Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,286 comments
Got yet another Toby Keith CD today that I had been trying to find for a long time, about as long as the other one I posted above! When I found that CD I posted earlier, I noticed that the same seller also had this one available. However, I decided to wait on this one since the other was already pretty expensive and this one was of less importance to me. It was a good thing I did because he dropped the price on this one significantly by the time I was able to get it, so I guess patience really does pay off! :)

Now as far as why I got it, there's not much I can say about this one that I didn't already say about the one above. Which is good enough for me because this one was also a huge pain to track down.
IMG_2247.JPEG

IMG_2248.JPEG

Man, I feel lucky for finding not one, but 2 CDs I had been trying to find for so dang long, and knowing the search is finally over. This year is already shaping up to be a good one on the music side of things. 😎

Last edited:
20240411_174428.jpg

Felt like the right time to upgrade. My old Samsung S8 Plus has gotten me through multiple adventures in various countries, my final years through university, three different jobs, an accredited degree, to now working at two hospital campuses as well as a private clinic.

The new phone and set up will now take me through working in health care and possibly a journey in medical school :D

1712882602435.png

My recent steam pickups. I swear I find it more enjoyable purchasing them than actually playing them :lol:

My car has been dry on Screenwash for way to long so I finally bought some.
(My dad can't complain saying I don't spend money on looking after the car anymore, Atleast for a while) :lol:

I normally stay with Prestone for all my Coolant and Screenwash but my local Motor Factors only had this.
09b46bb6e2b9e3c3fb81ed07bc6643b9-4.jpg

Last edited:
It's the end of an era for my old frying pan, Peter II. It's been on its last legs for a while, and so I replaced it with a new one - Peter III.

E1467558-E4FE-4A1E-8566-A059E0E82EB8.jpeg

I've already used it and cooked sausages, a haggis slice and a fried egg to make a couple of breakfast rolls, and it passed the initial test with frying colours.

I bought this shirt online from some place called Royaura. I hadn't heard of them before, but I liked the shirt, so I bought it. Then I did a little research, and I may have wasted my money. The reviews of the website sound very scammy.
download.jpg

IMG_4207.jpeg

$4.25 a gallon
Never mind that I hit 93 and not 87, but this little Honda seems to really like the extra octanes. Floored it around for a while.

Last edited:
I've decided to get back into slot car racing but on a smaller scale this time. Four more to my fast growing collection.

View attachment 1347006

Our cat Penny loves them, and photo bombing.

View attachment 1347007
I didn't know that these still existed! I used to have a "Bathurst" set with a Shelby Cobra Daytona and Porsche 959 many years ago. I also got a Sauber C9 which I really liked, but having to set it up and pack it away again was soo annoying. I wish I could have a track permanently set up in my house. If only dad sold one of the couches in the playroom.

I didn't know that these still existed! I used to have a "Bathurst" set with a Shelby Cobra Daytona and Porsche 959 many years ago. I also got a Sauber C9 which I really liked, but having to set it up and pack it away again was soo annoying. I wish I could have a track permanently set up in my house. If only dad sold one of the couches in the playroom.
I only looked into because I used to have AFX stuff years ago when I was a kid, but more recently I had an Scalextric track which took up way too much room (14' x 8'). The steel framed and sheeted base dwarfed the table tennis table it sat on. Wifey said no way bucko to setting that back up.

My new one is set up on an 8' x 4' sheet that will be mounted to two engine stands so I can store it on it's edge, and with the benefit of being on wheels. It's amazing what you can fit on one sheet, 18.94 metres per lane on mine (without the chicane. I know this because the program I used is very accurate but didn't have the chicane in the track piece selection)... but I can't take credit for the track design, I found that on Facebook and just fudged it a bit to my liking.

Just in mockup stage to get a feel for it at the moment.
20240410_125114.jpg

I've also been tossing around the idea of building another layout on the under side too... and a drag strip... well the drag strip is pretty much a given seeing as I've already ordered these three.
s-l1600.jpg

You may be surprised at how much those cars would be worth these days too.

Latest Posts

Back