Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,343 comments
$12 on a LONG overdue car wash.

20210222_203955.jpg

Just in time for it to rain/snow today. :lol:

Back in September, I decided to grab a nice deal on the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: 3 years for around 67EUR (total price).

I never had an Xbox, but the deal was too good to pass up, and whatever happened I thought it was a decent value for the Cloud gaming service alone (which I've been using).

Well, today I decided to give the next big step and finally bought an Xbox:

f8Ff0st.png

The Series X, of course.

So yeah, instant library of 100+ games, here I come!

My old Tivo Roamio is dying a slow death, and needs replacement. After looking at all my TV watching options, I decided to order this:

BoltplusFrontTop%20w-remote.png

Decided to take a chance on a used (refurbished) Tivo Bolt. While not the latest Tivo model, it will be quite an upgrade from my old one. Plus it came with the lifetime service plan free.

My old Tivo Roamio is dying a slow death, and needs replacement. After looking at all my TV watching options, I decided to order this:

BoltplusFrontTop%20w-remote.png

Decided to take a chance on a used (refurbished) Tivo Bolt. While not the latest Tivo model, it will be quite an upgrade from my old one. Plus it came with the lifetime service plan free.
I don't know which Bolt that is (or which one I have (mine is white, if that matters)) but mine is working beautifully.

And since I was able to transfer the lifetime service to it, I have no monthly fees any more.

Also, the TiVo Minis are great, too, if you have any need to play things on multiple TVs. :D

And you can stream recorded content to your phone, if you didn't already know.

I got my usual assortment of silver age (digital) comics, plus the last seven issues of the recently completed Hawkman series.

I picked up this Seattle Mariners shirt (that’s our professional baseball team for any baseball-deprived non-American friends out there.) It’s a $70 shirt that I got for $25. It’s for my dad’s memorial service tomorrow. It’s Mariners-themed. My dad was a retired Boeing engineer, but he spent the last thirty years of his life working for the Mariners. It was a part-time job but he loved it. He ran the media elevator for the final few years. The Mariners have agreed to scatter some of his remains behind home plate. It’s an honor he would have loved.

Last edited:
TB
I don't know which Bolt that is (or which one I have (mine is white, if that matters)) but mine is working beautifully.

And since I was able to transfer the lifetime service to it, I have no monthly fees any more.

Also, the TiVo Minis are great, too, if you have any need to play things on multiple TVs. :D

And you can stream recorded content to your phone, if you didn't already know.

I ordered the 1TB version for cable. No mention of color, but I assume it is black. My Roamio worked great until recently, but now I'm getting error messages and it will lose internet connection every now and then and force me to restart. It still works fine as a DVR though, so I can watch and record TV.

I had a monthly plan on the Roamio as I wasn't sure how long I would keep it, so having no payments with the Bolt is a big plus.

I have an older mini on my upstairs tv, it's useless now since the Roamio's internet connection is so spotty. I may upgrade that later.

I don't watch much content on my phone, but that is good to know. Having the extra 2 tuners (6 on the Bolt I ordered), plus 4K capability (that my old one didn't have) will be nice.

I grabbed one of these this week, just before their stock on 3080s went out. So now with my PS5DE, I've got next-gen stuff.

Jerome
I've got a Skytech Blaze II, as you may have seen in this thread. I have zero complaints. Hope it does you well. 👍

Impulse purchases of the week. Metro 2035 paperback. I really enjoyed the first book, the second was decent. Figured it was about time I gave the third one a shot.

51Y-B5KVppL.jpg

And a Tomb Raider Funko.

lara-croft2.png

Our DeLonghi broke after 18 years service, so a new espresso machine and grinder was called for.

View attachment 991619

Thought I would give you a little time to get used to the machine before asking how are you finding it? I had it on my short list when buying my current machine which I don't regret doing in the slightest but am interested in your thoughts on the Gaggia as it gets great reviews.

Either way nice to see another here with a penchant for fresh espresso, I recall a coffee thread here on GTP but it was never that popular.

Back in September, I decided to grab a nice deal on the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: 3 years for around 67EUR (total price).

I never had an Xbox, but the deal was too good to pass up, and whatever happened I thought it was a decent value for the Cloud gaming service alone (which I've been using).

Well, today I decided to give the next big step and finally bought an Xbox:

f8Ff0st.png

The Series X, of course.

So yeah, instant library of 100+ games, here I come!

In a similar boat here buying a Series X just before Xmas on a whim without ever being in the Xbox ecosystem before.

You're going to enjoy the availability of good games on games pass ultimate for sure. 👍

Last edited:
Thought I would give you a little time to get used to the machine before asking how are you finding it? I had it on my short list when buying my current machine which I don't regret doing in the slightest but am interested in your thoughts on the Gaggia as it gets great reviews.

Either way nice to see another here with a penchant for fresh espresso, I recall a coffee thread here on GTP but it was never that popular.
It's great, working very well for me and it's allowed me to pull some great shots out of it.

Interestingly it was on my final short-list of two (the other being a Sage), I went for the Gaggia in the end based more on the design and I liked the fact they had moved production of the classic back to Italy and re-spec'd the machines back to the old versions build.

It's great, working very well for me and it's allowed me to pull some great shots out of it.

Great to hear, from all accounts that I've heard it's also reliable and will serve you well. 👍

Interestingly it was on my final short-list of two (the other being a Sage), I went for the Gaggia in the end based more on the design and I liked the fact they had moved production of the classic back to Italy and re-spec'd the machines back to the old versions build.

I'm pretty sure the company you guys call Sage we call Breville, was it the Dual Boiler you had short listed?
If so I think the Gaggia is the better option as a previous owner of a Dual Boiler.

I'm pretty sure the company you guys call Sage we call Breville, was it the Dual Boiler you had short listed?
If so I think the Gaggia is the better option as a previous owner of a Dual Boiler.

Sage here is indeed Breville elsewhere in the world. Although oddly we also get Breville appliances as well.

2008 Ram 3500, otherwise now known to me and my dad as "The BFT."

Used with 223k mileage. Got it for a bit under book value. Will mostly be used for hauling the camper.

I drove it yesterday and it feels bigger than the small dump trucks I used to drive for work. Yeesh!

20210224_171746.jpg

I grabbed one of these this week, just before their stock on 3080s went out. So now with my PS5DE, I've got next-gen stuff.

Jerome

At the least, I really want to upgrade my video card. I have pretty much resigned myself that it is going to be some time before I can.

This mouse is pretty nice :D Steel Series Rival 3

71XsjHH0O8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I never knew how much I'd need a monitor stand. Saves my neck and back.

623583_110452_03_front_zoom.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Wireless mice are the way to go. I have used several over the last several years.

I have also only recently learned about the benefit of a monitor stand. I have one at the office and it is great for the 24" monitor on it. It puts the top of that monitor about even with my main 32" monitor. I probably need to get the 32" up higher than it is.

In a similar boat here buying a Series X just before Xmas on a whim without ever being in the Xbox ecosystem before.

You're going to enjoy the availability of good games on games pass ultimate for sure. 👍

We do not have the counter space for an expresso machine, but I would like one.

I need to look into the Game Pass. And also make a better effort to play the huge backlog of Steam games.

I went through the list of Game Pass games currently available and shortlisted the ones I wanted to give a try. Easily came up with a list 30+ games.

Oxenfree
The Falconeer
Wreckfest
Dirt 5
Elite Dangerous
The Medium
Final Fantasy (which one?)
Yakuza (which one?)
NieR:Automata™
SOULCALIBUR VI
Streets of Rage 4
Forza Horizon 4