• 393 comments

Opel as a new Premium Manufacturer?

• Yes

Votes: 178 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They need to renew the license for each game apparantly, so also for the cars they used in previous games.

They need to renew the license for each game apparantly, so also for the cars they used in previous games.

You are right, this would explain the left outs from gt3. And it matches what an Opel spokesman told me. He said it mainly was a lack of interest towards the games and developers from Opels PR division, that has led to no further involvement. This policy however must have changed by now.

No, Vauxhall should.
lol, so you voted 'No'?
...ok, well...
I changed the OP regarding this, and put it on top.

Last edited:
Another idea, Concept Cars though personally I'd rather wait till there is a normal Road Version

Insignia opc concept (Coupe! They could call it Manta C!)
opel-insignia-opc-concept.jpg

sorry for random post

I used to look forward to driving the late 80's Vauxhall Cavaliers in the company car pool. They were much more fun than the ford equivalent sierra.

Also the latest Insignia is a surprisingly good looking car so would like to see that in.

Also a Calibra? Not sure if there was an equivalent Opel

How can you reply 'no' to any brand being added to the NCD? IMO, all brands should be there!

As for Opel/Vauxhall: I'd like to see the current and last gen Astra OPC/VXR as well as the Corsa OPC/VXR/NE. Having owned a (modded) Corsa OPC myself, I'd like to see how it compares to real life. :)

^^ Oh sweet GT it looks like it needed some love first of. Get off GTP and go buy yourself some surfacer and a welder and take care of this baby :)

Flaco13
^^ Oh sweet GT it looks like it needed some love first of. Get off GTP and go buy yourself some surfacer and a welder and take care of this baby :)

That's true the poor girl needs some delecate attention.

Yeah, non-existent imaginary Vauxhall DTM cars wasn't their finest hour but if I have to nominate one classic Opel the most obvious candidate would be the GT (and not because of its name), even though personally I'd love a V8-engined Diplomat, a Commodore GS/E or even the first-generation Manta.

OpelGT.jpg

There's so much wrong with this picture though.....

Corvette Stingray much? :P

Got welder, bad at bodywork. Also have Opel GT body in basement thats in better shape but it's a 71, if I had the money I'd be fixing my 68 Camaro, at least I haven't done this to it

or this

but would like to do this to one not the 69

No, I've never seen one before, so I don't have much interest.. They obviously aren't that big elsewhere in the world.

I said yes, but I'd rather have Vauxhall. Because Monaro.

Yeah its a shame they didn't sell the Monaro as Opels, and outside UK. But PD would just have to avoid rebadging Vauxhall/Opel blindly, like they did with the DTM Astra and Calibra, never existed as Vauxhalls. Same goes for the classics, they were totally different up until 82 or 83, i think.

So rebadge those that are similar, and leave a unique Vauxhall as such and a unique Opel as such. Its not that hard.

I understand since this is an english speaking site, to most of you the Vauxhall brand is the more common, but the rest of europe knows them as Opel and that a larger population, thats why I would like both Brands.

In Forza I am good with the Vauxhalls, especially Monaro and Insignia, would've rather had them as Opel aswell though.

No no no no Opel would rather have some more Golfs!

What you don't seem to understand is that if you was a true Golf man you'd love more Opel in the game!(no offence) It's the main rival! I don't like any VW but I would appreciate the MkII and MkIII Golf or older Scirocco, if the come with equivalent Opel and Fords... Because its fun to race your biggest rival, isn't it???

Last edited:
Yeah its a shame they didn't sell the Monaro as Opels, and outside UK. But PD would just have to avoid rebadging Vauxhall/Opel blindly, like they did with the DTM Astra and Calibra, never existed as Vauxhalls. Same goes for the classics, they were totally different up until 82 or 83, i think.

So rebadge those that are similar, and leave a unique Vauxhall as such and a unique Opel as such. Its not that hard.

I understand since this is an english speaking site, to most of you the Vauxhall brand is the more common, but the rest of europe knows them as Opel and that a larger population, thats why I would like both Brands.

In Forza I am good with the Vauxhalls, especially Monaro and Insignia, would've rather had them as Opel aswell though.

Why not the Aussie Holden Monaro been around since the 70s at least

Why not the Aussie Holden Monaro been around since the 70s at least

I have no idea why they didn't do it, maybe because of the RHD/LHD thing? Yet GM did it with the Pontiac GTO. Idk, wrong policy has ever been a problem at GM's. Can you post some classic Monaro pics, man? would be cool.

No, I've never seen one before, so I don't have much interest.. They obviously aren't that big elsewhere in the world.

Thats a big problem the Brand faces, GM rather rebadges them as Buick in the US and in other important markets like Russia and China, GM won't let them sell because they rather boost Chevy/Daewoo popularity there. I know for certain, in those countrys they love opel! And that chevy and opel could easily coexist is shown by VAG, with seat,skoda,vw and what not all based on the same platform aswell. Its just that GM seems to sleep sometimes

Never posted pics before but see if this works

14-hq_monaro3.jpg

and

holden_hz_monaro.jpg
There are no rebadged opels of these, unfortunately. Not sure about vauxhall, some uk man could tell... but those are awesome! They came stock as V8's?
oh wait, the doors of the red one look like from an Ascona, quite familiar :)

737_opel_ascona_sr_orange_black_1975.jpg

Last edited:
Flaco13
Thats a big problem the Brand faces, GM rather rebadges them as Buick in the US and in other important markets like Russia and China, GM won't let them sell because they rather boost Chevy/Daewoo popularity there. I know for certain, in those countrys they love opel! And that chevy and opel could easily coexist is shown by VAG, with seat,skoda,vw and what not all based on the same platform aswell. Its just that GM seems to sleep sometimes

There are no rebadged opels of these, unfortunately. Not sure about vauxhall, some uk man could tell... but those are awesome! They came stock as V8's?
oh wait, the doors of the red one look like from an Ascona, quite familiar :)

There were two models the v6 kings wood with 4 doors and the 2 door v8 monaros would have been good to have rebadged versions rather than just the modern ones.

Edit sorry kings woods are straight six not v but the monaros were v8

There were two models the v6 kings wood with 4 doors and the 2 door v8 monaros would have been good to have rebadged versions rather than just the modern ones.

Edit sorry kings woods are straight six not v but the monaros were v8

man pd needs more Holdens too. Even forza, I don't get why there is the ford xb but not an equivalent holden. I don't know much about aussie muscle, so this would be a great oportunity to get to know them

didn't you have the Commodore?
galerieOpel-Commodore-A-GS-2FE-Coup-E8-T4J9.jpg

Opel_Commodore_B_GS_1972-1977_frontleft_2008-08-17_U.jpg

Not that one but yeah Aussies had and still have the commodore the ve being the latest the hsv in forza is based off the commodore model.

Long time Opel tuner 'Bitter' tok the HSV, made it LHD and sells it as Bitter Vero, in Germany (It might cost 2HSV's though)
bitter-vero-2.jpg

I think he sells not more than 500 pieces a year, I have never seen one one the road, but if I had the spare change, I'd get my hands on it even tho the front isn't very pretty

Flaco13
Long time Opel tuner 'Bitter' tok the HSV, made it LHD and sells it as Bitter Vero, in Germany (It might cost 2HSV's though)
I think he sells not more than 500 pieces a year, I have never seen one one the road, but if I had the spare change, I'd get my hands on it even tho the front isn't very pretty

Wow interesting

Well I do know alot of quality manufacturers get over looked and its those unknown cars like some of the opels and others that get me interested.

Back