Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,339 comments
Bought a safety squat bar. last time I did 200kg barbell squats with the normal straight bar my shoulder started to complain. The safety bar is easier on the shoulders and is more comfortable to press, allowing me to use more weight and target the legs harder.

This is a squat safety bar, with the handles on each side of your neck you don't have to rotate the arms all the way back to hold onto the bar like you have to with a conventional bar, you can comfortably hold it like a backpack with straps.

hfMUW09.jpg

got 2 classic controller packs to go with it.
FYI - if you already have a PS4, the DS4 connects with a little bit of (fairly) simple setup. 👍

I looked at USB based controllers but since I was planning on putting the Pie in the theater room, wireless obviously works much, much better.

If you need any help, feel free to ask. I had a couple of issues but it's pretty straightforward. Enjoy!

Not you, if that is what you think. The fitness is full of these teenagers, skinny, not muscular at all and they look up to the bodybuilders. These teenagers take these shakes as well.

/end explanation.

Not you, if that is what you think. The fitness is full of these teenagers, skinny, not muscular at all and they look up to the bodybuilders. These teenagers take these shakes as well.

/end explanation.
Ah, that is what you mean - yeah I agree. Most people that start lifting nowadays instantly collapse into super dense black holes that suck in boundless amounts of protein, long before they even master basic form or start to lift remotely heavy weights. Guess people think its some magic powder. I started pretty late in my lifting ''career' with eating protein powder, having taken it a little over one year it increased my strength in some lifts by about 5-10% or so, or it helped me to get out one more repetition. It only compliments a good diet and helps a tiny bit.

Ah, that is what you mean - yeah I agree. Most people that start lifting nowadays instantly collapse into super dense black holes that suck in boundless amounts of protein, long before they even master basic form or start to lift remotely heavy weights. Guess people think its some magic powder. I started pretty late in my lifting ''career' with eating protein powder, having taken it a little over one year it increased my strength in some lifts by about 5-10% or so, or it helped me to get out one more repetition. It only compliments a good diet and helps a tiny bit.

Want gains? Try a paracetamol. I kid you not, it boosts performance and increases gains.

That sentence sounds like an ad for erection pills with the word paracetamol in the place of some hardener drug lol.

Want gains? Try a paracetamol. I kid you not, it boosts performance and increases gains.

That sentence sounds like an ad for erection pills with the word paracetamol in the place of some hardener drug lol.
Damn you, I actually had to google that!

Fun fact - once I had to lift weights while having simple Ibuprofen in my system (thanks, headache) and boy, I could lift harder than ever before.
Makes you realize how drugged up athletes are nowadays, steroids, painkillers and also cortisone and insulin. Professional sports really suck nowadays. :crazy:

Seriously off topic. :ouch:

Too bad antidepressant has the opposite effect. It really does.

I would disagree. The motivation I get from my meds is powerful enough for me to will the extra effort out of my body.

I would disagree. The motivation I get from my meds is powerful enough for me to will the extra effort out of my body.
In my case, the side effects are so severe that my muscle are always hurting, they feel like I have some kind of restrictive tight suit on. Every time I take antidepressant for a long period of time, I get tendinitis (have it right now in both my elbows). When I take a high dosage, I can lift much less weights due to severe acidification of my muscles. Also, I lose all speed in my muscles. So, yes, antidepressant has the opposite effect.
BTW, motivation (due to the increase of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine) is a huge difference compared to physical side effects. So, I have to disagree.

No right or wrong answer here, each person will react differently.
Exactly.

Just got some 18 AWG wire and some XT-60 Connectors with shrink wrap today. I am slowly but surely getting into the world of modding electronic Nerf blasters and I intend to use these for that purpose. Me and my brother have two blasters that were ruined by battery acid and I will probably start there. I still have to wait on some micro switches to arrive though.
IMG_2627[1].JPG

Also got Shania Twain's first studio album and her next one released afterwards "The Woman in Me". Been a fan of her since I was a small child, heck I can still remember when "Man I Feel Like A Woman" was fairly new, it was my favorite song! Though I could've just bought these on iTunes, I went with this because I highly prefer having physical copy's over digital any day.
IMG_2628[1].JPG

Don't get me wrong, I am glad to have both of these albums, but I am pretty gutted I got original version of "The Woman In Me" and not the International Version which has all the songs from the original and a few more. Didn't realize it until afterwards. :banghead:

Last edited:
My PC only came with a 256GB SSD so I needed some more storage room so I can have more than a couple games at a time. Decided to go the overkill route.

51GbrAAvHxL.jpg

Next is more RAM, that's not a priority though.

Nonsense, 4 TB is a reasonable amount. Heck, 8 TB is also normal.

Back