning to spin. I quickly turned the wheel right, and then quickly back to left. when I turned it left however, there was a loud clack noise. As if the force feedback was trying to register an input that would turn the wheel right while I was turning left.
Now whenever I turn the wheel, there's a clicking sound. I use a driving force pro wheel.

I think this track damaged my wheel. Was driving the 125 karts and the force feedback was acting weird. halfway thru a 10 lap race in arcade, i made a correction as i was beginning to spin. I quickly turned the wheel right, and then quickly back to left. when I turned it left however, there was a loud clack noise. As if the force feedback was trying to register an input that would turn the wheel right while I was turning left.
Now whenever I turn the wheel, there's a clicking sound. I use a driving force pro wheel.

I've driven it with Logitech G27 and it was like any other track in GT6. There are places in the original PD tracks where FFB goes crazy on my wheel aswell and I have the feeling that my wheel will break so I restart the round. I doupt there is anything wrong with the track itself. I actually broke the FFB motors from my G25 in GT5 due to the same problem and it's just how the game works :(.

But I'm sorry to hear that happend to you.

@Razerman I've got Sebring loaded into car complete and have it transferred to the modified editor but still can't seem to shorten the pit length. Trying to create the club version of the course but the 600m straight is killing me. Any help would be appreciated, here or pm.

@Razerman I've got Sebring loaded into car complete and have it transferred to the modified editor but still can't seem to shorten the pit length. Trying to create the club version of the course but the 600m straight is killing me. Any help would be appreciated, here or pm.

Well, I guess the best way for you is to modify the Unity assets inside the APK. And specifically modify the rail_def -files.

Sent a PM.

Actually, this is modding, so its safe!

You just replied to a post that's nearly a year old :)

A lot has happened since then mate :)

Lol, and I was reading it as it was recent, month and days matched, but actually lot of information is still same ;)

Like this, in exception current tools are so high developed at it's must to use tools for doing track replicas, possibility to create 1:1 elevations, bankings and other stuff is just non avoidable thing..
Those super short, high and other extreme tracks are just path of evolving capabilities what editors could do... Lot of bad things were prior good things in history, track maker isn't so bad but, it's more than good... S..tty things might happen if not behaving, happily I'm seeing "only" good things around custom tools, also a wheel user, G27 who doesn't want to rattle wheel, but worst rattle wheel breaker was PD's FWD LMP car, second was one Vision cars. I'll test drive my tracks well to search any flaws on track shapes, I want to enjoy those while driving, I'll bet at this is same on other track maker guys.

So watch extreme track tests, understand capabilities, don't think at those are ment for smooth experience, wait for same idea breed tracks and try then. ;)

Theoretically, the shortest circuit without distorted props would probably be around 250 meters, using the Eifel scenery and the point to point start. The start itself is 100 meters long and needs to be more or less straight, as the big building gets distorted if the road curves too much.

The shortest point to point track, counting from the start line to the finish line, and using the correct roads, would probably be around 20 meters, again at Eifel.

The importance of bug testing before release :)

On my track's page you will find the new Monza 1960's track I'm "slowly" working on (no scenery yet)

I decided to do an AI test & found that you have to do an entire lap under AI control before it let's you take over, therefore putting you a lap behind lol.

Must adjust the S/F straight as it's obviously not starting when you go over the start line :)

Is pit road broken or are you able to enter & exit normaly?

Any other glitches with a track that short?

There is no pit road, I'm using the point-to-point start instead.

The track seems to work fine, although I haven't tried a time trial yet so I can't say for sure that the times will be valid. The only problem I noticed is that when you do an arcade race you start a lap behind the leader, since the time gap between the cars is so big in arcade mode rolling starts.

Back