should there be more tracks to try out your speed

  • Thread starter Thread starter tm2003
  • 29 comments
  • 714 views

who thinks there should be a vider array of test tracs

  • i think ther should

    Votes: 17 73.9%
  • no keep it the same

    Votes: 6 26.1%

  • Total voters
    23
Messages
471
like a road track and other types, so you can alter your settings for that type of track. it would be great and save alot of time who agrees;)
 
there is only so much one can adjust when testing for speed. But, there should be more tracks...
 
Huh,.... well,. lemme 'brake' it down for you:

Speed Testing Possiblilities:

Seattle = Road, Hills, Bumps, Low and High speed corners

Trial Mountain = Hills, Bumps, Low and High speed corners

Tokyo = Road, Flat, High-speed corners

SSR 5 and 11 = Road, flat and hilly, few bumps, fast and slow corners

Test Course = Ultra high speeds and corners

Super Speedway = Medium speeds and corners

so,... what else do you want? I barely broke the surface. Should I go into how good of a tuning track Complex String is?,......... nuff said,... you got the point,.. I hope. If not,.... sell your copy if you cant appreciate it.

BTW,... you can save your settings ya know. Call them "ZZ2 at LSR" and "GT1 at MF" ect, ect,.... there ya go,.. settings for every track.
 
:D To tm2003,

Not sure what you're asking??? If you're referring to "Run & Setting" in Sim mode, the available tracks are all you really need. But if you unlock the entire Arcade section you can tune on whatever specific track you need (which is what I normally do.) Will check back to see if this note or Red Eye Racer's answered your query...UB57
:D
 
if its high speed your after do we really need any more tracks like the test course?
i dont think so
 
for a top speed test track, it would be really cool if they could make a "salt flats" area. with reallistic dust effects. it would be realistic, and they could make it look and feel very impressive.
 
why dont we make it 50 miles long as well then?
 
Me and my GT3 buddies are just hopin and prayin that there will be a eternal straight in GT4 with a light tree for side by side true blue drag!!!! :D
 
i don't need more tracks on which to exhibit my uncanny lightspeed racing prowess, but more would be fun, i guess. especially for those of us who've beat the game twice.
 
:D Yeh milefile,
With the disc space they WASTED on a 6 Mile (Yawn / NASCAR / Yawn) track we could have had two or three more REAL race tracks!!!...UB57
:D
 
No we don`t need any more of that stupid long tracks.Just look
at the test track,4 laps of that and i am almost sleeping.More city based tracks would be cool though:banghead:
 
Since I play at night almost exclusively, I think I have fallen asleep every time I've driven the test track. It's weird though because I don't realize it's happening. I'm staring at the TV and all of a sudden, WHAM, I nail the wall... then I'm awake for another minute or two.
 
when i done like the wind i jumped in the escudo and done the elastic band thingy
I know most of you would think this was cheating but i could not be arsed running 20 or so laps of the test course

So the answer to the original question ..No it's fine the way it is
 
I was really wishing I knew that trick last night when I did ten laps. Can anyone direct me to where that information is?
 
Can't remember where i saw it dude

But what i done was secure the steering to the right ...And the accel to max .

The escudo just scrapes along the wall but it's so fast it still stays out front ..

I don't know if it works with other cars as i've never tried it ..
 
Simply get a rubber band and wrap it on the two sticks. They will point inward twoards eachother,... keeping the escudo on the right wall and still accellerating. Trick is to set your accell to right analog stick.

I use this method to break in cars,.. only I use the rubber band on the accellerator only,... and I set the ASM and TCS as high as possible, with LSD's at all 5's. 95% of the time the car will keep running,... once in a great while it will get caught up in the pits,...
 
And you win this way? The car just rubs the wall all the way around?
 
Yep you can go and make yourself some food ,have a smoke ,drink some tea when you come back race is over :lol:
 
if the car is overpowered enough (as the Scud always is) then the wallriding won't slow it down enough to make it lose. the Rubber Band Trick is a really easy way to get $$ if used in the 150-lap Super Speedway enduro. $200,000 / hour.
 
I tried the rubber band trick one time with my cousin's game when he first got it.... i sucked BAD... we let it run a while and watched TV then when we checked on it it was on like lap 45 in 4th place I had been lapped like 4 time by first place so I had to really drive the last laps...:rolleyes: :banghead: :lol:

Oh i was in a partly modded skyline..... :D
 
I do the rubber band trick a lot, but i put like another controler on the left analog to keep it just slightly right.
 
I would like to see Autumn Ring short from the older GT2 and GT1. That course rocked.
 
you know what i think, i thinkthey should have a road/rally track with mud, water, bridges, & building you can drive though like airplane hangers. every played rally cross 2? and they need a trackcreater with track sections you can peice together in any way u wantlike in some games i have. that would kick ass!
 
Back