• Yes

Votes: 178 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1575634700b.jpg

:sly:

Well in gt5 I'd take either one, but I'm afraid that the Buick comes with an aged 3.8 V6 that has a horrible fuel consumption and given suspension might be rediculously soft. No hate however, but I'd prefer an opc/vxr

Flaco13
Well in gt5 I'd take either one, but I'm afraid that the Buick comes with an aged 3.8 V6 that has a horrible fuel consumption and given suspension might be rediculously soft. No hate however, but I'd prefer an opc/vxr

Visually looks like the front grille is different.

Well in gt5 I'd take either one, but I'm afraid that the Buick comes with an aged 3.8 V6 that has a horrible fuel consumption and given suspension might be rediculously soft.

1. 3800SC is epic
2. To the best of my knowledge, they don't use it anymore anyway

Visually looks like the front grille is different.

i think this particular picture was fotoshopped, the Buick does use some different parts. The main difference will probably be of mechanical nature. Although I'm not sure. If the GS uses the same motor and suspension as opc, however, that would be a beast on american pass-roads! If I get the chance to visit the US I'd choose this as a rental-car, if that is possible.

A CTS-V would do aswell. :)

1. 3800SC is epic
2. To the best of my knowledge, they don't use it anymore anyway

by epic you mean in a good or a bad way?

No, I've never seen one before, so I don't have much interest.. They obviously aren't that big elsewhere in the world.

They aren't big you say?

1. Fans and Tuning

http://www.opeltreffen-oschersleben.de/

68.000 visitors (it is for Opel only, no Chevys Lacs or any other GM subbrand)

in comparision:

http://www.woertherseetreffen.at/

180.000 visitors BUT (it includes the whole VAG family Audi,VW,Seat,Skoda...)

2. sales (I'll take german statistics here)

'11 '10 Manuf. '11 '10 change in %

1 1 VW 686 772 613 808 11,9
2 3 BMW, Mini 297 439 266 729 11,5
3 2 Mercedes 285 651 281 240 1,6
4 4 Opel 254 605 233 498 9,0
5 5 Audi 250 708 226 872 10,5
6 6 Ford 230 939 198 156 16,5
7 7 Renault, 160 366 153 555 4,4
8 8 Skoda 142 611 132 150 7,9
9 12 Hyundai 86 866 74 287 16,9
10 10 Toyota, Lexus 83 204 78 708 5,7

source: http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/kfz/pkw_neuzulassungen_hersteller_2011.html

check the link for a better view to the board, site is in german
Note: German consumers in general are pretty biased on Brand images, much more than in other countrys.

But it clearly shows that Opel, although it's far from beeing the biggest global player, it is neither any close to beeing 'small'.

Long time Opel tuner 'Bitter' tok the HSV, made it LHD and sells it as Bitter Vero, in Germany (It might cost 2HSV's though)
bitter-vero-2.jpg

I think he sells not more than 500 pieces a year, I have never seen one one the road, but if I had the spare change, I'd get my hands on it even tho the front isn't very pretty

To be clear, Bitter isn't a tuner but an exclusive manufacturer using Opel parts, at least that used to be the case, now they seem to only alter existing RWD Aussie GM cars since there aren't any RWD Opels anymore.

Some examples of classic Bitter cars using top of the range (Diplomat/Senator) Opel mechanicals.

modelpicture.php

og06bitsc84.jpg

Although they recently returned to Opel again with a 4wd Insignia version, again only altering an existing model.

modelle-1_bitter_insignia_limousine.jpg

I know for fact that Erich Bitter is very well comfortable with beeing called "tuner". That is what his company did with Models like Blazer and GT Rally and now the Insignia. Their primary goal is or was to create cars using parts from other Manufacturers, and are therefore a manufacturer, that is correct.

Man those CD's and SC's were one of a kind :bowdown: to E.B.

If Vauxhall was added then hopefully the BTCC Astra and Vectra touring cars could be added. A Vectra TC was in GT2 I believe as an RM

Yeah, except for Volvo every car from 1998 season was in GT2 (normal with Racing modification)
I dream about this for ages ( these cars in premium would look awesome)

Since you're including Vauxhall, a droop snoot Firenza and a chevette HSR please.

I'd like to see more opel/vaux cars but then i don't suppose they sell that many in Japan, so can't see them being introduced anytime soon to the series.

I think that PD could spend their time more wisely making different premium cars.

Let's see here...
DeLorean
US Muscle (older)
The marvelous excluded Ferraris and Lambos
DeTomaso
Peel (:sly:)
Vector

But then again, I've not seen or been around Opels here in the US, so...

Mobi

by epic you mean in a good or a bad way?

In a good way. Whatever complaints you may have about the way they sound (or how they're too big and not technologically advanced enough), the GM 60deg V6 was a strong engine and it gets the job done.

Since you're including Vauxhall, a droop snoot Firenza and a chevette HSR please.

I'd like to see more opel/vaux cars but then i don't suppose they sell that many in Japan, so can't see them being introduced anytime soon to the series.

