Should GT7 have a credit system?

Credits on GT7?

• Total voters
Italy
Naples
MarchingSaint
As seen in the topic "Make all cars avaible from the start" a lot of people is ok with a future Gran Turismo game without the need of costantly buying new and different cars, making all avaible right at the start.
My question here is: Should GT7 have a credit system like in the past? if yes why?
One of the many aspects i always appreciated from the GT series is the "zero to hero" side of the game- whereas you started with few bucks and had to manage your way with few founds and few income- i'm all in for a totally renewed cash system that takes in consideration the utility of the car and /or its rarity. Apart from the utility, gaining credits is also a big "game" part of GT so i would like PD or Sony to keep this aspect, maybe expanding the management with teammates hiring or else.
So, would you like to see a new credit system?

...💡

To make it a real "challenge", why not start with zero credits? But give players two options.

1. Option to "rent" a car, and race it for a quick credits.

or

2. Enter Licence tests (since PDI can't seem to get rid of them) and you receive X amount depending on how well you pass them!

....Or just stick with 20,000cr opening balance...:indiff:

I'd like to see real old bangers in the game. Not like GT5 with the UCD but a UCD with random cars with a lot of miles that will be all available new in the dealerships. Them cars should be real cheap and buy second hand parts that are really cheap but not as reliable.

The credits system of GT7 should just be like in Jackpot Races in GT PSP, although the multiplier of extra cash winnings should be for every race you win, up to x20 after 20 straight wins. Microtransactions should finally be gone as well.

Yes, but some prices needed to be reconsidered. 15 million and 20 million credits for cars is a bit extreme. One should be able to sell ANY car. If I win a car, I should be able to sell it for credits. Also, an awesome addition would be if you have a car you have been winning a lot of races in, it should increase in value to a certain degree. Example, if I won a number of races with a BMW M4 at 500PP and/or won against higher PP opponents, if I sell that M4, I would get a hefty amount more for it. This would be awesome for selling online too.

Yes, but some prices needed to be reconsidered. 15 million and 20 million credits for cars is a bit extreme. One should be able to sell ANY car. If I win a car, I should be able to sell it for credits. Also, an awesome addition would be if you have a car you have been winning a lot of races in, it should increase in value to a certain degree. Example, if I won a number of races with a BMW M4 at 500PP and/or won against higher PP opponents, if I sell that M4, I would get a hefty amount more for it. This would be awesome for selling online too.
Or selling copies of a certain tune for in-game credits... @Ridox2JZGTE is goin' to be a billionare :lol:

Have free cars but unlock garage spaces with achievements, or have credits and a limited but expandable garage maybe. There's an opportunity to do something a little different this time anyway, although it's totally not required.

Oh yeah because there's no way that couldn't be abused by micro-transactions...

As the current swinging voter (18 to 19 on revamp vs. standard), I have to say, there's nothing that really bothers me about the current credit situation.

As long as there's seasonals to win massive amounts of money, I can keep myself in the high millions, buy whatever I'd want/need, then win more money, and repeat.

If anything, its annoying how small the amount of money is early on, but it probably has to be that way, otherwise you'd just Veyron for the win.

I voted yes with revamp.

Not that I think it needs a TOTAL revamp, the basics are all fine and dandy... it's just the completely insane grind that needs to be rethought. I'm fine with a degree of grinding, but GT can sometimes be absurd in that regard.

Like others have mentioned, the car selling could use some rethinking as well... you ought to be able to sell any car you own. Maybe a system like Sega GT where you set the price, and how fast (or if) it sells depends on how fair your price is. Though I think it should take into account things like how upgrades and mileage affect the car's value, the demographic who'd be looking to buy such a vehicle (i.e. a particularly valuable and/or unique car might have millionaires with deep pockets lining up to buy, whereas they probably could care less about your riced up Civic...), and perhaps even whether your price seems a little bit too good.

On reflection, I've no objection to the credits system. Having said that, Project Cars lets you drive and use any car right from the start of the game. No tuning upgrades though.

The frustrations with the credits is that you are restricted to what you can use until you have the cash to buy the more expensive items. You get the cars with ridiculous prices, but that reflects real life with the same cars as you are unlikely to ever drive them.

I hate the micro transaction system that is in GT6. It seems a cynical method of getting people to get the credits to buy those ridiculously priced cars.

