Should've Added New Photo Travel Places. What do you think?

Why not?

:cheers:

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 2
Why not some locations from "The Lord of the Ring", like Mordor?
Positive: locations are already digitalised.

Last edited:
Another PD oddity... If PD wanted to do an update that was simple and reasonably appeasing to some GT 6 players, they could easily add the GT 5 photo mode locations.

This would be far easier than cars, tracks, and features. And might buy them some time...

This thread is more about suggested locations but its hard to imagine new ones when there are already a half dozen ones we know are 99% compatible with GT 6...

I vote for Cité de Carcassonne, France. (I went there like 3 times because it is awesome and I live quite close to it -300km more or less-)

Cit%C3%A9_de_Carcassonne.jpg

carcassonne-la-citc3a925.jpg

carcassonne_cnt_9nov09_istock_b.jpg

And do some research if you are interested. Really cool place...once you enter (it is free) in the city (where there are actually people that lives and work there) you feel like being in the Medieval era.

The biggest point in here though is that the assets from GT5 are already modeled and could likely be simply dropped in. So why not?
Well one would think the same about shuffle racing and the community message board and gifting and so on all of which are much more important than photo locations.

Anything they add requires someone to add it and that someone could be doing something else so no they should nto have added more photo locations and should not until everything else is done.

Well one would think the same about shuffle racing and the community message board and gifting and so on all of which are much more important than photo locations.

Anything they add requires someone to add it and that someone could be doing something else so no they should nto have added more photo locations and should not until everything else is done.
I fully agree on those things.

To your second point, I can't have the telecom network guy come across the building and write SQL databases and visual basic code for me, ergo somebody installing photomode location may very well NOT be able to work on something else. Sure his position "may" be similar in that he programs systems like I do but they are completely different functionally.

I doubt they have people who do nothing but photo mode, most likely those who take the photos are the same people who would be going out to take photos of a track and/or a car that would be added to the game. Those that assemble them would be the same ones that do so for the cars and the tracks and those that code them would be coders that can do something else which would be more beneficial to the game. They definitely do not have a group of specialized coders who do nothing but photo mode.

Your comparison would be like asking the photographer to write the code as most telecom network guys know very little about coding.

I doubt they have people who do nothing but photo mode, most likely those who take the photos are the same people who would be going out to take photos of a track and/or a car that would be added to the game. Those that assemble them would be the same ones that do so for the cars and the tracks and those that code them would be coders that can do something else which would be more beneficial to the game. They definitely do not have a group of specialized coders who do nothing but photo mode.

Your comparison would be like asking the photographer to write the code as most telecom network guys know very little about coding.
So now we are going to fight over which features should be given priority among ourselves? I don't play online and have no interest in doing so, those features mean nothing to me. I certainly see why those who do play online are upset about it though. Personally, any thing they can add at all, as soon as possible to this half a game we all payed full price for is a plus in my book.

Yes it does: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/tracks/#photo_travel

Racetracks are much bigger than the photomode locations, and they're also full of barriers and signs and stuff that obstructs the scenery.

I stand corrected on that. Still, photomode doesn't stand on it's own as a game. It needs the racing to even have a home. No other genre I know of does photomode except racing. So it's not really a game that's meant to be both. It's a racing game where taking pictures is a added feature....not the other way around or even close to equal.

And I completely disagree with the argument against phototravel locations being made into actual racing locations. Certainly Ronda, Syracuse and Valencia are large enough to make a track. Maybe not Gemasolar so much as it really is small. But those other 3 are plenty big enough.

No reason why there can't be a with barriers version for racing and one without barriers for pictures. In fact, that really extends to all the current tracks. Take the barriers away and Rome, Tokyo and Monaco all become "phototravel" locations.

No I wasnt implying that there was a special group doing nothing more than photomode. Rather the people modeling aren't doing core functionality coding.

And yes perhaps my analogy was flawed. How about if I instead said that I cant have the mainframe csf programmers come and build an interface?

