Shouldn't Tires Count Towards the PP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JTB10000
  • 10 comments
  • 805 views
Messages
1,521
United States
Texas
Messages
JoshsoJB
If people want to use R.S. tires, they would have to sacrifice a lot of speed to do so and vice versa.

I just think it would be much fairer to people who hate using R.S. tires (like me).

What do you think?
 
I'm not sure this is the best place to ask but I agree whole-heartedly. Any parts that make a car more capable (except for those that are adjustable--that's just asking for trouble) such as tires and clutches/flywheels should have some bearing on a car's PP rating.
 
GT5 Prologue had tyres as part of PP and they dropped it.

IMHO tyres should be left out of it. Also how do you work it out if the race is semi-wet?
 
Realistically they should but I'm glad they don't.
 
It's much better to be able to restrict tyres separately, otherwise everyone will end up on the same tyres, & you wouldn't be able to set up rooms restricted to certain tyres types which is the only kind of racing I & many others enjoy. Any rooms I host are restricted to Comfort Hard to Sports Hard, & the Tuning Prohibited box is always ticked.

That said, it would be better if we had the option to include tyres in the PP calculation or not. That way everyone would be happy as we could change the setting to our own preference.
 
Tire compounds (at least in GT5), were compromise items, typically Racing Softs should be faster but last less, but this is useless since most places do not have tire wear, but the devs seem to forgot that.
 
No. The tires have pros and cons. Notice your top speeds and acceleration once you have traction are a little slower with racing sorts compared to medium and hards. They wear far quicker and the drop off is major. By the time you're down to 3 or 4 of ten, your losing gobs of tikes. Not as much the case with hards and mediums. Mediums last quite a while. Hards are a little too slippery.

Just using racing tires as an example. That goes for all.
 
Having tire restrictions seems better than having tires as part of the PP calculation, since the game has tire wear, wet races, and non-tarmac tracks.
However, I think upgrades such as suspension, transmission, drivetrain, etc, should count towards PP, since they all improve handling and make the car faster.
 
The PP system is wonky as it is. Adding tires in to the equation will just make it worse. Leave it as is would be my vote.
 
Back