Should I do 24hr 'Ring all in A-Spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viper007Bond
  • 79 comments
  • 5,639 views

Should I do 24hr 'Ring all in A-Spec?

  • Yeah! It'd be a cool and quite an accomplishment

    Votes: 141 50.7%
  • Nah, not worth it. Let the AI do some of the work

    Votes: 137 49.3%

  • Total voters
    278
I think you should should go for it! Make sure you write a race report.
I may try eventually (in a year or so when I've done everything else...).
 
im doin it all aspec im done 3 hours im just gonna do like an 2 hours or so then go do something then a lil bit more. so its gonna take till wednesday i presume but it will be cool cuz il be king **** of racing in my friends eyes, and thats wut really matters right
 
I woke up and heard the sound of credits pouring in this morning. :D

And an orange F1 car.
 
Can you save it? or does the PS2 need to be on for 24hrs with no save? If you cant save I probably wont do it due to the remote possibility of the game freezing or a power cut. After 3 hours of racing that would make me mad 🤬 , after 23 hrs I'd just loose my mind. :nervous:
 
Nope, you have to let it race for the whole 24 hours.

It was about 290 laps in my Minolta race car, with each lap at around 7 minutes. :dopey:
 
XVII
i have a codebreaker that gives me infinite fuel and always good tires...before i go to church im gonna set it on b-spec 3x and when i come back it will be almost done :)

Jeez what kind of church take 8 hours? Sorry I just thought that was funny since I'm at church and home in about an hour.

Anyway there is no way I'm going to do this race, its a waste of my time.
 
what about pit stops in b-spec?? won't your person screw up really bad if he has bad tires??
 
Well at least Nurb and La Sarthe are awesome courses. Imagine 24 hours on Super Speedway or something.
 
I promise you will hate both course if you have to drive them for 24 hours.
 
BlazinXtreme
I promise you will hate both course if you have to drive them for 24 hours.

That's a good point. I'm kinda 50/50 too when it comes to it. On one hand, it's quite a feat to sit there for 24 hours and race it. The big problem I have is I wouldn't want to sit there with a car and lap them over and over because that would just be boring and more or less "work", but then I wouldn't want to screw up at the last leg of the race and ruin the whole thing. I like a challenge, but those stakes are a little high for me. I say do the race until you lap the 2nd place car and then hand it over to b-spec. That's not saying I'd pick a car that will out power everone else, I'd rather stick with something that will really be a challenge. That way you can still feel good about winning the race without killing yourself even though it was mostly done in b-spec
 
discopotato
what about pit stops in b-spec?? won't your person screw up really bad if he has bad tires??

Before I went to sleep I watched the B-Spec race for me and well, I made a wrong tire choice this time and he missed the pit and well the stupid computer kept ramming the side of the gate because it was trying to enter the pit, and I had to un-press Pit Stop so it would do another lap then pit, and on that lap it spun out around 5 times. Super Hards are the way to go on the Nurburgring Endurance, you pit every 4 laps. 👍

I won the race 18 laps ahead of the 2nd place and almost 50 laps ahead of the the last place car. 👍

It was worth the credits and the F1 car. :)
 
I have done 2 of the 3 24h races B-spec. It took about 12-13h (3x when awake normal while sleeping) That seemed long enough. I like both the Ring and Sarthe but after a few laps I would get board.

However, If they made it so it got dark and maybe some weather effects I would have drove a few stints. Just imagine 240 down the Mulsanne at night, in the rain.
 
I say yes. Just for asking us this instead of deciding on your own, I feel you should suffer. OTOH, since you got the free time, you obviously are already suffering from a lack of romantic companionship, or a life. While you do that, I'll be B-speccing it and spending time with my wife as the AI does it's stuff.
 
I would B-spec it, well i am actually going to B-spec it, but i need a little help on what car i should use to win with little trouble on B-spec, So what is a good car to use ??? :sick: :dunce:
 
Southern_Dandy
I would B-spec it, well i am actually going to B-spec it, but i need a little help on what car i should use to win with little trouble on B-spec, So what is a good car to use ??? :sick: :dunce:

The compitition in the NUR 24h is not that high, You could get away with a touring car. like a CLK DTM for example. You can use a LeMans car and absoultly destroy the compitition. Basically any decent race car will win.
 
