Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
p3203_big.jpg

Very nice ticket. Most I've won is like $30 but that's only betting 2 games with $5-10. Over $200 profit is a pretty nice payday.
I don't play all that often either, only when I get a strong gut feeling. My last winning ticket was Labour Day weekend, sweeping all four CFL games and even attending one of them. And hey, a win's a win. Whether $20 or $200, if you made profit its a good day 👍

GTA 3: 10th anniversary for iOS.

Road Inc. for iPad, 50 cars all modelled in 3D with digital brochures, adverts and sounds... :drool:

Just ordered a Lenovo (used to be IBM) Thinkpad Edge E525 laptop. Yes, its more business orientated, reason why I wanted something like this is I hate the consumer line of laptops being too shiny shiny plastic and kinda flimsy. I wanted something relatively durable.

Before the deal that they had on the website, the total specified price for it was £890. This includes:

AMD A8-3500M Processor
6 GB RAM
320 GB HDD
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Win7 Home edition
15.6 HD screen (really, its 1366x786 or something weird like that)

Well, IBM must have been wanting to get rid of this rather nice stock, as they were selling them for basically 450 quid less than the advertised price, to about £435. Then on top of that, they offered a eCoupon of £50 off final price after VAT. Which brings it to the final price of £388

£388 for an laptop with an AMD A8 processor?! Well, that's pretty much a solid gold bargain!

Needless to say, it was purchased. Now I just have to wait for the delivery, estimated 1-2 weeks of shipping with 3-6 days of delivery. Time to wait for February then.....

The deal is still available so far, the link leads to my original post in the Computer and Electronics area Link to get a laptop for a storming deal

Got bored ever since selling the porsche so I decided to buy another motorbike. Only 250cc's for the time being, Hopefully will be getting an R1 or S1000 RR in the near future.

gvObo.jpg

JwBVL.jpg

After having one of my high anxiety days I decided some retail therapy wouldn't go a miss. Wife went made when I rolled out the bike shop after dropping 3k on this little beauty.

15.jpg

Giant OCR35000 2010 (Mine is in blue, not white.)

Color- WHITE/BLUE
Frame - GIANT ALUXX
Fork- ALLOY
Shock- N/A
Handlebar- ALLOY
Handlebar stem- ALLOY
Seatpost- ALLOY 30.8
Saddle- VL1017A
Pedals- LU955
Shifters- SHIMANO Sora ST3300
F/R Derailleurs- SHIMANO Sora
Brake- ALLOY
Cassette- GLORIA 39-53T
Crankset- HG50 12/25T
Speed- 16S

Wheelset
Hub JOY-TECH A171D/F192D
Rim HF026
Tire Michelin DYNAMIC 700X23C

Nice bike Shemster. It has all the bits and cogs and wheels and cables and stuff. 👍 I'm sure it's worth every penny.

I know nothing about bikes...

Last edited:
Got some proper pics up now in the Biking Thread, better than using one of the wrong colour from the webs.

One of these;
xmoai1.PNG

Sony's new Micro Vault Mach USB3.0 pendrive, 32GB.
The marketing blurb goes; Super Speed, Metal Body!

The aluminum body does feel pretty slick alright, and it's definitely got the speed. Surprisingly, it exceeds its advertised limit of "up to 120MB/s";
4kjtli.PNG

9s5tar.PNG

Pretty impressive!

Come to think of it, I didn't post the specs on my machine from a few pages back; might as well do so now since I got a new picture;
2qiaijk.PNG

Intel Sandy Bridge Core i7 3930K - 6C/12T, 3.2GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo, 12MB cache @ 4.5GHz (125MHz x36)
Corsair H80
8x G.Skill Ripjaws Z 4096MB DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 @ DDR3-1666-9-9-9-24
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
nVIDIA GTX 560Ti 1024MB GDDR5 Palit Twin Light Turbo Limited Edition @ 909MHz/4200MHz
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 (Advanced Format 1TB/platter)
Western Digital Caviar Black 6401AALS 640GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1002FAEX
ASUS XONAR DX
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
Corsair AX1200

Last edited:
crysis-1.png

I just got a plus membership for the year so bought this for $10 today. Played through the first level on highest difficulty and it's a ton of fun so far.

Oh and Quicksilver/Roxy is having a huge sale online so picked up a bunch of clothes for my girlfriend and I too :)

IMAG0199.jpg

Universal Religion 1-4 to complete my collection. Just about to get them on the wall to complete my shrine to Armin... :lol:

Made a few big purchases last night, pics will follow when they arrive.

Back