Should I do 24hr 'Ring all in A-Spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viper007Bond
  • 79 comments
  • 5,639 views

Should I do 24hr 'Ring all in A-Spec?

  • Yeah! It'd be a cool and quite an accomplishment

    Votes: 141 50.7%
  • Nah, not worth it. Let the AI do some of the work

    Votes: 137 49.3%

  • Total voters
    278
Messages
42
Messages
Viper007Bond
So I've been debating on doing the entire 24 hours of the 'Ring in A-Spec mode.

Do you guys think I'm just wasting my time or do you think it'd be fun? I kinda look at B-Spec mode as cheating, but on the other hand, 24 hours of racing over a couple days? That's quite a bit...

Since I couldn't decide, I thought I'd make a thread.
 
Yeah I'd do it...... if I had an 8 ball of crack! Seriously though, if you have the time to sit there for an entire day then knock yourself out. I'm personally going to use the Gameshark for that freakin' disaster!
 
bmac420
Yeah I'd do it...... if I had an 8 ball of crack! Seriously though, if you have the time to sit there for an entire day then knock yourself out. I'm personally going to use the Gameshark for that freakin' disaster!
x2, that's actually not a bad idea....
 
i have a codebreaker that gives me infinite fuel and always good tires...before i go to church im gonna set it on b-spec 3x and when i come back it will be almost done :)
 
If you don't have a life it is a good idea, otherwise not. I might do the 9 hour endurance in one run, might I said, I'm not even sure about that one. I already thought 2 hours on Laguna Seca was long enough when I still played GT2 every day.
 
Some friends and I are setting up a crew of five or six of us to play it through all a-spec in one sitting. We are gonna flip for whose memory card gets the credit and then the rest of us will do it on b-spec but still feel like we had the a-spec experience.
 
when i get a dfp wheel, and hopefully a cockpit i might start one friday night and go on into saturday...
 
Me and two other people did the Nurb 24 hour four days ago. Man was it awesome. Did it with the M3 GTR, google the history of that car at the Nurb - sweet stuff.
 
Viper007Bond
So I've been debating on doing the entire 24 hours of the 'Ring in A-Spec mode.

Do you guys think I'm just wasting my time or do you think it'd be fun? I kinda look at B-Spec mode as cheating, but on the other hand, 24 hours of racing over a couple days? That's quite a bit...

Since I couldn't decide, I thought I'd make a thread.

you should do it so i don't have to i'd like to know how it goes...lotsa mt dew
 
I really don't think it's worth it. I just like to one lap it to see how fast I can get a certain car. That's gives me all the satisfaction I need.

Plus if for some reason I get to the 23rd hour and the power flickers, I don't have to throw my PS2 out the window.
 
if i had a DFP i would do it ... im gonna make a 2 seater that you can slide the controlls side to side ... i got the 2 buckets from my mustang and my dads a pretty good welder/fabricator .... and knows enough about cars to be able to make a nice setup ....
 
Viper007Bond
Do you guys think I'm just wasting my time or do you think it'd be fun?

Come on, now. You know you could find something better to do with those 24 hours than sit in front of a TV piling up a titanic lead over the hapless AI drivers.
 
It's taking me long enough to do it in B-Spec, I don't even want to consider doing it in A-Spec.
 
Why should you ask us? It's your life and your decision.
Anyway I am doing a few hours A-spec then B-spec the rest
 
I say yes just to be cruel 👍
 
I traded off. One stint by me, one stint by the computer. Lather rinse repeat. It didn't take 8 hours like BspecX3 or 24 like full aspec, but it made things fun late at night. :P
 
I haven't decided exactly how I'm gonna tackle it. I'm definitely gonna race some of it. I might switch off. Or do like a few hours before I go to bed, put it on B-Spec and finish the race when I wake up.
 
I'll probably switch back and forth between a spec and b spec, but I have considered doing a full a spec run. GO FOR IT!!
 
i say do trade offs like in real 24hr races like 8 hrs you 12 hrs AI (get some good sleep) then you finish it off!
 
they thats a bloody good idea actually, i was planning to do myself but seeing as u can change to b-spec in the pit i can change with computer for stints

duuuuuuuuude
 
I'll do it in A-spec at Easter holidays :D
 
I suggest that when you have a long boring "I-don't-know-what-to-do" holiday then you do it:D As I'm still in school, I have a boring eight-week holiday in the summer, MMAAAYYBBEEE I'll do it then:)
 
I would definatly do it, since Im doing one as son as i get far enough into the game once its out in the UK. Ah being unemployed has its advantages... time to stop eating for a month so I can afford it lol.

If you've got the ability to keep your concentration up I'd say do it, the ring is not a track where you can potter round half asleep :D Just remember to get supplies before you start.
 
I will buy a DFP, build my cockpit and then drive the 24 hours on the Ring with one of my friends without a break 👍 👍 👍
 
Personnally I cannot wait to try this 24hr race, however is it possible to save say 3hrs into the race or at any time in the race if so then I'll do, if however it takes 24hrs then I'll have to find myself alot of free time.
 
If you don't mind wasting 24 hours of your life, do it...
 
Hello!

two of my friends, my brother and me will do all 24 hours in A - Spec. Maybe we take the AI as the fifth driver. 👍

This will be lot of fun. :sly:
 
Back