Should PD change Prize payouts and prizes? **POLL**

Should PD change the Prize payouts and prizes for in game accomplishments?


  • Total voters
    257
  • Poll closed .
I have about $70 million in cash and Jaguars so I'm ok haha...serves PD right.
 
3 people who voted must be tracked Down and terminated!
 
So you are saying a 2 lap race in the fit should pay according to your license

400 at novice
8000 at B
16000 at A
32000 at IB
64000 at IA
128000 at S

That would be totally absurd

Why bother to add the race length in KM to that way over the top number, I mean after all would you even notice an extra 50 or hundred on that number

5KM race 400PP S = 128,005
1000 km race 400PP S = 129,000

That would mean you only get 995 credits for driving 995 km !
/Facepalm. Race distance in meters, not kilometers.
 
Sorry you don't have an issue yet you need a login bonus as first priority and PP rewards as second priority? completely lost me on that one..... your text is not being translated to English right?

What I meant was that if payouts were kept the same, I wouldn't be disappointed with the payouts. However, IF PD were to make some changes to payouts, those two features would be a suitable addition to the game imo. I'm not saying I desperately want these changes though.
 
I would appreciate PD to introduce the adaptive payouts we have seen in GT5 seasonal events, instead of going through the fastest ways around we could opt for the most rewarding ones.
 
Yes I do think 180 thousand is way too much for a twenty minute race. It took me and muy brothger days of racing in GT5 to gain enough credits to buy the Ferrari F1 car. I dont want lots of credits thrown at me and shorten the game lifespan.

Well you do realize that the economy in its current state will shorten the game lifespan for the majority of people, but also for you if you play online. But even if you play entirely solo and like the grind, you aren't representative of the majority of those who bought the game and listening to you would be a mistake on PD's part. Also, if sales keep declining because of stuff like this, maybe GT7 will be the last of the franchise, ever thought of that? PD is playing a dangerous game alienating its player base with excessive grinding. We aren't 13 years old with nothing else to do or no money to buy other games anymore, the world has changed, PD needs to adapt or else.
 
Well you do realize that the economy in its current state will shorten the game lifespan for the majority of people, but also for you if you play online. But even if you play entirely solo and like the grind, you aren't representative of the majority of those who bought the game and listening to you would be a mistake on PD's part. Also, if sales keep declining because of stuff like this, maybe GT7 will be the last of the franchise, ever thought of that? PD is playing a dangerous game alienating its player base with excessive grinding. We aren't 13 years old with nothing else to do or no money to buy other games anymore, the world has changed, PD needs to adapt or else.
If they made it too easy to buy stuff and handed out too many credits for each race I really wouldn't care if GT7 was the last game because I would have no interest in the game anyway. I had Forza 4 and I got 25% into the career before I got completely bored of the way they made it way too easy with lots of free stuff thrown at me.
 
For what I've seen (don't have the game yet, holding out for the course maker) the payouts are still passable (Forza 5's seem even worse), and there's quite a good number of prize cars, so I personally wouldn't change what's already there, just implement more races with more prize cars.

A bit off topic, but can you sell the prize cars you win in GT6? I've always preferred buying over winning, unless it's the only way to get said car.
 
Like all things in life it is about balance - and the balance is currently, IMO, wrong (especially when you figure in that cars are needing expensive body rigidity restoration after just 300 miles of use).

Some grinding out the races to afford the expensive cars should absolutely be necessary but the degree to which this is needed is far to extreme just now. I went back to some of the earlier races and tested the economy a little and found that if you didn't run a stock road car in the race, even if you just put some simple tuning in place that didn't affect the PP levels such as tyres, suspension and brake improvements, you can run through these series of races in each car without actually making any money at all. Repeating a race over and over to grind out those credits would not be such a bad deal if the races were remotely interesting - as it is the AI is easy to beat by going into a race at 100PP beneath the level stated in the race profile.

I remember that GT5's race payouts were not huge in the early career mode either but, and this is the big difference, you won a car for each race series and not just twice during each license class. You also won a car if you replayed that race series and could therefore sell the car if you wished - this boosted earnings by enough to make replaying some boring races worthwhile to do.

Balance is key.
 
