Should I do 24hr 'Ring all in A-Spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viper007Bond
  • 79 comments
  • 5,639 views

Should I do 24hr 'Ring all in A-Spec?

  • Yeah! It'd be a cool and quite an accomplishment

    Votes: 141 50.7%
  • Nah, not worth it. Let the AI do some of the work

    Votes: 137 49.3%

  • Total voters
    278
If you want to do the 212 laps around the ring go ahead...I let the AI do it with the Mercedez CLK Race Car...1083 HP. I set the pace to 2 (Cruise) and so every 30 minutes only took ten minutes. I won by 9 laps over second place. I won the Formula car, and entered it in to the Gran Turismo Championship (PRO Hall) and won that. From there you enter the Formula Cahmpionship (X Hall) and let the AI do the rest. You will start sixth but do some adjustments on the car, and then you will be 1-2 seconds faster than the rest, and you will win.

Jaedon.
 
If I can use a car I actually enjoy driving, I'll probably do six hours myself, 18 b-spec. Most Le Mans entries have three drivers. 8 hours apiece. Since the game isn't remotely realistic (no day and night cycle for example) I have no problem with b-speccing the rest.
 
I plan to do the all of the races in GT4 on A-Spec including these. I mean, real race drivers do sort of go through these things.

Then again, they switch off.


But I'll be doing it to see how far I can go. Did it in LeMans 24 Hours 4 times, can do it here.
 
Jaedon
If you want to do the 212 laps around the ring go ahead...I let the AI do it with the Mercedez CLK Race Car...1083 HP. I set the pace to 2 (Cruise) and so every 30 minutes only took ten minutes. I won by 9 laps over second place. I won the Formula car, and entered it in to the Gran Turismo Championship (PRO Hall) and won that. From there you enter the Formula Cahmpionship (X Hall) and let the AI do the rest. You will start sixth but do some adjustments on the car, and then you will be 1-2 seconds faster than the rest, and you will win.

Jaedon.

I was wondering how you win the GT Championship race.... they should of toned the cars in that series down a bit don't you think?
 
McLaren F1GTR
I plan to do the all of the races in GT4 on A-Spec including these. I mean, real race drivers do sort of go through these things.

Except endurance races all have 3 drivers, not one. That was outlawed decades ago.
 
i'm gonna do it with my black R92CP. i'll probably do it tomorrow when im at class. let my b-spec buddy take care of it. i'll come home to my new F1 car :)
 
I'm going to A-spec all of my races. Iron manning all 3 24hr races myself should be fun and challenging. I love to drive, and I love endurance racing so I should feel right at home with these long races. I would like to have 1 or 2 more people to help out during the race but noone I know that lives near me can play GT4 worth a flip let alone drive a fast car on the Nurb. I refuse to touch Bspec mode in GT4, 28% completion, almost 14,000 aspec points, 70ish cars, 1.5 million credits, and 0 bspec points. Thats the way its gonna be for me. 100% X aspec points 0 bspec points.


IMO, there should have been a 12 hour save point in the races. At least give everyone the chance to get half way and call it a day. I don't think PD wanted to allow people to save in the pits when ever they wanted. IF they allowed it then someone could do 30 minutes, pit, then save, now turn off the PS2. Come back in 30 minutes, do another half hour stent, pit, save....repeat. What kind of endurance race would that be then??? Not an endurance race. Still a 12 hour save point would have been nice for most players.
 
I know my next door neighbour will do it, and probably in one stint too. As for me, I'm not taking mine out of the box until someone tells me there's still the option to qualify...
 
if you feel like the accomplishment is rewarding, then do it. otherwise the satisfaction of recieving the prize money and the F1 car won't cut it knowing you could've done it in half time and fraction of the effort in b-spec mode - i say it ain't worth it. but yamauchi would've voted yes ;)
 
He gets to 23 hours and 59 minutes, spins on the last corner, all the other cars zoom past him and he comes in 6th. Congrats.
 
would be cooler if all the drivers were human and not crap AI - then i would seriously consider it

* provided i could find 5 other people willing to do this
 
Viper007Bond
So I've been debating on doing the entire 24 hours of the 'Ring in A-Spec mode.

Do you guys think I'm just wasting my time or do you think it'd be fun? I kinda look at B-Spec mode as cheating, but on the other hand, 24 hours of racing over a couple days? That's quite a bit...

Since I couldn't decide, I thought I'd make a thread.


Wow, that would be insane! Are you sure you'd be able to manage it? I think it gets boring after an hour and don't you need any sleep?

But for all that good luck. I hope you'll report how it was going.

Greetings
Chris
 
I'm with 3rdGenRacerX...in that I'll be doing all the 24hr. enduros in A-Spec mode...because I love enduros & love driving any kind of fast car...I'm just wanting to know what type of competition I'll face?...Only because I really don't feel like taking the Toyota Minolta 88CV & lapping the entire field within a few laps! :-)

NOTE: Guess I could just enter the race & see what other cars are being used...but then to exit the race adds an extra 'day' to the overall game...:-(
 
code_kev
He gets to 23 hours and 59 minutes, spins on the last corner, all the other cars zoom past him and he comes in 6th. Congrats.

haha, i'd probably throw my PS2 out the window if that happend to me
 
I'm planning on doing it over 6-7 days in 3-4 hr stints, pausing in between and letting the PS2 run. I've been running the PS2 for days at a time to be sure it will hold up, no problems so far with overheating, memory loss, power outages, etc.
We'll see once I get that far into the game.

If you feel you can manage it, then good for you 👍
 
This is probably the only track that i'd consider doing in all A-spec. It's got enough turns to keep you from getting bored.
 
String King
I know my next door neighbour will do it, and probably in one stint too. As for me, I'm not taking mine out of the box until someone tells me there's still the option to qualify...

If there was a good number of cars I'd see the big deal, but with six cars, what's the point?
 
I'd do it if I had the time, it can't hurt to know that course better.
 
that would be terrible. two hour races are reeeeeeeeeeediculous as it is :nervous:
 
Back