Should I get Gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZondaRracer
  • 28 comments
  • 1,505 views
Messages
88
Messages
jayquan23
I have heard from alot of people on these forums that gt5 is the best racing simulator ever made. But I've also heard that it's not worth buying what do you guys think I should do.
 
Up to you really. Try it out somewhere. If you like it, get it.
 
Everyones tastes are different but I can't for the life of me see how it is not worth buying if you have any interest at all in cars.
 
No, a game is meant to be fun and this one is really boring, career mode really sucks. Simulator.. no.
 
I have heard from alot of people on these forums that gt5 is the best racing simulator ever made. But I've also heard that it's not worth buying what do you guys think I should do.
I don't believe GT5 falls into either of those two categories. It's certainly not the best racing simulator ever made, but it is worth buying.
Even with it's loads of faults, I think GT5 is the best driving game on the platform.

My opinion is based on already having a driving wheel. If I didn't have it, my enjoyment of the game would be extremely low.
 
depends on what you are looking for, if you are looking for good game, forget
about it, but if you are looking for a driving simulator, go get it.
 
If you already have a ps3, Buy the GT5 public paying beta (also known as GT5) If not, wait for PS4 gt6 because this game don't deliver that much, and is far away from simulator like rfactor on PC for example (the major difference being the breaking feeling)
 
Nah, I'd probably get Forza 3 to be honest. The drifting is better and it's easier to use with a controller.
 
Buy it, then post me your copy and I'll decide whether you will like it or not :D
 
Yes, yes and yes.

Sure it has its issues, but its still pretty darn good. It must be as hasnt been out my PS3 since launch, and its stopping me from playing FIFA 11, Fallout New Vegas, and about 10 more games i bought whilst waiting for GT5 to come out.

AA
 
Last edited:
If you like racing and have a PS3 then by all means get it.

As to the comment about career mode being boring it is only as boring as you make it. If you take the fastest car you can find and put soft race tires on it you should win with ease and to some people that is boring. I guess they just don't understand how to play. If you want a challenge use a weaker car, use lesser tires.

No matter what you will find a challenge in some races as some of them use those really fast cars as well but many of the races are in road cars on road tires. When you use a race car and race tires against them it can be boring.

Then of course there is the online racing. Nothing boring about that.
 
If you have a ps3 and $60 is not a big problem, it is no doubt that people should get one. GT5 obviously is not a perfect game but it sure does worth $60 and provide hours and hours of entertainment. Although people are full of complains with this game, I am sure that they are still going to keep playing and complaining.

Some or many systems in the game were consider fail. They are not very user friendly, but the driving experience and the graphics already worth $60.
 
Although people are full of complains with this game, I am sure that they are still going to keep playing and complaining.


👍👍👍


I see dozens of the same people who keeps complaining from one topic to the next over serveral weeks. Well apparently it wasn't so bad that you threw away the game and bought something else. They keep playing.
 
If you're a die hard fan of the series, yes. I'll assume you aren't since you don't have GT5. Otherwise I'd consider waiting till they release more improvements for the game.
 
👍👍👍


I see dozens of the same people who keeps complaining from one topic to the next over serveral weeks. Well apparently it wasn't so bad that you threw away the game and bought something else. They keep playing.

And they already own the game... doesn't mean they weren't disappointed in it or that they'd recommend people invest in it.
 
C'mon man!

What's another $60 bucks when you have a ps3 already!
 
If you really asking this kind of question on GT forum, then don't bother buying the GT game....
 
And they already own the game... doesn't mean they weren't disappointed in it or that they'd recommend people invest in it.



I'm just saying that if they hate so many things about it then why keep posting about it? I mean just stop playing and play something else. Just because you own it doesn't mean you have to play just because it's there. If you don't like it, don't play it and then complain online about it.

Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.
 
Yea I think I'm going to pick it up. I love cars and tuning them an things like that so I think I will get it. Thanks guys
 
I'm just saying that if they hate so many things about it then why keep posting about it? I mean just stop playing and play something else. Just because you own it doesn't mean you have to play just because it's there. If you don't like it, don't play it and then complain online about it.

Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

While I'll agree that there are a fair share of overly whiny people, there are also some long time fans of the series that aren't satisfied and really expected more. That doesn't mean that we're just going to throw our money away.

I've been playing the hell out of it since release, my money is already spent and at this point I'm striving for completion. I've also not recommended it to anyone yet as I'm very disappointed and find some aspects of the game utter flops.
 
Ya I own all 5 of the series. And I agree there are a few things that are not up to my liking, but I'm sure that with all the uproar about certain things that PD will do what is necessary to get it fixed with some patches. Or lets hope so anyways.
 
You better not get it, Im always complaining about what feels like an unfinished game but cant seem to take it out of the PS3 and Im starting to get in trouble with my wife... when I stop earing her telling me to turn it down then Ill be in trouble :D
 
If you are a person who enjoys good games: Get it.
If you are a car enthusiast: Get it.
If you only look for negative stuff and get upset by the smallest flaws: Don't get it.
 
Buy it, it's worth the $60 or so dollars.
 
👍

Yes, If your hobby is nitpicking do not get (most video games) GT5 :)
 
You won't have to look or nitpick for the shortcomings in this game, they are glaringly obvious to most any player of previous GTs.

Having said that, I do not mean the game is not worth playing, but it may be not worth buying, particularly if you are expecting an improved continuation of the same structure depth, and features.

You may want to rent it and see how you like it first.
 
Back