Well you do realize that the economy in its current state will shorten the game lifespan for the majority of people, but also for you if you play online. But even if you play entirely solo and like the grind, you aren't representative of the majority of those who bought the game and listening to you would be a mistake on PD's part. Also, if sales keep declining because of stuff like this, maybe GT7 will be the last of the franchise, ever thought of that? PD is playing a dangerous game alienating its player base with excessive grinding. We aren't 13 years old with nothing else to do or no money to buy other games anymore, the world has changed, PD needs to adapt or else.

Exactly, this in the end was the main reason I gave up on GT5 after two months last time. And I was desperate for a good racing game at the time after the IMO disappointments of FM3/4. I loved the cars, physics and tracks of GT5 but could not stand having to grind days at a time to get the cars I like. So I gave up on the game.

FF to now. Wasn't a chance in blue hell I was dropping 600+ for T10's now shell of what it once was Forza and a game system with zero else to offer. Especially as release got closer and I started hearing "rumors" that all turned out to be true. So I'm back on GT and again love the cars, tracks and especially the physics. But I'm afraid that at some point in the near future that stuff is going to get outweighed again by my disgust at the need to grind to obtain the cars I want to drive. And that will be a shame. And it's not that I'm against a good career progression or certain cars being more rare than others, but it's gotten ridiculous. Especially in light of the fact that microtransactions are now in the game.

It'd be one thing if there was a Forza like Rivals system where I could hotlap and earn money per lap. Or if there were more options in single player than what's there. But there's not. If you want credits you're just grinding to get them...or even worse now buying them.

And what really irritates you is how this economy picks and chooses who gets to have the most fun. People who like the grocery getters get a more than full game with countless cheap options while those who want to race faster cars and the same real race cars we watch race on TV get the shaft. How many of the people who love the idea of super expensive cars on these games are people who enjoy mainly racing everyday street cars? You don't care about credits when all you want is a garage full of Civics. When you're interested in the faster cars and race cars it gets ridiculous. I raced off and on all day yesterday and still didn't earn enough to buy even one GT1 or LMP car.
 
Last edited:
A couple of months ago, my folks announced over dinner that they were buying me a car, and my dad pulled out his check/cheque book and started writing. Wow!!! I was thinking "Lamborghini?", or "Ferrari?". Maybe both!

Then I saw the amount he had written, so I started whining.

It gets worse. They told me the only car I was allowed to buy was a Honda Fit! A Honda Fit?? WTF? All my friends would laugh at me. So I whined some more.

When I realized it was going to take some actual hard track work to earn credits to pay for better cars, I whined again because it would take too long. But I quickly realized I didn't like the career mode since it is too short, so I whined about that too. Often in the same sentence.

Anyway, it's been two months now and I still haven't earned enough credits to buy all the 20,000,000 credit cars in the world. WTF??? As I told my parents, I'm two months older and I'm entitled to everything, don't you agree? I didn't get into GT6 to enjoy the pleasure of driving. I call that "grinding" because it is such a chore. But I do like whining about grinding. That's fun.

My parents won't give me money for microtransactions, so that's another reason to whine.

And I'm sick of these patches coming at me thick and fast adding stuff that should have been in the game to start with. What was this "Kaz" guy thinking? Doesn't he know I'm entitled to have everything immediately? I think he's been talking too much with my mean parents who just don't understand. Kaz gets to go everywhere he wants and drive any car he wants to. Well, I'm a better gamer and driver than he is, so I should be treated better than him. After all, I know more about what should be in GT6 than he does (obviously, duh!), and I know just how easy it is program stuff into video games, so I'm entitled to whine about Kaz. And PD.

There's a lot more I could whine about, but I see that there are a lot of fellow whiners in these forums so you can read what they whine about while I think up more complaints.

And finally, I want to complain about the Guinness Book of Records. I expected to be listed under "Winners", but they only recognized me under "Whiners".
 
I think the reward payouts are good with the 200% log in bonus at least.
 
It's okay, but t could be better. I haven't reached beyond 14,000,000, and that was with the Christmas Special Seasonal Events. I usually stay around 3 to 4 million. There aren't any other cars I'm interested in anyway, so i don't spend money anymore. I'm just waiting for the V12 Lambos to have their sound fixed a long with some others, then I'll need more Cr.
 
Back