Should I buy a steering wheel, just for iRacing?

I think you're 100 percent correct.
I'm looking at getting a new wheel as I want one with a clutch. What would you recommend for one that is a low price range? Don't want to spend a fortune.
I thought about maybe having a TX with a different pedal set?

I think you're 100 percent correct.
I'm looking at getting a new wheel as I want one with a clutch. What would you recommend for one that is a low price range? Don't want to spend a fortune.
I thought about maybe having a TX with a different pedal set?

I use a TX w/ Ferrari 458 GTE Challenge rim and Fanatec Clubsport pedals V2 and it's absolutely fantastic, I also have a basherboards adaptor so I can use the pedals on xbox too but I recently bought a new Gaming PC and I've never liked Forza with a wheel (I'm way to picky about things like FOV and for some reason I've never been a fan of the FFB, even though many seem to praise it I guess it just doesn't suit me, that and the FM series feels great with a controller) I won't be using it much on the Xbox anymore. I've been lucky as I got a second hand TX with the GTE and the basherboards adaptor from a mate in the same league as me and did me an awesome price. All up so far I've spent about $750 AUD on my setup, all new I would have paid about $1100 AUD (I'm not even done yet, I still want to get a shifter and a wheelstand and a DSD Button box hahaha, be careful, when it comes to sim racing hardware it's a trap).

I'd highly recommend the TX (only with another rim, the stock rim is absolute garbage) and any version of the CSPs, expensive-ish but worth it. And if this is the route you want to go you can TM have just announced a Base only TX version which would be cheaper and you wouldn't have things you didn't use lying around

But it all depends on what your budget is and what you're using now, G27s are always a solid choice as they are relatively cheap now, have a 3 pedal set and come with a shifter. Downside is the lack of buttons on the face of the wheel but with what you save from buying a higher end wheel you can buy a button box. G29/G290 I can't honestly recommend at this stage, maybe when the price point is more towards G27 prices. The TX and the T300 are essentially the same wheel, they have different rims though (the T300 having a better stock rim) and the pedals they come with are very average (but are totally usable and get the job done, but are only a 2 pedal set), the thrustmaster ecosystem is pretty good too (if a little overpriced imo). And then there's fanatec but the prices on a full fanatec set up are really high

I think the only way to fairly compare the T300/TX wheel and the G29 is to add $150 to the price of the TM wheels for the Pro pedals. Other wise because of the pedals the TM wheels IMO are inferior. There really is no time to be gained on track between the wheels, the pedals however will improve lap times considerably. If you add mods that can be made to the pedals and the gap grows even bigger for Logi. While the TM wheels might have a bit better FFB without upgraded pedals I think the Logi wheels are the better choice.

I currently use my Logitech Driving Force pro for IRacing. I have my Force feedback strength set at 15 for oval races.. I also have a G27 6 speed gated shifter (You can buy adapters to use it as stand alone). As far as pedals I am using stock right now with an added spring for resistance. If I were to upgrade I would get the fanatic Club Sport pedals. Most cost effective set of pedals to include a load cell brake..

Back