Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,315 comments
Just some coffee stuff.

Scales as my previous set had died a slow death.

7ff99e5236ecd939477e5f8a7c2aae1075bb807d.png

Espresso Machine Cleaner to look after your investment.

2632063.jpg

And some beans from my local roaster, this is off the charts flavour wise to my liking anyway.
Each sip release more of a Mandarin flavour.

I picked a few more comics than usual this week. Almost all of them are just $1.99, and a lot are the final issues of their respective series. Got a new RiffTrax. It’s good old fashioned 1950s sci-fi silliness. Finally I got a Wonder Woman tin sign. 12.5x16 inches. It will go next to my Detective Comics #27 tin sign of the same size. I’m leaving room for Action Comics #1 when I get around to buying it.

TB
I have some candles and spray that is patchouli and frankincense that I LOVE. I've never tried incense, though.

We tend to burn incense because we have high ceilings and it smells a little stronger than anything else. Plus my parents are old hippie types so I grew up with incense burning all the time, in fact my dad used to wear Patchouli oil in his long hair and all over his denim jacket.

It can be messy and if you buy really rubbish stuff can just smell of burning wood more than the incense.

A pair of small metal snips, tweezers and matt varnish for modelling jobs. A can of butane to refuel my lighters. A 10mm scale laser cut house set. Other random junk that I needed for wargaming models like paint and glue.

The top five rows are digital comics bought from ComiXology. The bottom row is physical books bought at my local Half-Price Books and Barnes and Noble. ComiXology had a sale on Silver Age DC comics, just 99¢ each, so I finished out my Hawkman and Doom Patrol collections. New Valkyrie (starring Jane Foster) and Silk comics make me happy.

More spray paint; white and grey matt for undercoating models and a few more laser cut house models to build to keep me busy.

Dark Souls III is discounted at the moment on the Playstation store, so I picked up that and because I'm apparently a sucker for punishment, Bloodborne: Game of the Year edition as well. $38 for both is a pretty good deal me thinks.

My best friend will be celebrating his 57th birthday on the 25th. I’m pretty bad at birthdays, but I think I’ve found the perfect gift for him. First you need to know he is a huge NASA space race nerd. Second, the From the Earth to the Moon miniseries is a favorite of his. If you haven’t seen it, watch this short clip from the Apollo 12 episode, in which a sudden series of failures right after launch nearly causes the flight to abort.

That flight engineer, John Aaron, had witnessed a group of engineers doing a simulation that caused the same sort of “squirrelly numbers” as he called it. Instead of saying “Huh. That’s weird”, he sought out the North American Aviation tech on site and they worked through the electrical grid until they discovered that setting “SCE to Aux” would reset everything and get them good telemetry again. He was, quite literally, the only person in Mission Control who knew that.

I told you that story so I could tell you this story.

There is a company that sells functioning SCE switches.

This is the single switch and it’s $39.99. It also comes in two-, three-, and four-switch panels. They’re all fully functioning three-position toggle switches. I got the single. I hope it arrives in time. I know he’s going to love it.

I've just bought a lot of things for my car.

Dynamat lining - I found out where a huge leak was coming through and I'm going to rip up some soggy disgusting insulation and replace it with that.

dyc-11103_w.jpg

A sunroof seal to make sure it leaks no further. I've had to clean the drainage holes to the sunroof. So clogged up. This should do, for now.

srsinner1.jpg

Stainless steel brake cables.

por1000-2.jpg

Sebro slotted front rotors. I had to re-purchase these after canceling an order a while back. So glad to have got them.

909381c_1.jpg

Dansk Exhaust - the exhaust on mine is rusting away. This is supposedly a very nice sounding one.

129423.jpg

Last edited:
Back