Should've Added New Photo Travel Places. What do you think?

Philippines
Quezon City
MigsRZXA021
I think what GT6 legitimately lacks is more Photo Travel places. I noticed that there are only five areas to go to (well, actually it's four since two of them are just the same area but one at day and one at night) which are Syracuse in the isle of Sicily in Italy, the town of Ronda in Spain, the Gemasolar Power Plant in Seville, Spain and the large City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia, Spain.

So what I'm asking everyone in GTPlanet is:
What places in the world do you think would've been great for GT6 to be added there or be put in GT7 for PS4? It should have a good landmark, rich history and the like as shown in GTs 4 to 6.

Go ahead if you want to suggest bringing back the old Photo Travel places from GT4 and/or GT5. I really adore the GT5 Special Event "Grand Tour" (which is my most favorite Special Event there) where, as I progress through the tour, I stop by various towns or cities unlocking those stopovers as new Photo Travel places. Ah, those good old days in GT5!

I'd vote for Visby, Sweden.

Gotland_Visby_gamla_stan.jpg

visby_b003.jpg
%25252FSelectImageX%25252F97069%25252FVisby.jpg

Visby-church-ruin.jpg
Raboff-Photography-Gotland-Norder-Port-vallgraven-Visby.jpg

rosornas_Stad.jpg

VisbyStrandpromenad_9255.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like a fully functional photo studio. Moveable, varied studio lights, changeable backdrops etc. You can vote for it in the feature request section below

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/studio-like-location-for-photo-mode.298344/

DSC_8682.JPG

19-700x467.jpg

I'd also like to be able to use all locations not previously used for photography.

E.g. The garage with pit crew seen at the start of GT5. Likewise the warehouse from GT5.
The bunker used in some gallery previews.

Don't forget to do some research on the historic landmarks you've shown!

Had to edit my OP for this.

I'd vote for Visby, Sweden.

Gotland_Visby_gamla_stan.jpg

visby_b003.jpg
%25252FSelectImageX%25252F97069%25252FVisby.jpg

Visby-church-ruin.jpg
Raboff-Photography-Gotland-Norder-Port-vallgraven-Visby.jpg

rosornas_Stad.jpg

VisbyStrandpromenad_9255.jpg
All look nice! Should add more info about them, you know?

I'd like a fully functional photo studio. Moveable, varied studio lights, changeable backdrops etc. You can vote for it in the feature request section below

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/studio-like-location-for-photo-mode.298344/

DSC_8682.JPG

19-700x467.jpg

I'd also like to be able to use all locations not previously used for photography.

E.g. The garage with pit crew seen at the start of GT5. Likewise the warehouse from GT5.
The bunker used in some gallery previews.
Good suggestion. Why don't PD do that? I always wanted to take a pic of my car while in idle Gallery mode.

But I think this is something similar which is found in GT's XBox rival - the Forza Motorsport series. My cuz showed me that. I speak in a neutral view because I don't want to do anything on this GT vs. Forza BS I've been seeing around cyberspace! Each game has somethings one has which the other hasn't and vice-versa!

Now I contribute since I did the OP for this:
Rizal_Park_Facing_Quirino_Grandstand.jpg

Rizal Park, Manila, Philippines

More images of it here as a Google Search result.

This is where one of its National Heroes Jose Rizal (who the park was named after) was executed by the ruling Spaniards during the Spanish dominance of the Philippines. Back then, that was once called Bagumbayan Field.

Also, I have to spread what my country has to offer.

Id like less photography, this is meant to be a driving simulator, not a photography simulator.

Being the GT is the Brain child of Kaz and that photography is quite obviously a hobby of his (go watch Pushing the virtual divide) as well as loving cars. Photographing cars has always been a way of enjoying cars. Thus giving us the tools, and locations to take stunning, near photo realistic images of cars we will probably never, ever see in person, is his way to let us explore our passion and express our creativity.

Don't hate, create.

Low PS3 Memory also denied those places as user iterface background when they "streamlined" GT6 UI. I would love to have all those places with your car in it back in the main menu like in GT5 Prologue.

Being the GT is the Brain child of Kaz and that photography is quite obviously a hobby of his (go watch Pushing the virtual divide) as well as loving cars. Photographing cars has always been a way of enjoying cars. Thus giving us the tools, and locations to take stunning, near photo realistic images of cars we will probably never, ever see in person, is his way to let us explore our passion and express our creativity.

Don't hate, create.

Don't hate and I don't deny what you say, but is it not possible the actual 'driving' aspect of the game has been neglected thanks to, in part, the amount of time/energy/memory that goes into a 'pretty picture'?

I can't even save a bloody tune on GT6, somethings gone awry here, don't you agree?

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a slanging match for expressing an opinion, so :cheers:

More photo travels would be nice. I was hoping I would unlock some more as I played through the campaign. Similar to what they did in GT5. I am just so dang happy we can bring standards to photo travel. That was my top complaing of GT5. Plus now we can bring two cars instead of one. :)

How about and call me crazy... (I know you can do it through replays...) But a free roam on tracks to set up your car just like now. It would give you tons of opportunities as well as giving you control over the time / weather on the track...
It'd be cool if you could set the car up on parts of the track that aren't usually accessible, like the Colosseum and Circus Maximus in Rome, pit areas, paddock areas and infields.

Other than that, I'll say Red Square, Brandenberg Gate, Arc de Triomphe, Fremont Street in Las Vegas, Hollywood Boulevard, Times Square, Daley Plaza in Chicago, Golden Gate Park. I could go on all night.

How about bringing the Shibuya Crossing back from GT4? That was awesome, along with this other Japanese building that I forgot the name of in GT4.

Oh, and what about a garage setting, before a race?

It's meant to be both :)

No it's not. Nowhere on the box does it say anything about being a photo simulator. Nowhere on the feature list on the website either. :crazy:

Photo Travel makes no sense to me. Why waste all this time creating these cities and areas to take pictures in when they could be making actual race tracks in these places that would work just as well for taking photos?

I totally agree that the current photo mode is too sparse. At least at the other locations back in (or the ones missing from GT5 (like Suzuka pit lane).

Or, give the open world fans a crumb and let players drive a car in the photo mode locations. You're already rendering it all, the physics for one car can't take up THAT much overhead.

No it's not. Nowhere on the box does it say anything about being a photo simulator. Nowhere on the feature list on the website either. :crazy:

Photo Travel makes no sense to me. Why waste all this time creating these cities and areas to take pictures in when they could be making actual race tracks in these places that would work just as well for taking photos?

Yes it does: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/tracks/#photo_travel

Racetracks are much bigger than the photomode locations, and they're also full of barriers and signs and stuff that obstructs the scenery.

I cannot understand the reason for the removal of GT5's photomode locations. There just isn't any logical answer.
Even the GT4 locations could be tarted up a bit and included.
Hopefully they'll be included in a big update, but I'm not holding out much hope

I'm not into the photo mode either and I think there are lots more things that need to be done before even considering adding to photo mode.

Online game play, community features and such need to be at the top of the list.

Photo locations belong at the bottom of the list.

I'm not into the photo mode either and I think there are lots more things that need to be done before even considering adding to photo mode.

Online game play, community features and such need to be at the top of the list.

Photo locations belong at the bottom of the list.
The biggest point in here though is that the assets from GT5 are already modeled and could likely be simply dropped in. So why not?

Back