Should I ?

• Thread starter ImMano99
  • 45 comments
I'm not. It was a general 'you'. But I see what you mean now as they could have picked a bad one. I still think its incredibly shallow of the OP to pay for a game with 100's of cars and tracks in it but disregard the whole thing based on one of each.
I see. You quoted me so I thought you meant me, lol. I knew the game was inconsisten before I bought so I tried different cars and combos so I could sort them in order. Pcars2 definitely has it's great moments.

I found PC2 way too arcade from the first race. I want a real sim, not an arcade. I enjoy GT sport but it's not realistic enough.
Either there is an issue with language or you are new to racing games.

If you have SPECIFIC reasons to dislike PC2, we'd love to hear them. Rest assured, however, that any list of "reasons not to like PC2" will most definitely never contain the words "way too arcade".

Even those who have made their hate for PC2 loudly known, do not dare to say such a thing. They may list 20 or more reasons they don't like it, but being "way too arcade" is most certainly not one.

But, since you have said just that, and since you called the purchase of PC2 a " waste of money" in your original post, we are curious to hear exactly what makes this game way too arcade for you?

Disregard this post if you meant to say GTS (then it would be entirely accurate) but wrote PC2 by mistake.

Like I said, I didn't mean to offend PC2 users. and I also understand some will hate GT Sport and LOVE PC2.
That said, it's just not my game. I have been lucky to drive sports cars and race cars, and even if it's far, GT Sport is way closer to one of those than PC2. PC2 is a game, GT Sport is the start of a Sim.

Like I said, I didn't mean to offend PC2 users. and I also understand some will hate GT Sport and LOVE PC2.
That said, it's just not my game. I have been lucky to drive sports cars and race cars, and even if it's far, GT Sport is way closer to one of those than PC2. PC2 is a game, GT Sport is the start of a Sim.
You incorrectly assume that you have offended those who love PC2. We did not develop the game so we don’t really care if you like it or not.

The main point that you try to make is ludicrous. That is not my emotional response. That is a factual response. I find it hard to believe that you have driven race cars because if you have, you could not make the statement that you make, which is that GTS is more sim than PC2.

Is it possible that the game is just too hard for you to play?

It would be helpful to your argument to list the specific aspects of racing where GTS is more sim than PC2.

And, as you have already been asked but have not answered, please tell us the specific facts which support your statement that PC2 is an arcade game.

You see, my friend, just saying a thing does not make it true.

Damn, I don't get it.
I say I don't like the game just cos I don't feel it and I get a torpedo telling me I'm wrong.

If I don't play Battlefield, I play COD!
Both games are very different and PC2 isn't my thing that's all.

Yes I have driven luckily many cars. But I highly doubt you have yourself...
Now for goodness sake, OK YOU LOVE PC2 ? Good on ya! But I don't and respect that since I never went at you for liking PC2.

PS : It's my opinion, not yours, I take it, but if you want people to respect yours, please respect people's opinions then.

I'm trying to figure out the "arcade" aspect of PC2 compared to GT Sport. I'd say most folks tend to have issues with PC2, but arcade is never mentioned as a reason to dislike it.

I've played both, and all of the GT series so far, so I'm really curious for specifics as well.

To me, saying you dislike PC2 because it's too arcadey compared with GTS, is like saying you dislike a hamburger because a Garden Burger tastes more like meat.

Edit - I respect that you don't like PC2. I really do (and I can't speak for other posters), but I think the arcade comparison throws people for a loop. I play both and get a different experience with each.

Sorry if Arcade was a bit of a sharp word. Of course I'm not talking abt an NFS type game (However PC3 seems to be going that direction, but that's another debate)

This initial post was anyway to know whether to get ACC. Just few hours to wait and we will get the first feedback ! :)

Sorry if Arcade was a bit of a sharp word. Of course I'm not talking abt an NFS type game (However PC3 seems to be going that direction, but that's another debate)

This initial post was anyway to know whether to get ACC. Just few hours to wait and we will get the first feedback ! :)

I preordered ACC for Xbox 1 (I have an S) back when it was first offered for preorder on console, then the press conference last week was just odd. But since then, the videos by players who received the game early has given me more confidence.

Damn, I don't get it.
I say I don't like the game just cos I don't feel it and I get a torpedo telling me I'm wrong.

If I don't play Battlefield, I play COD!
Both games are very different and PC2 isn't my thing that's all.

Yes I have driven luckily many cars. But I highly doubt you have yourself...
Now for goodness sake, OK YOU LOVE PC2 ? Good on ya! But I don't and respect that since I never went at you for liking PC2.

PS : It's my opinion, not yours, I take it, but if you want people to respect yours, please respect people's opinions then.
Your reply is both comical and expected.

