Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,317 comments
Two days ago i made a combo buy.

An used ASUS 1070 GTX Turbo, from a coworker, because he got an 1080, and GT Sport Collectors Edition.

s-l400.jpg

Not really a purchase, got a replacement dust sensor for a Samsung vacuum which broke. Impressed how quickly it got sent, from Netherlands to UK within 24 hours by DHL.

Samsung Vacuum Dust Sensor.jpg

Got the "all-new design" iPhone 8 today, can't see much visual difference compared to the 7 myself.

iPhone 7 - 8 01.jpg

iPhone 7 - 8 02.jpg

700233016-RTP-global-001

A new Philips LED desk lamp, my old one had some wiring (or just electromagnetic?) issues where my Asus monitor would go blank for a for moment when I turned it on. :lol: This was the only lamp with LED build-in that I didn't find totally ugly nor way too expensive. :dopey:

One of these for my 8460 Crane set.

4189323.jpg

2 of these for the 8868 Truck set.

4211499.jpg

2 of these to replace discoloured tiles.

Lego-415001-4150-1x-White-2x2-Round-Flat-Tile_1.jpg

And one of these to replace the one I broke.

2793c01.jpg

Recap of 10 days' worth of purchases.

20171027_155812.jpg

FE: Warriors Special Edition (gamecase is on the right, did not buy it twice), Super Mario Odyssey, the Wedding Bowser, Chrom, and Tiki amiibo, and the steelbook case of the GT Sport Limited Edition.

The thing in the back is this guy...
20171027_155835.jpg

Older purchase I never posted. I think it's the only amiibo with poseable arms as well.

Last edited:
Had a store voucher that I was hanging onto until I really actually needed something.
It was due to run out soonish so I was kind of put in a corner where I needed to spend it, that being the case I got these which cost me not too much including the voucher. My current headphones still work ok so they will become my travel/throw in my bag set.

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless.
The wireless part will be handy when I'm not too bothered about quality ie from my phone but having the ability to also be wired was a must.

sennheiser-momentum-kit-1500x1000.jpg

Wow, I have made quite a number of purchases since my last post here. Instead of dumping a whole bunch of pictures in one post, I think I'll space them out every day or something like that; I don't know I'll figure it out. :)

DSC01768.JPG

Casio Exilim EX-FH20, high speed camera.

Saw this whilst browsing Amazon like I usually do and spotted this gem, able to capture 1000fps video. I don't ever use that high framerate though, because the resolution is really crap (I think like 56 pixels high?). The 210fps video is alright, so I use that instead. It's a 9.3MP sensor, so still shots are okay. An interesting thing that it's also capable of is taking 10fps pictures with xenon flash, which is pretty cool. I haven't found a use for it yet, but at least the potential is there.

Not bad for ≈$100

Finally bought a subscription to netflix again (it's been like 3 or 4 years since I was a member)... Just couldn't resist knowing that I'd never seen stranger things and now season two is out?! Plus I've been interested in watch Castlevania.

Ok, as people here already started showing of their GT Sport DualShocks, I think why not to show off mine?
ds4gts_by_sirius_r-dbsl3dm.png

No, it's a 100% genuine Sony product, I sware on me mum.

It indeed is, I just happened to also own a Wave Blue DS4. Kinda a good thing, because the original shell's quality was horrible, and I'm not a fan of finishes that are gonna wear out with time (the one I've got had some marks on the right handle where the metallic finish already started to wear off). So I ended up swapping their shells.
So yeah, it's a GT Sport DS4 with the Wave Blue shell. Kinda feels nice to own something you don't normally get on the market but, at the same time, has no parts that weren't produced by the original manufacturer. Some sort of DIY DS4 Design Lab, lol.

speaker.gif
speaker2.gif

Sony SRS-XB40. Got this Bluetooth speaker a while ago. Supposedly it's water resistant, but I'm not up to test that. As you can see in the gif, it has optional 'trance' lights that are supposed to flash and pulse along to the beat of the music. It works I'd say about 70% of the time. With easily distinguished beats like 80's pop and current house music, it's pretty solid except for maybe falling behind after a bit. Although with slower, more acoustic songs, it has trouble establishing a rhythm. It has very nice bass, with the "Extra Bass" button up top. The overall range is fine, although in the top volumes the bass is somewhat overpowered by the midtones. It manages decent battery life, but the voice reminder to charge it is unnecessary. It also has the ability to connect to other XB40's in a daisy chain fashion for more immersive sound, however I only have one so I can't critique that.

Overall, it's a great speaker and would recommend it for those looking for portable audio with deep bass under $~150*.

*(price from Amazon)

Last edited:
Back