[hijack]
i just read that some of you said switch from a-spec to b-spec and back to a-spec during the race.

can it be done for all races ? and if so how do you do it ?

[/hijack]
 
Im gopnna do it a-spec and in one attempt ill start it on a day when i get back from work and have the day off and see just how long it can take me including toilet and food brakes.

Im hoping for under 25 hours to complete each 24hour race
 
This is a debate that will persist for a while. Is GT4 really a driving "game" or "Simulator". I like to look at it as an actual way to improve my driving reflexes and overall skills.
To answer the poll question, I will race it in A-Spec but with a total of 3 drivers. They've given us the opportunity to experience the tip of the intensity iceberg of 24hr races and for that I feel like all drivers out there should do it. Now if you're a gamer than go rice up a sentra R @ Need For Speed Underground and brag about how sick your new spinners look with your Costco Wing!!!
 
Southern_Dandy
I would B-spec it, well i am actually going to B-spec it, but i need a little help on what car i should use to win with little trouble on B-spec, So what is a good car to use ??? :sick: :dunce:

Any racing car is good, but the jaguar XJ220 that you get for 50% completion is a very good call, again you don't need to be much faster than the others considering there is 175 laps. 20 sec. a lap better than them and you'll win by a couple laps.

Put on super hards, and let her ride on steady....
 
I used my Minolta 88C-V, which I got from winning another Endurance. 👍

slo-car
[hijack]
i just read that some of you said switch from a-spec to b-spec and back to a-spec during the race.

can it be done for all races ? and if so how do you do it ?

[/hijack]


When you pit, you get to choose, tires, fuel and B-Spec/A-Spec. 👍
 
XVII
i have a codebreaker that gives me infinite fuel and always good tires...before i go to church im gonna set it on b-spec 3x and when i come back it will be almost done :)

So before you go to church you're gonna set up your cheat device?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is undoubtedly the most ironically funny thing I've heard today.👍
 
I'm going to do all three in A-spec. Therefore you must do also.

And I agree with Gil.
 
However, If they made it so it got dark and maybe some weather effects I would have drove a few stints. Just imagine 240 down the Mulsanne at night, in the rain.

not as fun as you think lol. lemans 24 game has well, 24hour enduros. you can save in the pits, and real time tire wear and fuel. takes about 40minutes to wear the tire down (cerrently doing a 10hour on mid ohio in the rain, right now its about 11pm or so
 
bmac420
Yeah I'd do it...... if I had an 8 ball of crack! Seriously though, if you have the time to sit there for an entire day then knock yourself out. I'm personally going to use the Gameshark for that freakin' disaster!


i frown on the fact that soemone would cheat when u can get teh race done in 8 hours on bspec...not worth it to cheat in my opinion
 
Even if I hate B-Spec, I won't have any choice here, 24 hours is too long for me. I'm very disappointed with the fact that you cannot save in the pits, this should be implemented in GT5. But do it in A-Spec if you can, that's what I'd do.
 
if you could save, id do them all in a-spec. if i did it for lm24h, why not gt4? ... granted, it was over a 4 or so day period doing 2-3hour stints until i was bored of putting another lap on 2nd.
 
Woah, didn't know my thread got approved. I made it and then never saw it appear, so I made this thread in the write-ups area (it later got moved).

Anyway, I ended up pussying out and only doing one lap. Was a good thing too as the CLK-GTR is a PITA to drive on that course. It doesn't have the suspension travel that it needs on such a bouncy track.

normal_IMG0037.JPG


👍
 
To everyone that thinks that b-spec'ing it is "cheating" or otherwise detracting from the realism... If the game doesn't at least get dark during the course of the race, then you need to re-evaluate your definition of "simulator"
 
Viper007Bond
Woah, didn't know my thread got approved. I made it and then never saw it appear, so I made this thread in the write-ups area (it later got moved).

Anyway, I ended up pussying out and only doing one lap. Was a good thing too as the CLK-GTR is a PITA to drive on that course. It doesn't have the suspension travel that it needs on such a bouncy track.

👍

You're kidding me!!! After all that you only did one lap??? :lol: That's funny stuff. Smart move though...

Nice white Formula car. Must get one of those... 👍
 
Back