Should we report our own post?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 33 comments
Its not just lazy always. In my experience its an honest mistake. It goes like this.

1 read thread
2 find a post to reply too
3 continue reading for a page or so
4 reply to another post
5 realize you just double posted (optional)

Oh, an accident is a different thing, I get that we can all do that once in a while. I mean those that intentionally respond to consecutive posts, on the same page, with a different post for each.

I'm confused then. What is it you do with an accidental double after I delete it and replace the entire post with "delete"? Do you completely remove them?

Like @TB said, we delete it from the view of the general GTPopulace. Since there's a set number of posts per page on this software, that's much handier for the flow of the thread.

Incidentally, I had an accidental double post because of my phone internet earlier today. I simply changed the contents to "dp" and reported it and it was gone a few hours later; and I hadn't looked at this thread until just now.

I forgot to mention that I even "reported" my (= 1) post in the Assetto Corsa forum. And it worked exactly as on GTP.
My post got removed.

Strange huh, two different fora and still the same result. :D

:lol:

...but people doing it instead of multi-quoting? That's just lazy!
I completely agree with this if you are on a computer with a working keyboard and mouse.

However, if you forget to add a quote when posting on mobile, it is very tough if your phones copy/paste is not very user friendly. Computers are all (for the most part) the same and easy to use.

Back