Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,345 comments
My protein powder does not contain any anabolic substances, its just plant protein. Thats why its so expensive, a lot of other powders are loaded with all kinds of crap, this one is clean.
True but it is the protein, plant based or from animals, that is the problem. Too much protein is, according to medical scientist, not healthy. But who know, maybe in the near future, the same medical scientist will claim the opposite.

True but it is the protein, plant based or from animals, that is the problem. Too much protein is, according to medical scientist, not healthy. But who know, maybe in the near future, the same medical scientist will claim the opposite.

Well, the reason I bought the protein in the first place is because I do not get enough protein through a sensible healthy diet. According calculators and many fitness professionals I need about 170 grams of protein a day, with my normal diet I'm lucky to get above 100.
Doing more than 10 hours total of strength training per week with significant protein deficit sure as hell is unhealthy, but so is a diet that is mainly consisting of meat to get the protein. So the powder should actually help me improve my health.

Of course, too much anything is unhealthy, I'm carefully measuring my intake, its not like I eat the powder with an excavator bucket and a giant funnel. :dopey:

Last edited:
Just ordered a Samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd.
Pdpgallery-mz-75e500b-am-600x600-C2-052016.jpg

Ordered the boxset of Games Thrones books off eBay on the 2nd, seller sent it on the 4th, then it proceeded to sit around a postage facility outside of Melbourne for the next 8 days. Good old Australia Post. :rolleyes: Anyway it finally turned up today.

DSC01366.JPG

TB
A PS2 game for $67?!? Ouch.

It's understandable though. Def Jam games don't sell that often because they are good wrestling / fighting games made by one of the old guard of Japanese wrestling game developers in AKI, I think is how it is.

I've seen worse for expensive PS2 games. Though FFNY is definitely up there in terms of price.

It's understandable though. Def Jam games don't sell that often because they are good wrestling / fighting games made by one of the old guard of Japanese wrestling game developers in AKI, I think is how it is.

I've seen worse for expensive PS2 games. Though FFNY is definitely up there in terms of price.

That's crazy. Over here in the PAL regions that game is worth like £10 (call it $8) max, but you could probably find it even cheaper for less at charity shops / car boot sales since it's not that uncommon.

Then again, I've noticed the cost and rarity of a lot of games differ massively depending on where you're at. For example, the Futurama game for the original Xbox is like $50, but over here it's equivalent to about £6 usually. Conversely, some crappy SeaWorld game on the GameCube typically sells for close to around £100 here, whereas in the states it's literally like two bucks on eBay!

That's crazy. Over here in the PAL regions that game is worth like £10 (call it $8) max, but you could probably find it even cheaper for less at charity shops / car boot sales since it's not that uncommon.

Then again, I've noticed the cost and rarity of a lot of games differ massively depending on where you're at. For example, the Futurama game for the original Xbox is like $50, but over here it's equivalent to about £6 usually. Conversely, some crappy SeaWorld game on the GameCube typically sells for close to around £100 here, whereas in the states it's literally like two bucks on eBay!

FWIW, this game in Canadian is probably around $40-45 before taxes American, so take that into account too. I don't think it's the case of being a limited print run game - it's made by EA after all! - but again, it's reputation precedes it, and not many copies go up for sale.

For reference, I decided to look at AKI's other notable wrestling game in WWF No Mercy for N64, and for the most part, the average price is around $20-25 Canadian for the carts, and shoots up to about 60-65 Canadian average if it's complete and in boxed.

Should also note that one of my favorite games as a child growing up: Test Drive Eve of Destruction (Or Driven to Destruction as you Europeans know it is) I bought new at launch back in 2004. Now, imagine my shock when I saw that copies were going for a minimum of $45 Canadian for the Xbox version on eBay?

It really depends on the popularity / rarity in a given country. For example what might suit UK/US/Japanese tastes will be cheap and plentiful in one territory and hard to get hold of in another. Most used PS2 games can be had between the £2-£5 range.

It really depends on the popularity / rarity in a given country. For example what might suit UK/US/Japanese tastes will be cheap and plentiful in one territory and hard to get hold of in another. Most used PS2 games over here can be had between the £2-£5 range.

Exactly it. I think definitely, Def Jam FFNY will definitely be more popular in North America - considering it is dealing with rap and wrestling - then it might be in PAL regions, etc. It also helps, as i've been saying, to be a very good and competent game that is still getting played today probably. Also has to do with how the print of copies was, though again, I have a hard time believing that EA would do a limited run of copies for a game like FFNY.

It really depends on the popularity / rarity in a given country. For example what might suit UK/US/Japanese tastes will be cheap and plentiful in one territory and hard to get hold of in another. Most used PS2 games can be had between the £2-£5 range.

Very true; RPGs are literally pennies on Japanese eBay stores on any system since they're so popular, where as they tend to be the hardest to source and most expensive second hand over here and in America.

It also helps, as i've been saying, to be a very good and competent game that is still getting played today probably. Also has to do with how the print of copies was, though again, I have a hard time believing that EA would do a limited run of copies for a game like FFNY.

The copy you've bought is a Greatest Hits, which suggests it did well enough (on PS2 at least) to sell over a million, so I also doubt it's a limited print game. More likely that it is just sought after as you say. The same applies to Mario / Zelda games on Nintendo systems; not rare at, but they're games people want so the prices rise.

Very true; RPGs are literally pennies on Japanese eBay stores on any system since they're so popular, where as they tend to be the hardest to source and most expensive second hand over here and in America.

The copy you've bought is a Greatest Hits, which suggests it did well enough (on PS2 at least) to sell over a million, so I also doubt it's a limited print game. More likely that it is just sought after as you say. The same applies to Mario / Zelda games on Nintendo systems; not rare at, but they're games people want so the prices rise.

Exactly, though Wikipedia says that to be a Greatest Hits title, you needed to be out for 9 months and have sold around 400,000 copies, so I guess both Vendetta and Fight for NY hit that mark.

Screenshot_20170919-025200-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20170919-025230-01.jpeg

From Simon Stalenhag.

His Kickstarter campaign was already over but he repopened it today (through a diff platform) for some extra people to get the chance to order the book.

I jumped in.

If anyone wants details, go to his Facebook page.

I saw the kickstarter linked recently on FB but didn't investigate. I'm wishing I had now.

Things from the Flood is amazing and I'm sure anything new from Simon is going to be up to his amazing standards. His works are perfect coffee table books.

His art is unparalleled indeed.

You can still do it. :)

Here

Velco cable wraps and ammo boxes. The idea is to use the cable wraps to keep my ratchet straps nicely packed and then put them in the ammo boxes, which will then be put into a toolbox that I hope to get for in the bed of my future truck. I just can't be bothered to deal with a hellfire of a ball of tangled ratchet straps. :lol:

20170921_230622.jpg
20170921_230555.jpg

f0980810fd1cb05b25c7f9089e40507a.png

Visiting someone I met in 2008 on FM2 then taking a train to Paris.

Can't believe I'm actually doing this. Funny thing is that it's in the middle of a school week the week before Thanksgiving.

Smoke 'em while you got 'em, I guess.

Back