Should GT7 have a credit system?

Credits on GT7?

• Total voters
I like the idea of the Forza Hub. Up to a point, you get bonus credits once a month based on your progress in Forza games. Take into account your Trophies for GT6 and in GT7 and give a monthly bonus based on that.

How about if we are rewarded $3000 (or more) for each Km. we drive? 💡
100 km = 300.000 cr$. 🤬

Think of the credit$ we'd get on 300km+ Endurance race$. :cheers:

I guess the credits-question is just a matter of which part of GT-players you belong to. The ones that see GT mainly as the GT Life/Offline-game, or the ones that mainly use it as an Online-game. For an Offline-player credits are a very important part of going through GT Life. Payouts need to be just right or otherwise the career will be too easy or too hard. For Online-players earning credits is just a hassle to get to do what you actually want to do in the game. With both GT5 and GT6 having very low payouts in the beginning (no online bonus, generally lower payouts), you sometimes could not even take part in an online racing series, because the cars were too expensive. Want to race in a 60's Le Mans series and test all cars first...? You'll need about 100 million credits. Check back in a couple of months.

Saying that, I don't believe removing the credit system completely is the solution as it would make the career-mode pointless. But maybe career and online need to be separated, with separate garages and credits...?

The credit system should stay that's a no-brainer, but I think it needs a complete rework so that earning credits actually has some meaning for career progression and building your garage. As it is, once the high paying seasonals come along, the miniscule payouts in the career become virtually meaniningless and the career itself loses much of it's excitement because you no longer need credits to progress, it's just a matter of going through the motions to be able to say you achieved Platinum, where platinum has no meaning other than saying you put an exhorbitant amount of time into a mind numbingly dull career. IMO the career should have the option of being self contained, with it's own isolated economy where the payouts are meaningful and relative to the next series you enter and for car modification and upgrading. Invitational races should be available for those that like to pad their bank account a bit without running inside the career mode or affecting their %'s and awards within career mode but the rewards for those races should be in proportion to the rest of your career. Not winning $1million for a 5 lap race when your next career event is the Sunday Cup in a $15k beater.

Making one giant game with a single economy will never work to satisfy the myriad of players that play this game. There are players that primarily play online and have no interest in career mode. There are those that love the career and never play online. And there are a whole bunch in the middle. Each of those would prefer a different approach to the game and everyone can be accomodated with just handful of options that we can all choose as we start the game. Options could include all cars from the start, traditional wide open career mode ala GT5-6, isolated career mode as described above. Combine this with the ability to mix and match and everyone can be happy. I'd consider running a closed career mode for example and might enjoy the challenge of progressing through my career, if I was also able to just have a separate garage with every car in it and be able to go online racing at will. Tying the two together makes zero sense to me and just throws a wet blanket of unnecessary comprimise over the online and offline aspect of the game.

How about a point system w/o ranks/ranking

But credit is still perfectly fine

Its the 7th game, credits need a major overhaul

I'd like to see a salary/contract system of some sort. Anything besides what we've had for the past 20 years.

@Earth, I think your suggestion suits something more along the lines of my Career Mode, which is based along the lines of real life/GT Academy/whatever. I've been pondering this since I immersed myself in GT4 at launch, mulling over Kaz's dreams for Gran Turismo versus what GT4 ended up being. Which as immense as GT4 is, is smaller yet from what Kaz envisioned as racing through automotive history, and having an automotive museum, which was reduced to card collecting in GT5.

I realized that dreaming about a Gran Turismo game which wasn't about car and cash prizes and Pokemon car collecting, but more along the lines of a racing sim with sponsorships and an actual career, would alienate those who were looking for the next GT sandbox. So the obvious answer is to either make it a separate game (boo), or a separate mode (yay!).

So I'll lobby one more time for a GT Pro mode which I've outlined several times now but is probly due for a rewrite, something very PC sim, very career oriented from enthusiast kids tearing around to full blown professional league racing or rallying. Along with that, a nice tweak to the GT Mode we're all used to, including that early skimpy credit system. When it gets going, anyone with an average level of skill usually ends up pretty rich.

I think cars should have a price, but things like paint or car parts shouldn't. Money in Gran turismo is too easy to earn for a 4,000cr body kit to make a difference to your balance.

I would like a hybrid of TT's and GT system where certain cars(like race cars) could be won by performing certain task but at the same time be bought.