They don't sell many Aventadors either, Nor Scirocco R nor Scion's FRT (or whatever its name is). PD should've learned from their mistake on focusing on their own country(s)market.

In a good way. Whatever complaints you may have about the way they sound (or how they're too big and not technologically advanced enough), the GM 60deg V6 was a strong engine and it gets the job done.

The only complaint was about the fuel consumption, wich is to high for 3.8L v6

I think that PD could spend their time more wisely making different premium cars.

Let's see here...
DeLorean
US Muscle (older)
The marvelous excluded Ferraris and Lambos
DeTomaso
Peel (:sly:)
Vector

But then again, I've not seen or been around Opels here in the US, so...

Mobi

But you see those other cars you ' ve mentioned every day, yeah right. And I have never seen any Holden in europe, still I'd love them in the game and enjoy the Commodore SS and Monaro we already have! Btw Opel are badged as Buick's in your country! Since around 2005 or 06. Transformers, Bumblebees friends? (forgot their names) are Opel/Buicks! salute

Regarding Bitter i posted wrong info above: The Bitter Vero is from AU Holden Statesman, Bitter Vero 'Sports' is based on the HSV!

Last edited:
Unlucky for you my friend, there is a Holden Ute over here in Ireland..... 1 word...... sexual!

Even more unlucky I must be for never having made it to that beautiful Island...yet!:grumpy:
btw you guys are european champions...not the football players, but their fans!👍

I see, man those Ute's are sweet, like a modern day El Camino.:drool:

In a globalised world we are still missing on so much automotive artwork on the places in the world we live, only way to experience them all at once are the games. (But these must be in the game in order to get the experience :indiff:)

Flaco13
Even more unlucky I must be for never having made it to that beautiful Island...yet!:grumpy:
btw you guys are european champions...not the football players, but their fans!👍

I see, man those Ute's are sweet, like a modern day El Camino.:drool:

In a globalised world we are still missing on so much automotive artwork on the places in the world we live, only way to experience them all at once are the games. (But these must be in the game in order to get the experience :indiff:)

I love the Holden utes here

This video shows a lap at La Sarthe/LeMans in a Vauxhall Insignia with the 6.0 V8 Engine out of a Monaro, the car has RWD, sport-suspension and sport tires 265...front,285...rear the rest is stock

video was filmed with Mobile phone uploaded to ps3 and then to youtube so quality is close to zero :scared:

I think I don't need to tell the game I used ;)

Driving done by me

Just showing whats possible, not advertising anything here.

Erich Bitter would probably love this, too!

Last edited:
To this point, any manufacturer would be welcomed in the NCD. So yes.

I have to agree that Opel has really strong candidates to be part of GT5. So far the only reasonable Opel is the Speedster (which I don't like), the Tigra (which I DO like although it's not a big deal) and the old DTM Opels which unfortunately are all standard.

I would love to see those new OPC Opels and even the old Opel Omega (although we already have the Lotus version).

To this point, any manufacturer would be welcomed in the NCD. So yes.

I have to agree that Opel has really strong candidates to be part of GT5. So far the only reasonable Opel is the Speedster (which I don't like), the Tigra (which I DO like although it's not a big deal) and the old DTM Opels which unfortunately are all standard.

I would love to see those new OPC Opels and even the old Opel Omega (although we already have the Lotus version).

Thank you, paisano. With the right setup all of them can be fun, my Vectra has won races against Sciroccos and S4's. With the Corsa against likely hatchbacks, but I posted somewhere before, we could've had Corsa GSi and Vectra OPC instead...but PD:grumpy:

An Omega? seems a bit pointless the strongest was the Omega 3000 a 3.0 V6 with 204bhp, and like you said there is the Lotus. Instead I'd rather have a Senator 24v (same engine as the Omega 3000) or the Ascona and Manta 400

Senator:
BorbeauxSenator.jpg

Manta 400:
B4005a.jpg

Ascona 400:
Opel-Ascona-400.jpg

Last edited:
If we get loads of Tigras they'll need to think about adding handbags to the driver's outfits:dopey:

Manta would be cool but that would probably just make me wish they had a Ford Capri in the game too.

^^ like its Opels fault that most manufacturers use front wheel drive.
mqdefault.jpg

Insignia opc is 4WD.

How you know itwon't happen?

I think that the new generation Opel vehicles and some OPC models deserve to be in GT5,Opel is coming to Australia later in the year and I think that the Aussies shall give them a try on GT5 before they drive them on the real world.

I think that the new generation Opel vehicles and some OPC models deserve to be in GT5,Opel is coming to Australia later in the year and I think that the Aussies shall give them a try on GT5 before they drive them on the real world.

They are to be sold alongside with Holden? wow, didn't know that.
Then, GM, why don't you bring Holden to europe???

Oh yes, more manufacturers, more rivalries and races. I'm not a huge fan, but Opel as a new addition would be great, especially the OPCs. They would have to add a Mazda MPS in the mix.

Back