Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
@Touring Mars excellent films. We own all of them too, including the none but linked to the studio films & TV.
I'm hoping to get them today so I can watch them over the weekend - they are out for delivery, but I'm getting them sent to my work address - so if they don't show up before about 4 pm, I won't get them until Monday! Given that they were estimated to arrive on Saturday, I won't be too disappointed if I don't get them today, but it would be great if I did!

edit: Got them :D

Last edited:
I finally decided to buy COD MW1 Remastered last week. I didn't realize until a month ago that they were selling it on its own. Whoops.
The fact it was only sold with Infinite Warfare at launch was what put me off from getting it. It's as fun to play as the original and just like the original; I suck at it. I'm glad that I got it since I can't enjoy the multiplayer mode on the original anymore due to people ruining it with their stupid mods.
65356abb-7665-401d-8017-6815b25fe2dd_1.99c78934b40e84f00c5c4685ac8b869c.jpeg

My trusty old Troy-Bilt's engine seized from an unexpected lubrication deficiency earlier in the week, luckily it was a good week for sales on new mowers. Picked up a new Toro for a reasonable price.

toro-self-propelled-lawn-mowers-20339-44_1000.jpg

Some complaints, but overall an upgrade. Cuts better and has a bit more power despite a nearly 30cc smaller engine compared to my old one.

Not sure if it's an illusion but the saddle looks to be on an angle which wants to have you slide of the back.
Never ends well.
Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed but it does explain my lower back pain today.

Well budget HiFi shopping has taken place. Due to the move I’ve had to rethink my HiFi. At this time money restrictions have limited what to get. So more money on a Phono Amp & Rack with a view to upgrade the cables later down the line. However I did need some longer lengths of Speaker Cable and a new Interconnect. So I picked these up this morning.

*not my photos - these will come once I’ve got them all in situ.

092716B6-5C00-4193-A64C-3DFB551AE1F1.jpeg

Atacama Evoque Evo 40-60 in Natural Bamboo. Picked up as seen here with three shelves and base shelf.

F9ABD075-93D4-47CB-AA5D-9D4D4F85232C.jpeg

Chord C-Line interconnect. Basic 1m cable for Phono Amp to Main Amp.

5CDC4590-A149-425C-B619-BDDF7F7F4A78.jpeg

Chord Clearway Speaker Cable. I’ll miss my Chord Silverscreen runs but this will be an audio upgrade. 4m lengths which I’ll terminate as seen above.

(Edit)

Well I was contacted to say the runs of Clearway cable was out of stock. They offered QED equivalent but I turned it down. I’ve now upgraded to the Rumour 2 cable with same length runs.

80F1D5FC-5E77-4973-A383-780EF972555C.jpeg

2FE844AC-716F-4CE3-A4E8-0E614150CBA6.jpeg

Communicator Gram Amp 2. A well regarded basic phono stage which has been tried and tested for a lot of years. I was going to try the Schiit Mani but it’s sold out at the UK distrobutor so I decided to got British.

Also some of these arrived so my spikes don’t kill the wooden floor.

F9884040-5390-4653-8A69-4CF70E4A4DFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, preordered.

Also bought my ticket to see The Incredibles 2 on opening night. 11:20 PM show to hopefully minimize the amount of brats there. :P

I wanted a pair of over the ear Bluetooth headphones that could also use a 3.5mm cable and this one was on sale.

277221.jpg

Took advantage of that 20% off coupon on eBay and picked up a muffler. For whatever reason, companies want $1,500 for an exhaust system for the S60. After scouting around, apparently, this $289 muffler is what almost all of them use. So I'll have an exhaust shop weld this in and just hack off the resonator and put a cheater pipe in its place.

40477_xlarge.jpg

Bought Ghost's latest album sheer minutes after it released. Can't recommend the band enough. They're kind of odd to begin with, but man, do they sound good.

857vao72zkr01.jpg

Bought my first desktop, hastily assembled at the dining room table while I'm in the process of getting a desk:

IMAG0006.jpg

Acer Predator G3-710 with an i7-7700, 16GB RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB.

Also got the 24" Predator 144Hz monitor.

Yes it's a "consumer" gaming PC but it's got plenty enough power for what I need and I won't need to upgrade for a while. Plus I got it for a really good price.

Got a bonus in my paycheck today that I wasn't expecting. Said screw it and went ahead and ordered a set of wheels for my car.

5-108 18x8 ET40 Fast CO FC04 wheels. They're coming out of a Canada, so I'm guessing they'll take a few days to clear customs (assuming Trump doesn't think wheels are a threat to national security :lol: ). They're flow formed so I'm not really worried about their strength and anything is better than my bent, curb rashed OEM wheels.

fc04_03_2_2.jpg

And this is about how they'll look on my car

V-1.jpg.jpg

Back