What if when you had enough money for the car and click on the buy button it would ask you if you would like to take a 10 question quiz on the car if you get 8+ correct you could get it FREE

ss3
What if when you had enough money for the car and click on the buy button it would ask you if you would like to take a 10 question quiz on the car if you get 8+ correct you could get it FREE

...Nope. I did that at school, no need to take a dang "questionnaire" to buy a digital car in a game...:rolleyes:

Of course it should have a credit system. No reason to play after winning every race if there are no credits to win and cars to buy. Also winning prize cars isn't really necessary IMO when you can buy every car in every colour and there are no special colours in won cars. Unless they brought that back special prize colours or locked away the really special cars.

Look at the credit system for the Sierra TT. You only get one chance to collect Cr. All the races could be that way. Some prize cars and some winnings. If it's spread around like this, there is some balance.

If in Sierra, we Bronzed. A Prize car could be an A110. Silver, a Viper. Gold, a 20mil or LMP. Random cars could be prize cars in Bronze and Silver until a player gets Gold. The Cr is collected and can't be collected again. Yet, a prize car could be won each time the event is run.

Grinding for dollars doesn't have to be. GT is a car collecting game. There are various colors and trim levels out of 1200+ cars to be had. I'd like to win that YouTube GT-R by Golding the GT3 events. I may only get Bronze or Silver and win the base models, until I finally Gold.

How nice to win the '61 GTO when Golding the Historic car races. Credits only collected once. So, I still win some classic rides until then.

When I boot the game up now, if I want a specific car over my "bank" limit, I'm visiting the Red Bull Challenge(yawn). It's no fun at all. The Cr. Should only be there as a purse, at the most, to buy upgrades. And then, those upgrades should be available free of charge for the cars you already have. Something like this would need fine tuning but, a start.

Look at the credit system for the Sierra TT. You only get one chance to collect Cr. All the races could be that way. Some prize cars and some winnings. If it's spread around like this, there is some balance.

If in Sierra, we Bronzed. A Prize car could be an A110. Silver, a Viper. Gold, a 20mil or LMP. Random cars could be prize cars in Bronze and Silver until a player gets Gold. The Cr is collected and can't be collected again. Yet, a prize car could be won each time the event is run.

Grinding for dollars doesn't have to be. GT is a car collecting game. There are various colors and trim levels out of 1200+ cars to be had. I'd like to win that YouTube GT-R by Golding the GT3 events. I may only get Bronze or Silver and win the base models, until I finally Gold.

How nice to win the '61 GTO when Golding the Historic car races. Credits only collected once. So, I still win some classic rides until then.

When I boot the game up now, if I want a specific car over my "bank" limit, I'm visiting the Red Bull Challenge(yawn). It's no fun at all. The Cr. Should only be there as a purse, at the most, to buy upgrades. And then, those upgrades should be available free of charge for the cars you already have. Something like this would need fine tuning but, a start.
I don't think it should be like that. I think you ONLY get a prize car for gold and you can reset your wins to get it again (for selling or to get a special paint colour). Credits should be able to be won over and over again.

I don't think it should be like that. I think you ONLY get a prize car for gold and you can reset your wins to get it again (for selling or to get a special paint colour). Credits should be able to be won over and over again.

At the moment, PD dont think so. You win a car (and very fast cars at that) just for completing a lap. Plus, you get Cr. once for certain events. That's the way it is online. Offline, there are no such incentives. Especially for those that can't claim any of the bonuses. A casual gamer only has a chance to collect an expensive machine if they have time to collect stars and advance. There are some good cars to win after each event now but, so many colors to collect, why not grind to collect them if they are forced to grind and buy them?

At the moment, PD dont think so. You win a car (and very fast cars at that) just for completing a lap. Plus, you get Cr. once for certain events. That's the way it is online. Offline, there are no such incentives. Especially for those that can't claim any of the bonuses. A casual gamer only has a chance to collect an expensive machine if they have time to collect stars and advance. There are some good cars to win after each event now but, so many colors to collect, why not grind to collect them if they are forced to grind and buy them?
The stars system is awful IMO. Just make it like GT4 where all we need is the licences (and give us some cool cars for the licences too!) and the right car and we can enter whatever event we like.

GT3 had that balance. Win Cr. Win a car. It was random but, I was grinding for a purpose. I wanted that burgundy Tom's X540 Chaser. I would press the 'X' button multiple times hoping the car I wanted, lit up after the music.

GT3 had that balance. Win Cr. Win a car. It was random but, I was grinding for a purpose. I wanted that burgundy Tom's X540 Chaser. I would press the 'X' button multiple times hoping the car I wanted, lit up after the music.
I have the burgundy Chaser on my save, I hate the colour. Been trying to get the white one. GT3 was also great because only the main cars were buyable. If you wanted the R390, GT-ONE, P001 or any of the LM cars you HAD to win it in a race. GT7 should go that way. GT's career mode has gotten worse since GT5.

