Should I get a PC to play AC

• Thread starter jaynnc
  • 61 comments
I don't know what you mean by "15-18 seconds to be on the track". It hardly takes that long to begin with. i have my game on an SSD though.

Really? On mine the intro/loading screen takes at least 30 seconds alone, then add in time for scrolling (and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling) through the menus, selecting your options, etc. With CM I can be in a car on a track before the vanilla launcher even finishes with the initial loading screen. That alone makes CM worth it to me, all the other cool stuff it can do is icing on the cake.

And no, there's no keylogger in there, that's just someone's overzealous AV software throwing up a false positive.

Really? On mine the intro/loading screen takes at least 30 seconds alone, then add in time for scrolling (and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling) through the menus, selecting your options, etc. With CM I can be in a car on a track before the vanilla launcher even finishes with the initial loading screen
See, I was under the impression CM was a custom UI for AC. I paid the guy €15 (hope that’s enough) and downloaded it. To my surprise it’s not a mere UI but a launcher! I was talking about 15s from hitting Start Engine to being on the track in game but this thing is a different beast entirely. Love it!

See, I was under the impression CM was a custom UI for AC. I paid the guy €15 (hope that’s enough) and downloaded it. To my surprise it’s not a mere UI but a launcher! I was talking about 15s from hitting Start Engine to being on the track in game but this thing is a different beast entirely. Love it!

It's pretty amazing, it's the way the game should be out of the box. It's amazing how much one dude has improved the experience for this game so much, he's a freaking wizard. I only know a fraction of what it can do and don't even come close to getting the most out of it but I still love it and preach its greatness.

f7FdEdG.jpg

What can CM do for ReShade. I tried everything at Racedepartment, but it only works in the showroom. When that was asked over at RD, the help offered was no help at all.

Sorry for OT. But ReShade is a reason to get AC on PC. When working and set right, AC can look real.

Definitely late to the party but since I'm going to buy a new laptop I'm wondering if there's one that allows me to run Assetto Corsa on solid 60fps in traffic? Budget 600-1000 €.

I don’t know what looks weird to you, why don’t you try it and let us know what you think?;)
I like it.
If it removed all shadows then I definitely wouldn't get on with it - shadows help to ground objects and place them in 3D space. I don't even like it when cockpit shadows are toned down as they add a lot to the immersion in VR. I haven't ever had an issue with flickering shadows in AC so I don't think I'll bother trying this I case it breaks something..!
:)

Definitely late to the party but since I'm going to buy a new laptop I'm wondering if there's one that allows me to run Assetto Corsa on solid 60fps in traffic? Budget 600-1000 €.
Yes. I would definitely lean more to the 1000 € system because you don't want to buy a system that can run the software of today just fine, but crap out when the next generation comes out. I always recommend that people spend as much as you can afford -- just spend it wisely. If you're looking at a specific system, or a specific computer setup, feel free to post the specs in this thread and someone will be able to better advise you.

If it removed all shadows then I definitely wouldn't get on with it - shadows help to ground objects and place them in 3D space. I don't even like it when cockpit shadows are toned down as they add a lot to the immersion in VR. I haven't ever had an issue with flickering shadows in AC so I don't think I'll bother trying this I case it breaks something..!
:)
Their is only one way to find out and it is not going to break anything.:)

I had the reshade for a little while but didn't really mess with it until now. The guy says he turns ppfilter off, so I did too.

Wow, ppfilter eats my FPS alive. I've screwed around with reshade and my TV backlight/settings and have a pretty good balance.

I think I like the ppfilter better, but the 70 FPS with a larger field makes for an enjoyable race.

Yes. I would definitely lean more to the 1000 € system because you don't want to buy a system that can run the software of today just fine, but crap out when the next generation comes out. I always recommend that people spend as much as you can afford -- just spend it wisely. If you're looking at a specific system, or a specific computer setup, feel free to post the specs in this thread and someone will be able to better advise you.
Thanks for reply, I need something with an SSD 256 gb at least, and a fast enough combination of CPU GPU that give me stable high frame rate on high settings in current racing sims, the main focus will be Assetto Corsa. Possibly a CPU with an high base clock speed since I'll want to use it with FL Studio as well. I think an i7 with a GTX 1050 is the best I can buy for the money?

I haven't been following prices in a long time...so I don't know what's a good deal or not. I would definitely have an SSD system drive, no doubt.

i7 with a GTX 1050 is the best I can buy for the money?

I wouldn't, that's a rather low powered card. I'd balance the budget away from the CPU a little and towards the GPU a bit more.

If not, perhaps a second hand GTX970? It'd be about the same price and much, much more powerful.

