Should PD change Prize payouts and prizes? **POLL**

Should PD change the Prize payouts and prizes for in game accomplishments?


  • Total voters
    257
  • Poll closed .
There appears to be many people who buy a game to finish it, rather than because they enjoy playing it. Racing an event more than once isn't "grinding", it's enjoying the game... If you don't like going around in circles in a car, don't buy a car game. I find it hard to believe that anyone has mastered even one event, let alone the entire game, barely a week out from launch. At the very least this thread is premature, at most it's an affront to the series.

I agree.

I play the game by taking a car I like and do events it can enter. And I use the money I earn to buy the cars I want. Right now, I'm getting cars that cost 50,000 Cr. or less and then I'll gradually work my way up to the more expensive ones from there. Last night, I took the premium Nissan 300ZX and did the National B events it could enter. In an hour, I earned 60,000 Cr., which isn't bad at all. And if I keep repeating this for every car I own, I'll have plenty of money in due time. But the bottom line is, getting to the end of the game is not a priority for me.

That being said, I refuse to use the 20 mil. credits glitch. The game is not even a week old yet, so I don't feel the need to own the most expensive cars so soon. However, I do hope PD adds some more higher paying races eventually. Only because there seems to be too big of a gap to reach the 10 mil.+ Cr. cars with the current payouts.
 
I'm also ok with credit's but prize cars would be fine :)

I need to get in this game before I can complain anything :lol:
 
Seasonals at the very beginning of the game's life span wouldn't make sense as they would destroy the balancing of the career mode.

I guess, that we will get some juicy seasonals in the future...well, at least I hope so.

PD, don't prove me wrong, my trust in You is the reason, I do not use the glitch.

@ the poll: I guess, I am standing somewhere between option 1 and option 2. For beating the career, the payouts and prize cars seem balanced, but for collecting all cars, they are too low.
 
Last edited:
I just want more prize cars.

It used to be so much fun getting these things awarded that you would never have looked twice at in the showroom....
 
I think the current payouts are fine. We are still in the first week of the game, there shouldn't be a need to already possess every car or have the funding capabilities to do so. I still like the fact that I have to work for stuff at the beginning. New games should always carry a rewarding feeling. If I just started there where GT5 stopped it would be kind of "lame". "Planning" the credit balance to complete the career mode is half the fun for me, for the same reason I do not use 15th Anniversary cars or the 1million credits I got as a gift.

In the future I do hope that the seasonals start giving larger payouts. I'm thinking ~Spring 2014.
 
I like paying for in game credits with my credit card.
 
The whole game should have PP based percentage increases in payouts. Like GT5 seasonals do.
 
I don't have an issue with the prize cars. Or the A-spec payouts really, I just wish they would let us win money from the seasonals more than once. That was the main source of income after you completed A-spec in GT5.

Don't get me wrong I love playing the game and I'm having a great time. But I worry about what happens down the line when the events aren't new anymore.
 
I don't have an issue with current payouts, but two features would be nice
i) Login bonus (Paint Chips & Percentage bonus)
ii) PP based rewards
 
I prefer to race against other people online, which is why I would prefer to have the cars I want to race instead of being limited by the low payouts of career mode in GT6. I gather my fun from racing other people and not by playing "catch the rabbit" in career mode.
 
I'm going to say a "yes" for raising, but not the same as people demand. But leave the event reward as it is. Championship completion reward should be increased though. Being 10% increase of a normal race win is kind of silly.

Plant the Daily Bonus back in, just like GT5. Daily log in in a chain of a week increase it to 200% reward bonus. That's it. I thought that was a wonderful idea.

Also Performance Point value reward. I also though this was a solid idea in GT5's seasonals.
 
How many walls are you hitting with the GT40?

Chassis refresh was avaliable after a similarly short time in GT5 as well, people weren't bitching about it then though.

You do realize that now no matter what you do the chassis needs refreshed every 350 miles in GT6?, > You don't see that as an issue? At least GT5 it took time and or crashing a lot before you had to do it.