There should be a "Buy on Credit" "Option".
Meaning that we could buy a car on Credit from a in-game Bank (Loan), and have a set deadline to pay it back (7/14 days) or the car will be Repossessed/Removed from garage, plus a penalty for "Non Payment". :ill:
The Penalty would be a "Random" car from Our Garage! :nervous:
The first 7 days will be Interest Free, after that, there will be a 25% Interest Fee applied daily, till we pay back the Loan in full. :scared:
That's a feeling that happens in real life. How many people acquire a Loan to buy a nice car, only to eventually have the Bank repossess it a few months later.?:ouch:

The car you are forced to drive if you don't pay:
ebay152916.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
I love it! :lol:
Hopefully the game will have a Livery Option, so I may paint on some pretty flowers. :lol:

It really wouldn't be GT without starting out with nothing then saving and grinding your way to the more expensive cars.

It really wouldn't be GT without starting out with nothing then saving and grinding your way to the more expensive cars.
True, and I guess that's why many players want an optional way to avoid that:sly:

Starting at zero is the way to go! :bowdown:
I definitely noticed the difference while playing these games (GT & Forza).
If things are too easy to get, the game gets boring faster, unless we can buy lots of cars and do a livery for each one, which takes time and effort, with the outcome being a sense of pride and achievement. :boggled:
So, I don't want free cars/credits to start with.
Well, just 1 car to start the game, and the monthly payments for that 1 car to be paid, (as I progress through the game and earn credit$) till that car is paid in full. :P

Yes! Keep Gran Turismo the same, Just raise the winnings a little. Make F1 Million dollar purses like in real life (Lewis Hamilton makes 1.6 Million per race) so grinding doesn't become too monotonous. Every game has its niche, and the dealership is Gran Turismo's niche, Gran Turismo 7 without the dealership and your own garage wouldn't be Gran Turismo, There is a variety of Sim Racing Games to choose from now on the PS4, Project CARS, F1 2015, Drive Club for fun, Assetto Corsa and GT7 coming in 2016 so let's stop trying to make Gran Turismo the one stop shop for every Sim Racing niche, why would we want to have all the games the same anyway? Wouldn't that defeat the reason for having variety? Buy them all and Enjoy each niche that each game has to offer that makes it unique from the others,.:D

Last edited:
I think the credit system is working pretty well except in a couple of ways, online racing isn't awarded enough, and the multiplier system is a bit ridiculous.

Online racing in at least a club lobby should pay more because it's more of a sanctioned atmosphere, it's meant to be more professional than a bunch of hooligans punting around on what is essentially a virtual track day. Since Gran Turismo doesn't have any cars from certain series of certain eras some of us, my league included, tune street cars to accurately represent something that actually exists/ed. It's a whole different subject so to not get too into details the whole community idea was a bit of a letdown in many areas.

The multiplier is something I dread especially since GT is my go to game. I hate logging in after missing a full day to see that I'm going to earn less money because of that. Sure I can do the time zone glitch but most days I miss it because it's too late in the day when I log in anyway. I'm willing to admit that yes, that does draw me back to the game but that shouldn't be a factor. I want to come back to it because I like the game, which I do but it makes it a hassle and I don't want that from something I'm trying to enjoy.

Some have mentioned the fact that they want quick credits, I like being able to get them too if I'm doing a large BoP of expensive cars but there should be a "price" to pay. The only repeatable quick cash I believe should exist is the quick match. If you want to make absurd amounts of money very quickly, you should have to suffer a little by racing with, in some cases, utterly awful people. The developers put their heart and soul into the game hoping the users would love it, and all some people want to do is abuse the system to get all the big money cars and then shelve the game. Why did you even buy it?

Some have mentioned the fact that they want quick credits, I like being able to get them too if I'm doing a large BoP of expensive cars but there should be a "price" to pay. The only repeatable quick cash I believe should exist is the quick match. If you want to make absurd amounts of money very quickly, you should have to suffer a little by racing with, in some cases, utterly awful people. The developers put their heart and soul into the game hoping the users would love it, and all some people want to do is abuse the system to get all the big money cars and then shelve the game. Why did you even buy it?
I want to come back to it because I like the game, which I do but it makes it a hassle [to grind for credits]and I don't want that from something I'm trying to enjoy.

Back