Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,343 comments
Seriously nice bike, how is it to ride? I rode my brother's Hightower 2 recently and rented a V10 at a bike park. Very impressed by Santa Cruz bikes, just can't afford one myself. :lol:

I've only taken it to my local bike park where it was actually slower on most trails (they're mostly jump based) due to my old bike being a hardtail designed for gravity lines rather than general riding, but for things like drop offs and rock gardens it's miles ahead of anything else I've ridden. Even compared to the Marin full suspension bike I rented a few weeks ago it's just overall more pleasant to ride and the suspension feels very plush in comparison. I've already managed to conquer 2 of the bigger drops that previously worried me so it's definitely good for my confidence too! I can't wait to get out on it and do some more serious miles cross-country as I think this is where it will really shine.

Speaking of shining I've had a few compliments on the paint job while at the bike park too which was nice! When the sun comes out and hits the top of the frame it really shows off the pearlescent effect.

I also, bizarrely, bumped into the guy from my local bike shop who built it while I was out on the trails. It's a small world!

Last edited:
More of my Ebbro 1/43 scale models that came in the mail.

A couple days ago was this, the 1995 Johnson Wax Skyline. Yeah, I made a mistake and though it was a 1998 from first glance. Nope, it's a 1995 JGTC car, which means I probably already had a clear set of 1998 JGTC Skylines. That's fine, this means I have a start for the 1995 JGTC Skylines. and the 1995 Denso Supra I bought is no longer the only JGTC car I have from that year. The livery looks great!
20230525_142630.jpg

and what I've been waiting for in the past 2 weeks! My Castrol Tom's Supra has finally come in the mail, I'm so happy to have one!
20230525_142712.jpg

and I took a picture of it with the other 2000 JGTC Supras I collected.
20230525_143318.jpg

I have one more JGTC car to wait for in the mail and then I'm pausing on collecting these for a while.

Last edited:
I've got a gift card from work so I figured I would improve on my casual shoes. I've had a pair of Skechers slip ons for about 3 years now but as I'm getting older sometimes bending over to slip them on can get a little unsteady. I've seen the ads for the Slip Ins and liked the looks of them and since I had free money I thought I would pick a pair up.

There's a Skechers factory outlet store less than a mile where I work so last week I thought I would just hop down there and get a pair. Easy right? Not quite. I got down there and walked around the store and I didn't see any Slip Ins. I had to be just overlooking them. Being the FACTORY outlet store there had to be some there. So I went up to the desk and asked where they were and the lady told me they didn't have any. BUT, the Academy Sports store about 10 minutes away supposedly had some. If they didn't the only Skechers store she knew had some was in Murfreesboro, TN which is about 100 miles away. Huh?!?! Turns out these shoes are pretty hot and hard to find. At least around here. I told her it was odd that her store as a factory store didn't have any but a regular sporting goods store had some. She said she had complained to Skechers about that and hopefully they would be getting some in a few weeks.

Skechers Slip Ins apparently are to us old farts the same as some new cool Air Jordans are to a teenager.

Anyway Academy had some but very few at least on display but I did get some.

20230525_001856.jpg

Not exactly the style or color I wanted. I would have rather had the Max Cushioning ones in Royal Blue instead of Navy but they are still comfortable and much easier to put on. Plus they're free so it's a win, win. The next thing I'm going after is some new sunglasses for the beach and pool.

So I recently learned that my local college was offering $300 Master Cards for people who take these field tests, which are intended to help people decide on what needs to be changed with the tests they regularly give out to people there. So naturally, I took advantage of this and got my card the other day.

So I got this 8TB external HDD:
IMG_1607(1).JPEG

And it works!
IMG_1608(1).JPEG

I got this one because I wanted to have a drive to keep all of my games on and by all, I literally mean ALL! Although Xbox Dev Mode is my biggest reason, I intend to use it on my PC as well and maybe even my PS3 and Wii if I can get it to work. I'll probably put shows and movies on it too since I have a bit of a growing interest in watching them on my Xbox these days. Of course, I am aware if I want to copy Xbox games to it, it requires formatting, but fortunately theirs a program out there that allows me to switch between Xbox and PC mode for it quite easily.

I've already tested it on both my Xbox and PC and I also tested the aforementioned program and it's working really well! I got my Steam installation copying as we speak. It's going to be great having all of my games in one place and having a ton of space to keep them all as well. Now I can declutter my portable HDD a bit more!

On another note, this external HDD also came with a free month of Xbox Game Pass! Never tried it before, but I've heard good things about it and I am quite interested to see what it is! Probably won't use it anytime soon since I have plans on what I am going to be playing soon, but I'll try it eventually.

So I recently learned that my local college was offering $300 Master Cards for people who take these field tests, which are intended to help people decide on what needs to be changed with the tests they regularly give out to people there. So naturally, I took advantage of this and got my card the other day.
So I mentioned this earlier and since I had money left over, I decided to get this:
IMG_1612.JPEG

And it seems to work!
IMG_1613.JPEG

Yep, a Cronus Zen! :dopey: I've had my mind on this for quite some time now and I mainly wanted to get it so I could use my DS4 on my Xbox. I actually don't typically mind the Series X controller as much as I thought I would, but the moment I try to play Crash or Spyro on it, it feels pretty awkward. I believe the reason for this is because I played them a lot as a kid and have a lot of muscle memory associated with them. I often found myself reaching for the upper left portion of the controller where the d-pad would be on the Playstation controller, only to realize it was not there and I generally did worse. Hopefully, now that won't be a problem anymore.

Of course, I say all that, but being able to use it on PC is something I have been thinking about even more lately. Knowing I won't need to keep my controller plugged in just to use it on games is something I am really looking forward to. I have considered plugging my laptop into my TV again and try playing games on it again since I have a better setup now and having this device will make things easier.

I have to admit, I have not looked into the scripts and controller mods they have much at all, but it does have me curious and I feel like it may be something I didn't know I needed once I try it out. If not, at least the option is there if I ever need it! :) Haven't tested any of my controllers on it yet, but I will sometime soon. Should be interesting! :D

Figured it's time I give Fire & Blood a read. Also got the 20th Anniversary of Linkin Park's Meteora album. Totally doesn't make me feel freakin old, buying an anniversary edition of an album I originally bought in my late teens. Probably.

y648.jpg
Wait for the random body horror bit with
Aerea Targaryen
🤘

I’ve listened to a few tracks. How does it stack up against Hardwired…?
It's much better. If you've been through some rough times and had mental health troubles you'll be able to connect with it very well. I have after some dark days at the start of the year.

Last edited:
It's much better. If you've been through some rough times and had mental health troubles you'll be able to connect with it very well. I have after some dark days at the start of the year.
Metallica is audio therapy.
I tried to stream it on my drive home but wifey was having none of it lol.

Master of Puppets pretty well sums up my addiction (alcohol, not coke).

Last edited:
Back