Question about the drive hub, do you get full compatibility using withe the ps4? Nothing missing in the feedback etc? Only I bought a t500rs, which is pretty clunky, over the t300 due to hearing too many horror stories. Wasn't interested in the csl elite either. Yours sounds interesting however

@mattvieri, bit of a late reply, but yes you do get full compatibily using the drivehub on your ps4 for the supported models. I use a G25 and it is a G29 on the ps4. Really beautiful solution.

Thanks for reply, I need something with an SSD 256 gb at least, and a fast enough combination of CPU GPU that give me stable high frame rate on high settings in current racing sims, the main focus will be Assetto Corsa. Possibly a CPU with an high base clock speed since I'll want to use it with FL Studio as well. I think an i7 with a GTX 1050 is the best I can buy for the money?

I would def go for a 500 or 1000 Gb SSD, unless plain-vanilla AC is your only game and you don't plan on adding more than a couple dozen new cars and tracks. I would also go for a similar-sized secondary (or external) back-up drive, altho it doesn't have to be a SSD. Not sure how much space your FL tunes are going to take up, but if you plan any video editing, multiply your drive volumes at least 4X.

I would def go for a 500 or 1000 Gb SSD, unless plain-vanilla AC is your only game and you don't plan on adding more than a couple dozen new cars and tracks. I would also go for a similar-sized secondary (or external) back-up drive, altho it doesn't have to be a SSD. Not sure how much space your FL tunes are going to take up, but if you plan any video editing, multiply your drive volumes at least 4X.
Quite some thread diggin in here! ;-) I ended up buying an Acer Nitro 5 in 2018 with the specs mentioned in my old post, yes I'm definitely considering an SSD upgrade now in 2021 but I think this pc is still good enough for what I want to do. I've installed Assetto Corsa (and all other Steam games) on a 1Tb Hard Disk and I kept SSD for Win10 Os and music production, it was essential to optimize audio latency. With gaming I was aware about sporadic micro freezes (stuttering frame rate) without an SSD installation, but I solved using Smart Game Booster 5 which close all that unnecessary Win10 stuff that just slow pc down while gaming.
I can run Assetto 20 cars 60 fps usually I run RSS GT1 mod, some vanilla GT3 and some mods I find here and there.. I'm more of an offline user and a skins collector..
I basically bookmarked half Race Department content LOL. My assetto corsa installation is now 84 gb, and my "mods and skins to try" folder is 39 gb. I plan to increase them.
I'm not into online racing these days so I have no online performances to report. For backup I have a mega.nz account and an external Maxtor 2Tb.

Last edited:
Agree with most on here.

AC on the computer is so much better along with other sim racers like project cars and automoblista 2. Even without mods, they are far better graphically on the computer. With AC though adding mods is really easy with content manager. There are several good videos out there that give good advice on how to use all these extra features. I just tweaked mine this evening to get better graphics. Looks pretty good, and with the sounds and phyics need to spend more time with AC.

Go for it.....

I still have my PS4, however barely even use it any more - maybe once a month for very short sessions.

What a thread. Good inspiration for everybody.

I still have my PS4, however barely even use it any more - maybe once a month for very short sessions.
Same here, my XSX is very sad recently. But I don't have any use for it :D PC + sims = best combo.

What a thread. Good inspiration for everybody.

Same here, my XSX is very sad recently. But I don't have any use for it :D PC + sims = best combo.

XSX is for everything else and glorious back compatibility :)

Last edited:
Damn... I haven’t got a PS5 yet, but I have a ps4 pro and I love AC, and ACC. I had $700 saved up for my PS5, but this AC thread really has me thinking I should use that money to buy a cpu. I could even spend another 300 which comes out to be 1k. I hate to be that guy but can anybody point me in the direction in which what I need to Run AC with a high frame rate and high graphic output.. AC on the PS4 isn’t the best graphically but it doesn’t bother me one bit the driving physics and sound are amazing...

Damn... I haven’t got a PS5 yet, but I have a ps4 pro and I love AC, and ACC. I had $700 saved up for my PS5, but this AC thread really has me thinking I should use that money to buy a cpu. I could even spend another 300 which comes out to be 1k. I hate to be that guy but can anybody point me in the direction in which what I need to Run AC with a high frame rate and high graphic output.. AC on the PS4 isn’t the best graphically but it doesn’t bother me one bit the driving physics and sound are amazing...

You don't need to spend a lot. I bought my PC second hand last year for £500, the specs are in my signature. It runs AC @ 129fps @ 1080P.

In the case anyone decide to go the laptop route, I suggest you to buy a laptop cooler as well. Assetto Corsa can rise your CPU GPU temperature very high if you want lots of cars on track and high details , mine reached 82° .. I was like, ok time to cool it down before having a barbeque.

Back