Do not respond if you actually don't know what your talking about, that would be much appreciated. No one here is a fan of some keyboard warrior with no clue.

Please stop blithering about "just play the game and do races over and over" you are well off topic this poll is about prizes only if you cannot fathom that then please do not re-post here

You sir have offended my Sherpa's, good day sir

I don't have an issue with current payouts, but two features would be nice
i) Login bonus (Paint Chips & Percentage bonus)
ii) PP based rewards

Sorry you don't have an issue yet you need a login bonus as first priority and PP rewards as second priority? completely lost me on that one..... your text is not being translated to English right?
 
I prefer to race against other people online, which is why I would prefer to have the cars I want to race instead of being limited by the low payouts of career mode in GT6. I gather my fun from racing other people and not by playing "catch the rabbit" in career mode.
I like online racing as well. Would be nice if the online payout was a lot higher than it is now

two of us were runnign 4 lap races on Bathhurst today and the winner was getting about 1700 credits. IMO that needs another 0 on the end. 4 laps around Bathhurst in career mode pays around 30k so why so low online?

!7 K I could deal with, at least it would help earn some credits while racing with friends but 1.7 is barley enough to wash the car and change the oil after racing
 
Kaz was right about the "Human Drama"...they finally added that to the game somehow...


PS: The last option of the poll is so funny, haha.
 
I like online racing as well. Would be nice if the online payout was a lot higher than it is now

two of us were runnign 4 lap races on Bathhurst today and the winner was getting about 1700 credits. IMO that needs another 0 on the end. 4 laps around Bathhurst in career mode pays around 30k so why so low online?

!7 K I could deal with, at least it would help earn some credits while racing with friends but 1.7 is barley enough to wash the car and change the oil after racing

150% agree (is that possible?)

We are in need of a proper patch....might as well play arcade mode till that point
 
The F2P layout has no place in a game people have already put $60 into. Plunking down $200 to buy a GT40 is more than a little ridiculous.
 
Let us choose 4 prize cars after race series to help the grinding become less boring.
 
they should increase the payouts.

At the very least have the log in bonuses like GT5.
 
Payout should be X + Y

race's maximum PP multiplied by X, representing your license level.
X = 20 if national B
X = 40 if national A
X = 80 if International B
X = 160 if International A
X = 320 if Super license

Y= Race distance in meters
 
So far two trolls here. Like to pay for ingame credits with their credit card. Of course, they do...
 
Each individual star earned should increase earnings by 2%. So by the end you'd have 10% more money from events, it's not a big deal but this game needs to pay a lot more. Preferably around a million credits/hour. I already feel cheated by the fake AI and "time trialed" race, add the absence of endurances and overall longer championships plus the lack of car rewards, if they don't somewhat fix the economy soon I'll find myself leaving the game earlier than GT5.
 
These days people want their games made too easy. No I dont think the pay should be increased. It will make the game too short and then we will have people crying that the game is too short and it was too easy to buy stuff. You people are just never happy

Each individual star earned should increase earnings by 2%.
By the time you get 100 stars you have a 200% payout. Why not make everything free and make GT completely boring?
 
You do realize that now no matter what you do the chassis needs refreshed every 350 miles in GT6?, > You don't see that as an issue? At least GT5 it took time and or crashing a lot before you had to do it.

-------------------

------------------ "just play the game and do races over and over" you are well off topic this poll is about prizes only -----------------

-------------------

I've tried to edit out the personal attacks in your comment. There's not much left, but I'll try and address the points you raise.

The poll is about prizes you get for winning races. "doing races" is inextricably linked to the prizes. I'll let the mods decide whether the suggestion that doing a race more than once to alleviate what some see as an issue is "off topic"; personally I think you're clutching at straws in an attempt to justify the existence of a poll designed to achieve a predetermined result.


Regarding chassis refresh - there's a fairly obvious contradition in your post. To quote you: "this poll is about prizes only". There are other threads for discussing chassis refresh, I suggest you go there to stop dragging this thread off topic.
 
