Should gtp start using screening system for new tag users?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bevo
  • 39 comments
  • 2,541 views
I have noticed in the last several weeks that the quality and sportsmanship of the gtp_ racers has dramatically declined.

I strongly disagree with your claim that "quality and sportsmanship of the gtp_ racers has dramatically declined". The best way to measure our success in terms of quality and sportsmanship is by understanding how other reputable GT sites view us, and I can proudly say that our reputation is very satisfactory, thank you very much. Having been doing OLR for years, one understands that reputation is everything in this game, especially when it comes to competing against other boards, because without that good reputation no other reputable board would ever entertain coming here looking for "quality" and "sportsmanship", but they do almost every day.

Another good method of measuring how others view us is by going to other GT sites and actually read what is being said about us. For example:

Anywho what is obvious though are drivers who are gentlemen, and what they did to make you think so.



So lets be positive about people here, name the drivers you've met online who you thought were ACE drivers.



I'll start with 4



GTP_Stevisio - He and i were racing handle to handle, each respecting the others space and we could have both quite easily taken each other off but we didn't and for 2 laps round Suzuka we were leapfrogging each other. It is my stand out battle online and it was awsome fun racing with him and i hope to meet him again.



GTP_BJM - Although i don't actually remember when it was as i was hit soo many times, after a race he sent me a message apologising for ramming me, which frankly was and amazing gentlemanly thing to do and he's now got my total respect and one of my online buddies.!
http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=65&thread.id=37101

You see, for me, comments like this is what makes all this hard work worthwhile, and it far outweighs any negative comments we may receive because mostly any negatives we receive are borne from isolated incidents that are very far from the norm.


When I first started playing gt5p, I was always so excited whenever I would get in a race with gtp_racers. Now, unless it's one of the guys that I raced with in the beginning(spyhunter, kensei, digitalrelay, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head) I don't know what to expect. The races were great. Always competitive, and almost always clean. Now you never know what's going to happen. I have been getting rammed and ganged up on regularly by gtp_racers recently. It seems like what I am assuming is the newer races think that they are in some kind of gang, and if you don't have the gtp tag your a target for abuse. There is no waiting if your wrecked flagrantly by one, and they are always pushing to get to your inside at every turn. It's not how fast the racers are that i am worried about. It's the sportsmanship.

You highlighted that you posted this in another thread and thought this was worthy of a thread dedicated to it, and you also attempt to come across as someone who is concerned about the reputation of the GTP, and yet I have received nothing from you in regard to any wrong doing by any GTP_Tagged members, ever. If you really are concerned about the reputation of the GTP then do us a big favour and report any incidents that you can't resolve via PM to the alleged guilty party. Any negative comments not backed up by details will be ignored (the reason why I ignored your first posting in the apology thread), especially if it's posted in the public forum.

Anyway, what I am getting at is. Should GTP start using some sort of screening method before they enter someone into the registry.


There is. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there, even more so if you haven't even attempted to sign up yourself. I admit it's not a fool proof screening method, but it has its moments. So far 5 registry requests have been declined. It's so easy to question things, and have bright ideas on how things should be, especially if you can't see what going on behind the scenes, but I assure you it's 1000 times harder to be the one doing all the work.

Another behind the scenes process is policing. Only those who has fallen foul of it are aware that it's there. To date, 4 GTP registered members (across all regions) are more than aware that it's there.



I know I don't even carry the tag, I would like to though, just haven't gotten around to it yet since the private rooms are not up yet.

I hope you do, but don't leave it too long, as you may be disappointed.

I hope this doesn't offend the staff.

Offended, no. Irked, yes. However, I would be less so if you backed up your claims in the correct manner.
 
I hope you do, but don't leave it too long, as you may be disappointed.

Sphinx, is this to imply that one must bear the tag in order to be present in a private room with other GTP members, else be left out in the cold? I dare not say anything further until after you clarify, which I would appreciate if you could do that. Thanks..
 
Z
Sphinx, is this to imply that one must bear the tag in order to be present in a private room with other GTP members, else be left out in the cold? I dare not say anything further until after you clarify, which I would appreciate if you could do that. Thanks..

Yes, in private rooms that are officially organised by the GTP. That has always been the case:

The Official GTP PSN (PlayStation Network) Registry is your gateway to all future official GTP approved race events. Therefore, only those GTP members who have been placed onto the Official GTP PSN Registry can take part in any future GTP approved race events.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105367

What I was trying to imply without giving too much detail is that the registry is nearing 300 members, and the question remains about keeping it fully open, or closing it and only having periodic times that new members can join. The purpose of this is to make the registry more manageable.
 
WOW! :eek:

Is this across all GT series or just prologue?
 
WOW! :eek:

Is this across all GT series or just prologue?

Is what across all GT series or just prologue?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
 
Yes, in private rooms that are officially organised by the GTP. That has always been the case:


https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105367

What I was trying to imply without giving too much detail is that the registry is nearing 300 members, and the question remains about keeping it fully open, or closing it and only having periodic times that new members can join. The purpose of this is to make the registry more manageable.

Thank you for the reply. I understand the stance taken here as those are officially organized GTP events. Were I to manage my own series (I won't be doing so), I probably would not want to welcome outsiders either, especially as it seems you've a point system in place.

There are a few of you GTP members who I've added to my friends list and I am hoping I will run into you again and perhaps meet some new faces (user icons?) along the way. I was afraid that you were implying there was to be an immediate split (GTP members always sticking to a room with a GTP label or whathaveyou when the rooms do come).

As I read your post, I no longer have this feeling. As for those members on my PSN list, I hope that if someday I invite them to a room, they will join and give me a quick run or two.
 
Is what across all GT series or just prologue?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

300 members - is that 300 members only playing prologue or all the gt games?
 
With all the discussion about punters, bumpers, "hacks" etc. I have to say that (other than the first week after NTSC release, when online was a complete mess), I have only ever encountered two (2!) drivers who unquestionably deliberately, knocked me off the track (although, I spend most of my time at Suzuka 600 PP, which I think is a little more "civilized" than some of the other tracks/PP set-ups).

I never retaliate for any bumping or shoving, & don't think any GTPer should, as I believe this is completely counter-productive. Like everybody else, I have occasionally taken out other drivers by accident.

In my experience, GTP tags generally mean a higher standard of driving & courtesy (although there are, of course, very good drivers without a GTP tag) 👍
 
I never retaliate for any bumping or shoving, & don't think any GTPer should, as I believe this is completely counter-productive. Like everybody else, I have occasionally taken out other drivers by accident.

In my experience, GTP tags generally mean a higher standard of driving & courtesy (although there are, of course, very good drivers without a GTP tag) 👍

I agree with Biggles. I've raced with him when we had a couple of careless drivers and we both got bumped around. Neither of us retaliated, but the other two drivers were ruthless to each other. Eventually they both went of and the rest of us had a great race.
 
Back