Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,299 comments
Congrats! Maybe ridetech should sponsor you. ;)
Thanks Pako. Sponsorship would be great but this is a very low budget car. I don't even think they would notice me with all the big boys they run with. haha

Finally! What are you planning to do on the rear? I don't even remember if you have a sway bar in there.
Yes I agree finally! So happy! I plan to leave the rear the way it is for now. Currently de-arched leaf springs and QA1 adjustable shocks. I really don't ever plan on doing much more to the rear suspension. It works very well on the road tracks. The front needs the most improvement. These coilovers will make a massive difference.

I do need to upgrade my front stock sway bar to eventually. That will be one of my first investments next year just not sure which sway bar to go with yet. Need to do some research over the winter. Once I get the front QA1 coilovers installed (hopefully by the end of the month), I will update my 69 Camaro thread and discuss some more plans in there. Thanks for asking.

So good.

cheetos-puffs.jpg

My Cobalt blue tarantula.

Nice.

Awesome! Love that blue on it. 👍

Thanks, I like the colour a lot as well.
Although just a tad darker would be nice.

If you don't mind me asking... How much did you end up paying for it? Looks to be in good shape.

I got a good deal on a car I bought about three weeks ago. 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. I got it for 3,200.
It was a one owner too. It is fully loaded with power everything. Had 49,500 miles on it when I got it. I just hit 50k miles the other day. It is in amazing shape.

4,500 before taxes. Great deal considering these things fetch 2-3 grand more than what I paid for it.

You were looking for a Yaris?

:ill:

Yeah, I liked the idea of only refueling once a month, but they were all to expensive for a low km example. Dad just happened to find this on Kijiji after a random search, really glad he did. :)

Glad you finally found something pretty decent, though. Cool.
Yeah, thanks for all your help earlier as well. 👍

With my 780's on the way, had to get a couple of these coming as well:
15535vv.jpg

As well as a tube of Tuniq TX-4 thermal grease.

Living room couch and chairs showed up on Wednesday. After almost 2 months, I finally have somewhere to sit! :lol:

My wife and I have been on the hunt for a birch tree picture (I'm planning on planting a birch in the front yard and though that would tie inside and outside together nicely) for the living room. Came across this one yesterday and for $40 I couldn't pass it up.

Oh, and the Humble Bundle.

Uh, I don't like the look of it. I'm all about EK Waterblocks, hehe.

The EKs were the worst performing blocks of all of them. I really wanted the XSPC blocks but they ere STILL out of stock. These are the next best blocks I could find. ;)

Okay, it's become an addiction.
7320357808d611e3953222000a1f912e_7.jpg

Canon T50 for $10, also came with flash and an un-open pack of 400 film that expired in 2001.

Usually I stay away from electronic SLR's in fear of them being dead inside, but it works good, and I finally got something to use the 70-210mm f/4.5 Macro and 28mm f/2.8 with that have been sitting around for like, 2 years.

And yes, that is a Volvo 610 with a gravel trailer with rolls of film loaded in it.

Okay, it's become an addiction.

Canon T50 for $10, also came with flash and an un-open pack of 400 film that expired in 2001.

Usually I stay away from electronic SLR's in fear of them being dead inside, but it works good, and I finally got something to use the 70-210mm f/4.5 Macro and 28mm f/2.8 with that have been sitting around for like, 2 years.

And yes, that is a Volvo 610 with a gravel trailer with rolls of film loaded in it.

That's a cool lens cap, the 84 games were pretty cool looking!
...otherwise I can't compliment. I don't think I could get into non digital photography...(but that's what I thought about vinyls...) :indiff:

$1 each, I got two. +9001 hipster points if I could get them. I don't think Idahoans are allowed to be hipsters.
3pXqVDc.jpg

But they're selling for $5 a pop on Discogs :mischievous:

Last edited:
I bought Spotify Premium!

Previously I have bought 3 CD's in my life, finally a model that I'm more than happy to hand over cash for.

I bought Spotify Premium!

Previously I have bought 3 CD's in my life, finally a model that I'm more than happy to hand over cash for.

There's this thing called a library where I live :sly:

I can definitely see the appeal to Spotify but I just pick it apart...what if the signal is out? What if they don't have that one song?
But it is a great free service for those who know what they want to hear, as opposed to Pandora.

Bought a cover for my bike. She is going to be sitting outside of school starting Friday and don't want her to get a sun burn or show early signs of aging. Anyways I got a Geza Gear Elite cover for her. $225 plus shipping and it had a bag and mirror covers included. Here is a pic of one on an R1:
null_zpsace1332e.jpg

^
RAZR II I'm assuming ?
I'm due for an upgrade from my original RAZR and have been looking at these. How do you like it ... so far ?

no its the new DROID MAXX came out today

I had the RAZR HD MAXX the last few months and this thing is much better

thats the phone I had for the last 8 months and just gave to My GF today .Its a pretty big difference the phone is about 10% thinner the kevlar wraps totally around so its all one piece the battery life is 16hrs more (48hrs now) it has the touchless technology where you just talk to it . screen is 5" edge to edge so the phone is a bit wider.

camera is 10mp and has a totally new interface.

As much as I tried to hold to my principles and resist pre-ordering the joke known as the Xbox One, I just couldn't. Not with Forza 5 as a launch title.

So needless to say, I've just pre-ordered the Xbox One and Forza 5 on Amazon. In a strange twist of fate, this decision was partially inspired by my excitement for GT6... which naturally I also have pre-ordered. :P

As much as I tried to hold to my principles and resist pre-ordering the joke known as the Xbox One, I just couldn't. Not with Forza 5 as a launch title.

So needless to say, I've just pre-ordered the Xbox One and Forza 5 on Amazon. In a strange twist of fate, this decision was partially inspired by my excitement for GT6... which naturally I also have pre-ordered. :P

You need help bro, but you will find no sympathizers here. :lol:

There's this thing called a library where I live :sly:
Thanks, Grandpa.

I can definitely see the appeal to Spotify but I just pick it apart...what if the signal is out? What if they don't have that one song?
But it is a great free service for those who know what they want to hear, as opposed to Pandora.
What if I suddenly want a song I don't have with me at the time? What if the library is closed? What if I'm out of town?

Everything has its benefits. Not everyone can be troubled with a library.

Recently got these, Nike Free 3.0 V5:

Nike%20Free%203.0%20V5%20Mens%20Running%20Shoes%20%20Black%20Grey_2.jpg

I use them for casual walking, not for jogging. Definitely the most comfortable shoes I have had, could recommend them to anyone!

Back