Gran Turismo has always been a game known for its longevity. GT6 isn't even a week old you already want a GT40?

Personally, I think payouts are perfect as is although PP and login bonuses would be great. I'm no fan of paying for credits.

I like to believe that making less money in-game gives greater weight to your initial car purchases. And GT6 having so many options, the task can be daunting. So it's understandable if you prefer to buy fake money with real money to make the game easier or more enjoyable.

That being said take the following anecdote with a glass of milk to easy your ailing brain over a video game.
_____
I have about 25 cars in GT6, six of which I've bought myself. Ironically enough, only ONE of the cars I bought (Fit RS need not apply) has been used in career races.

I bought an Efini RX-7 '91 as my first when I had about ¤200k. When I made 300k, I bought a Yellow Bird just because I love that car. When I had another 300k I bought my favorite super car since I was a wee little boy, Lamborghini Diablo GT but not before buying a premium Lan Evo VI T.M. '00 (only because I prefer it over the premium '99 version with the graphics).

This was all before even getting my National A license. How, you may ask, did I do this? Well, I didn't rush through to get as many licenses as possible, like I've don't in past GT games. I didn't advance until having done all races and gotten all stars in each class. When I hit a road block or didn't have a car I needed I went to Goodwood and got myself a free classic race car, classic muscle, a super car and then some.

I'm sure the game was meant to be played, not cheated through.

I also think this thread is premature.
 
Payout should be X + Y

race's maximum PP multiplied by X, representing your license level.
X = 20 if national B
X = 40 if national A
X = 80 if International B
X = 160 if International A
X = 320 if Super license

Y= Race distance in meters

So you are saying a 2 lap race in the fit should pay according to your license

400 at novice
8000 at B
16000 at A
32000 at IB
64000 at IA
128000 at S

That would be totally absurd

Why bother to add the race length in KM to that way over the top number, I mean after all would you even notice an extra 50 or hundred on that number

5KM race 400PP S = 128,005
1000 km race 400PP S = 129,000

That would mean you only get 995 credits for driving 995 km !
 
These days people want their games made too easy. No I dont think the pay should be increased. It will make the game too short and then we will have people crying that the game is too short and it was too easy to buy stuff. You people are just never happy

By the time you get 100 stars you have a 200% payout. Why not make everything free and make GT completely boring?

200% is just double the credits. You think a 20 minute race in Special events giving 180 thousand credits is too much? Although once in S you mostly would earn 900k for Apricot 20 minutes. It still 7.4 hours to buy a 20 million cars, with a 90K payout you would need 74 hours. May I ask you what is making the game the most boring between 7 hours and 74 to buy a 20 million car?
 
Prize cars got me to try out cars I might otherwise never buy on my own... so I'm all for prize cars and higher payout so I can afford at least a couple other cars...

You know, there are only a handful of cars in the world that cost anywhere near 20 million... quite a few at 1.5 but thats like a dozen handfulls... The rest are all sub 500k... so the prices are a bit off in GT...
 
Please see this thread and learn how big of a game-breaking issue this is:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/body-rigidity-deteriorates-way-too-fast.292723/

Most players are complaining that the rate of money gained from grinding is about the same as the money spent on body rigidity restoration. Remember that 500,000 credits - the amount needed for restoration on race cars - is $4.99 in microtransactions. That's $5.00 in real money needed to 'fix' a single virtual for every 300 miles driven.
 
200% is just double the credits. You think a 20 minute race in Special events giving 180 thousand credits is too much? Although once in S you mostly would earn 900k for Apricot 20 minutes. It still 7.4 hours to buy a 20 million cars, with a 90K payout you would need 74 hours. May I ask you what is making the game the most boring between 7 hours and 74 to buy a 20 million car?
Yes I do think 180 thousand is way too much for a twenty minute race. It took me and muy brothger days of racing in GT5 to gain enough credits to buy the Ferrari F1 car. I dont want lots of credits thrown at me and shorten the game lifespan.
 
Back