Either way I can all but guarantee the guys doing modeling have no interaction in functionality such as online shuffle. Two completely different languages. I never learned anything from photoshop that related to C++.

Either way I digress. If you want to agree to disagree I'm fine with that. I dont want to completley derail this thread.

In my opinion the last thing they need to do is waste more time on non-racing stuff. This is supposed to be a driving simulator, not a photography simulator.

Don't hate and I don't deny what you say, but is it not possible the actual 'driving' aspect of the game has been neglected thanks to, in part, the amount of time/energy/memory that goes into a 'pretty picture'?

I can't even save a bloody tune on GT6, somethings gone awry here, don't you agree?

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a slanging match for expressing an opinion, so :cheers:

I appreciate the calm and respectful approach. I also agree that resources may have been diverted, but as I have said I am happy for what I have and the more time goes on the better gt6 will get.

Photo mode has always been fun for me. Do I spend the majority of my time there? No, but that's the point, something a little different.

Like NFSCARBON1 said, i wonder why they haven't put the photo locations of GT5, weird... "Oh here are new photo locations BUT we'll take the other ones out though for no apparent reasons..."

?????

I vote for Cité de Carcassonne, France. (I went there like 3 times because it is awesome and I live quite close to it -300km more or less-)

Cit%C3%A9_de_Carcassonne.jpg

carcassonne-la-citc3a925.jpg

carcassonne_cnt_9nov09_istock_b.jpg

And do some research if you are interested. Really cool place...once you enter (it is free) in the city (where there are actually people that lives and work there) you feel like being in the Medieval era.
Looks reasonable enough!

Stay on topic, people!

I prefer to take photos of them on the track, and there are dozens and dozens of locations to do that. 👍

I stand corrected on that. Still, photomode doesn't stand on it's own as a game. It needs the racing to even have a home. No other genre I know of does photomode except racing. So it's not really a game that's meant to be both. It's a racing game where taking pictures is a added feature....not the other way around or even close to equal.

And I completely disagree with the argument against phototravel locations being made into actual racing locations. Certainly Ronda, Syracuse and Valencia are large enough to make a track. Maybe not Gemasolar so much as it really is small. But those other 3 are plenty big enough.

No reason why there can't be a with barriers version for racing and one without barriers for pictures. In fact, that really extends to all the current tracks. Take the barriers away and Rome, Tokyo and Monaco all become "phototravel" locations.

Rome and London without barriers would be awesome.

Only a small part of Ronda and Syracuse is modeled. The quality drops a lot outside of the photomode zone.

Rome and London without barriers would be awesome.

Only a small part of Ronda and Syracuse is modeled. The quality drops a lot outside of the photomode zone.
I noticed that. It seems not everything in the towns or cities provided are fully accessible even though they are rendered well...

EDIT:
I prefer to take photos of them on the track, and there are dozens and dozens of locations to do that. 👍
Then I guess you're no help in this thread since you said this. :( If you prefer to do that, then by all means do it! There are more tracks then photo travel areas anyway... I don't wanna argue with you on this further... Hope you get a perfect shot every single time! :)
I at times save a race replay which I say "Race further; take replay pics later..." in some of my fav racing championship series like the 550PP and 600PP Touring Car Championships, GT300, GT500, and Group GT3 Series in the IA Class races. Or even during the Seasonal Events!

This thread is about suggesting newer photo mode locations that might be added via updates in GT6 (it might be a sudden surprise, although some of us here are speculating so) or as default and/or unlockable photo travel areas for GT7 since GT5 added new ones thanks to its unique Special Event called "Grand Tour". I miss that Special Event there!

This is for people who'd like to take a break from racing once in a while... This is why one of Kaz's hobbies is photography as seen in the Pushing the Virtual Divide documentary. I really do love taking pictures in real life, you know? I really do! :D

Oh well. To each of their own then...!

P.S.
This is coming from a guy suffering complete game data loss when my PS3 got formatted... >< Now I can't even DL the Update Version 1.04 due to errors! Oh noes! O_O

Last edited:
Back