I don't know of any way to compromise between having access to all cars initially and progressing through the dealerships selection as you "amass" credits.

I would like to see the Stockyard done away with after the initial issues... I still don't really trust it. Just as well there are fewer than 500 Premiums!

If anything, I'd love to see the game reward you with credits even when playing Arcade Mode and racing against AI. Not much, definitely, but not chump change, either.

It is apart of GTs main gameplay, seeing it gone will make it look a bit more of a Clone to GRID and Pcars.

Though the prices of some cars needs to be toned down heavily. I'm gad LMPs are around 2,000,000 now but 20,000,000 for Classic is too much.

If they had an auction system where you can put your cars on auctions, that could be a good way to earn Credits, especially i livery editor was available.

Why is this even a question?

Why_not.jpg

I think a Kudos/XP/Level system where cars become unlocked as your reach certain levels would be a great idea. PD have to realise that the gaming world has changed and the vast majority don't 'grind' at games any more... gaming (due to apps) has become a much more pick up and play type of thing.

Also making licence tests not mandatory would be great as I know it's puts many casual gamers off when they cannot advance to the next set of events.

I think a Kudos/XP/Level system where cars become unlocked as your reach certain levels would be a great idea. PD have to realise that the gaming world has changed and the vast majority don't 'grind' at games any more... gaming (due to apps) has become a much more pick up and play type of thing.

Also making licence tests not mandatory would be great as I know it's puts many casual gamers off when they cannot advance to the next set of events.
it's not even about proceeding further into the game,that way you can show rookie drivers how you do it and introduce them to specific term or maneuvers.
Playin online is already a pain with net problems and stuff, imagine it with uneducated drivers.

Are you telling me that you think that there aren't any uneducated drivers online?:odd:
Quite honestly, yes there are.
But then again think about people that is not even able to keep their car on the track.
Not that i want to go too much OT but to me license test should stay, for sense of purpose and little knowledge.

Having played Project Cars (as much as I love the game), I can't help but feel I've experienced the vast majority of the game already, considering all the cars and tracks are available from the start. If Gran Turismo was to take the same approach, I'd fear experiencing too much of the game too quickly.

With every Gran Turismo game, there is an incredible satisfaction in earning the money to build up a collection of cars. Albeit the currency system could be tweaked. I would rather it was more challenging. I felt like I was buying cars too often in GT6. They could start by getting rid of the daily cash boosts.

In Project Cars, it feels like I've been 'given' the cars for a one off track day session. In Gran Turismo, every car I purchase really does feel like my own.

I don't mean to compare the two games, but that's just to illustrate how I feel with any racing game that doesn't have a currency system. For Gran Turismo specifically, one of the main satisfactions for me is earning the cars you drive.

Some people may be disappointed by an expensive car they purchase. A solution to that would be the ability to road test the car before buying it. (Take note Kaz....)

While I'm here, I would like to see some progression with the 'Arcade mode' like in old GT games, where you unlocked more cars and tracks with each set of tracks you race on. If GT7 was to do the same thing, the Arcade mode itself would serve as a cashless solution to those who want to experience a range of the games cars, without providing everything at once.

As seen in the topic "Make all cars avaible from the start" a lot of people is ok with a future Gran Turismo game without the need of costantly buying new and different cars, making all avaible right at the start.

As in that thread, we've not dealing with mutually exclusive ideas. You can have a credit system and all cars available. You can have 10 credits systems and all cars available. You can have game configuration files out in the open for players to mod to get millions of ideas for career mode that would far outpace what PD could output alone and still have all cars available.

All I'd like is to be to never see credits in game ever. For the people who want credits, I see talk of difficulty brought up a lot. I don't see where this enters given that money practically can never go down in GT. If you wanted difficulty in the credit system then car maintenance would need to a be a thing so that buying gas, tires, repairs, etc would make it possible that you spend more than you earn. I wouldn't want to deal with it, but if it was optional I wouldn't have to and wouldn't care if it was in the game or not.

it's not even about proceeding further into the game,that way you can show rookie drivers how you do it and introduce them to specific term or maneuvers.
Playin online is already a pain with net problems and stuff, imagine it with uneducated drivers.
Voluntary tutorials handle this with the added bonus of not wasting experienced player's time and letting inexperienced players immediately focus on the areas where they need help.

Back