You made the original statement. You started this. When the community asked you to support what you said, you do what most petulant children do: you get defensive and you have no facts to support your original statement.

This is typical and I see it all the time. Don't make statements if you don't want anybody to ask you to support them.

The word that comes to mind is "troll". I don't know you so I can't definitively say that is what you are. What I do know is that you still have not delineated the reasons you believe the game is arcade, in fact even more arcade than GTS, according to you.

Let's see if you reply to this defensively or if you reply to this maturely and finally give us your specific reasons for calling it arcade.

Your reply is both comical and expected.

You made the original statement. You started this. When the community asked you to support what you said, you do what most petulant children do: you get defensive and you have no facts to support your original statement.

This is typical and I see it all the time. Don't make statements if you don't want anybody to ask you to support them.

The word that comes to mind is "troll". I don't know you so I can't definitively say that is what you are. What I do know is that you still have not delineated the reasons you believe the game is arcade, in fact even more arcade than GTS, according to you.

Let's see if you reply to this defensively or if you reply to this maturely and finally give us your specific reasons for calling it arcade.

Like I said the word Arcade was a bit sharp. I am sorry English is not my native language and if you have a word between arcade and sim I'd be well interested in knowing it LOL.

1. Graphics : I find graphics just not realistic, colors are not great and everything else is just not like a proper sim.
2. Driving : The car drives strangely IMO. I wouldn't be able to explain properly tbh but I just don't feel it when I drive it.

Pros compared to GT Sport because there's a good side to every game, the tyre wear is better but that's abt it.

And may I add, this comment was made on ACC forum, I think trying to make me change my mind abt PC2 isn't the right place. Meet me up on PC2 forum but otherwise, let's get back on the subject.

ACC that's all I want.

And may I add, this comment was made on ACC forum, I think trying to make me change my mind abt PC2 isn't the right place. Meet me up on PC2 forum but otherwise, let's get back on the subject.
C that's all I want.

First, I want to apologize for pressing you. My wife does not like when I do that but it is a big part of what I do for a living and I always draw distinctions between opinions and facts. I'm sorry for that.

I did not start this conversation though. I did not drag you into the AC forum. You made the statement in the AC forum which is why we are replying to it in this forum.

I guess it would have been enough if you just made a simple statement that you don't prefer PC2. In fairness, it is not a game that can be called arcade, so you can understand why we are curious for specific reasons why you would think that.

Everybody should have a racing game they prefer, no matter what it is. And, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what another person thinks of our favorite game.Although PC2 is my favorite racing game, I find several things about it I wish I could change. So, I am not blindly a fanboy.

Now, let me say that I respect you very much for expressing yourself in a forum in English when it is not your native language. Without translation help, I would not be able to do that on a forum that is a different language from English so I respect you for that.

First, I want to apologize for pressing you. My wife does not like when I do that but it is a big part of what I do for a living and I always draw distinctions between opinions and facts. I'm sorry for that.

I did not start this conversation though. I did not drag you into the AC forum. You made the statement in the AC forum which is why we are replying to it in this forum.

I guess it would have been enough if you just made a simple statement that you don't prefer PC2. In fairness, it is not a game that can be called arcade, so you can understand why we are curious for specific reasons why you would think that.

Everybody should have a racing game they prefer, no matter what it is. And, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what another person thinks of our favorite game.Although PC2 is my favorite racing game, I find several things about it I wish I could change. So, I am not blindly a fanboy.

Now, let me say that I respect you very much for expressing yourself in a forum in English when it is not your native language. Without translation help, I would not be able to do that on a forum that is a different language from English so I respect you for that.
I get it, sorry I did not express myself properly. It's not always easy. Thank God I've been working a lot in England and can therefore speak English but sometimes there are some words I just can't get around haha

Fellow ACC drivers, I have a simple question.

Currently playing GT Sport but this game lacks of realism quite frequently. Got myself PC2... and deleted it before I finished a single race, nice little waste of money.

ACC is coming up on PS4, should I?
What are the pros and the cons?
I'm looking for some realistic gameplay, I've watched loads on youtube but when you watch someone play it, it's different than when you play for any type of games.

I said I would get back to you once I tried the game. I have edited my original post to reflect my new opinion.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Especially if you have a T300 wheel. I so far have nothing nice to say about this game and seriously thinking of taking it back for a refund. This has to be the worst game I have ever bought as a day one release :-(

I said I would get back to you once I tried the game. I have edited my original post to reflect my new opinion.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Especially if you have a T300 wheel. I so far have nothing nice to say about this game and seriously thinking of taking it back for a refund. This has to be the worst game I have ever bought as a day one release :-(
I have a G29 but yes I have seen only negative feedback...

Back