SHOULD GT7 BE MADE MORE DIFFICULT

  • Thread starter Thread starter smitty33
  • 50 comments
  • 3,388 views
I thought with difficulty levels used, there would be aspects of the game that can be used to differentiate and gives added challenge for career mode. I can add "custom" difficulty level where you can alter everything, with only 50% prize credits possible :)
 
Having the option to choose the difficulty, as it's already been mentioned, would be very good. Personally though, I wouldn't like the difficulty to be higher than it is in GT6.
 
IMO it's not about making it more difficult, or adding a selectable difficulty option. GT needs a huge overhaul. The whole "chase the leader from the back of the pack" thing just doesn't cut it anymore. The offline racing in GT now is more about acquiring cars than it is about proper racing. The default back of the grid position, the flawed rolling start procedure, the rubber banding, the amazingly thick AI, etc., all needs a serious re-thinking. There's no racing in offline GT6. Races are basically just time trials where you have to dodge some slow cars along the way.

No amount of adjusting your car's performance to make things more difficult really gives you proper racing. Yes it can make it more difficult, but with the woeful AI and the rubber banding... you never get proper competitive wheel to wheel racing, where maybe you've spent two laps following a car trying to get close enough to set yourself up for a big move down at turn [whatever], braking as late as possible and holding on around the outside of the turn to set you up for the inside line of the next. Instead, you'll spot the AI car in the distance, within a few turns you'll be right up on it, and then not long after you'll just cruise past. The only competition might be that the rubber banding will suddenly make that car competitive and it'll try coming back at you. Which is absurd in itself.
 
Yes they will call it Project CARS.
 
YES YES YES
So youtube can be filled with many kids ranting their GT is difficult and "boycott" PD servers.
 
Don't really see any point, because Project CARS has that in the bag.

I haven't kept up much... What is this Project Cars people keep posting about on here?

EDIT: Never mind... I see the P.C. section. It looks nice, but I'm not very interested in the whole touring car thing. I guess my hope still lies with Drive Club, for now.
 
Last edited:
No, I really haven't paid attention, but I did edit my above post. ^
Fair enough. It's hard to tell sometimes. TBH I only heard about it myself a couple of months ago.
 
Yes they will call it Project CARS.
Well yeah, that's one reason why just leaving it as it is and maybe fancying up the graphics and adding more cars might find the next GT behind. If CARS was only a PC release they could maybe get away with it, but with it coming to consoles too now... if it turns out to be as amazing as it's supposed to be, there's basically the choice between great racing, or collecting a huge load of cars. Personally, that choice is pretty easy for me. GT has been able to get away with it so far largely because it hasn't really had much in the way of direct competition. It's biggest rival has been Forza, on another console entirely, and that's a console somewhat limited by wheel compatibility. I have a 360 and I still don't bother with Forza coz I can't plug my G27 in, and I'm not gonna buy a 2nd wheel just for that.
I haven't kept up much... What is this Project Cars people keep posting about on here?

EDIT: Never mind... I see the P.C. section. It looks nice, but I'm not very interested in the whole touring car thing. I guess my hope still lies with Drive Club, for now.
Project CARS isn't just touring cars. There are karts, road cars, lightweight track cars, open wheeler Formula cars, etc. Sure it won't have the huge list of cars Gran Turismo has, but I'd take good racing and a proper career progression over 45 variations of the GT-R any day of the week.
 
Ive played GT since the original & have made it my mission to gold all the licence tests.To me they are the heartbeat of the game, something that sets the series apart from its rivals.
In GT1-2 golding the licence tests was seen as something special as you won unique cars you couldn't get in the game any other way. Now you may win a MX5 or lancer you can buy in the dealership for 20k.
I still remember test A4 white skyline at the first sector of trial mountain in GT1, or the Toyota GT1 at monaco in GT3 with super hard tyres & no TCS HA HA nightmares.
 
Yes. The capital letters in the thread title are unnecessary, but I agree with the rest of the ideas expressed.


I'm all-for a difficulty setting which doesn't revolve around the assists I have to use or disable to slow myself down, but rather to improve the AI at the cost of AI consistency. If you make the AI run at 110%, allow them to make mistakes, and I'll be happy. No one ever runs a perfect race without making mistakes... Unless they're driving at 80%, like the AI is.
 
It should be selectable at any point. That way, if the player chooses medium and finds it too easy (or difficult), it can be altered. The difficulty should also increase as the game progresses.

And also the reward (prize money) should be higher with higher level of difficulty, so that those who take time to develop and improve their skills, would get something (more) from that
 
Adaptive AI would be great in GT. EA was able to do it in their sports games. For example in NHL 14 if I start a season my first game I can win easily with a blowout score like 9-2 or something. But as I progress the AI adapts to my skill level, so by the 5th game of the season or so the scores start to become more realistic like 4-2 or 2-1. I'm sure PD has the capability of doing this type of system as well.
It should be selectable at any point. That way, if the player chooses medium and finds it too easy (or difficult), it can be altered. The difficulty should also increase as the game progresses.
 
A difficulty level would make the game arcadish. Easy one here, you tune your car, the AI does the same.
 
A difficulty level would make the game arcadish. Easy one here, you tune your car, the AI does the same.

Christ on a bike, why does everything get classed as arcade these days? Difficulty levels are not arcade, the simmish of sim racing games have included it in the past.
 
GT games get harder as you progress thought the career
 
Back