Show us your drift car

• Thread starter andre_pt
  • 112 comments
Portugal
Lisbon
andre_MANIAC
Just thought of opening this thread since the drifting community is scarce here, or at least it looks like. Nothing like GT6 i think tbh.
So here it is, show us your drift cars!

I'll post mine:

This is my drift missile\training car

BMW M3 E30

WtlSObi.jpg

This is my official drift car, the one i use the most

BMW M4

6ZQjBXb.jpg

il7ysqL.jpg

My '90 RX7 FC

mLgkIfc.jpg

Your turn :cheers:

My RCF. I'm usually drifting this. I really need a big Nonon Jakuzure sticker. :dopey:

Tandems with htsue. The vinyl is slightly slightly different now on my Gr4 RCF now.

On a side note I do not edit pictures anymore. I don't have an editing program anymore, but Gran Turismo always puts out quality as it is. Waiting for work to slow down so I can buy a wheel and be smooth (or atleast try to be :lol: ) again.

As for me, I've always had a knack for making things a little different for myself when it came to drift cars. Back in GT5 it was a crazily modified TVR Tamora that got me into drifting in the first place, in GT6, my main drifter was a Fisker Karma (no, seriously) and occasionally a BMW Z8 - and with that in mind, my choice of vehicles for drifting at the moment in GTSport are no less quirky, though probably not as crazy, for now that is :P

20180506101135.jpg

First up, is this lovely purple Toyota S-FR, which coincidentally was the first car I bought in GTSport because I have been so curious about it for so darned long, and its been a really fun car to drift ever since. While I don't use it as often, I do feel that I should use it more!

20180506101125.jpg

My second drift car at the moment is this yellow and striped Mazda MX-5, partly because the concept of an open top drifter just intrigues me in all honesty, and that its a relatively well nuanced and balanced platform to do whatever you want with it really, heck I even race this occasionally too!

Other cars I have used but not shown here include the Honda NSX Gr4, which has done well for me before, though its primary use is for racing rather than strictly drifting, so i didn't really add it in. Another car I am recently taking an interest in developing further as a drift car after a few trial runs is the new Alpine A110, which felt really nice around Suzuka East in a quick trailing session, but that'll have to wait until after my next two drift project cars, which are back to my usual level of weird and stupid :D

20180506101013.jpg

These two cars here are what I plan to work on as drifters next... yes it is probably pretty obvious what cars these two are, but the reason I have done the shot of them like this is purely because I haven't done a livery for these two yet and would prefer to wait on showing them off properly until their designs are done, but until then I shall be working on these when I have the time :P

Race cars and super cars are not meant for drifting....

Seriously though....holy 🤬 Talk about a dead scene.....wtf happened to the drift community? This thread was one of the best on the entire forum back in the 5 and 6 days. Games been out for a year and it’s still on page 1. Damn. Talk about PD completely deserting a chunk of their player base (constant closing of drift threads for being “off topic” and telling users to “take it to another platform” can’t have helped much either).

Is there any kind of tandem drift community in GTS? Is there a PSN club, a Discord, something??? This is so sad. The GTP drift scene was so creative back in the day, it was awesome to be a part of. I just got GTS, and it breaks my heart to see the drift scene in this state :(

Race cars and super cars are not meant for drifting....

Says who? Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars are more representative of the FD comp cars.

You need to calm down and read what I posted in the General Discussion Thread.

Is there any kind of tandem drift community in GTS? Is there a PSN club, a Discord, something??? This is so sad. The GTP drift scene was so creative back in the day, it was awesome to be a part of. I just got GTS, and it breaks my heart to see the drift scene in this state :(

IIRC most of the members that came to the drift section didn't stay on GTP. They're long gone. They came for one thing and one thing only.

As I said in the GTS General Discussion Thread, join a drift lobby and talk to the drifters there. They will gladly tell you how the active drift scene is.

If you want to add the leader of DMDS, tell me and I'll send you his PSN in PMs.

People have stopped using forums they're using PSN Partys. What's the point of posting your liveries here, when you can simply add all the GTP members that drift, and share them in-game. GTS has its own social scene so it would be redundant to post here again.

Says who? Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars are more representative of the FD comp cars.
T’was a joke aimed at anyone who’s been around a while. If you were active in the GT5 & 6 drift scene on GTP, you’d get the joke.

You need to calm down and read what I posted in the General Discussion Thread.
Calm...who’s not calm?? Got a link to what you said, or I’m supposed to find your post in that massive thread?

IIRC most of the members that came to the drift section didn't stay on GTP. They're long gone. They came for one thing and one thing only.
Lol and what would that one thing be???

As I said in the GTS General Discussion Thread, join a drift lobby and talk to the drifters there. They will gladly tell you how the active drift scene is.

If you want to add the leader of DMDS, tell me and I'll send you his PSN in PMs.

People have stopped using forums they're using PSN Partys. What's the point of posting your liveries here, when you can simply add all the GTP members that drift, and share them in-game. GTS has its own social scene so it would be redundant to post here again.
That’s all I was asking for confirmation of. Trust me, I fully understand why the scene left this sight, and developed it’s own social community. The drift forums were considered the armpit of GTP, so the mods are probably happy all the “off topic” chat is gone :P

Is there a Band or Discord? Would be much better than a PSN party. I’ll drop into some drift lobbies and see what the kids are up to these days :P

T’was a joke aimed at anyone who’s been around a while. If you were active in the GT5 & 6 drift scene on GTP, you’d get the joke.

Never heard that joke, but alright.

Calm...who’s not calm?? Got a link to what you said, or I’m supposed to find your post in that massive thread?

You posted in the Gran Turismo Sport General Discussion Thread. I replied. There's literally only two posts following yours.

Lol and what would that one thing be???

They came for teams and tunes and pictures. They didn't feel welcome in any other subthread so they stayed within the drift section. Once the servers for GT5 and GT6 closed they left the forums. There was nothing left anymore. Same goes for the modding community.

Is there a Band or Discord? Would be much better than a PSN party. I’ll drop into some drift lobbies and see what the kids are up to these days :P

No they're only using PSN Parties as far as I'm aware. I've asked about Discord or personal websites but none of them have setup any.

EDIT

Livery is still WIP but going for a personal Italian theme. I just need to place a few more sponsors and it'll be done.

Last edited:

Good to see you again Twitcher!

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the GTS drift community. Don't get me wrong there are still great people out there, but finding them is tricky. I get on for one thing and one thing only, and that is to have FUN; key word that I think eludes the minds of the newer scene. You will see KDF on cars, and then next thing you know they are arguing and complaining.

I've also noticed a lot of the "pro only" drifters seem to have trouble chasing drivers that have a different style to them. Resulting in plowing through or just straight lining by.

have trouble chasing drivers that have a different style to them

And then they boot you from the lobby or complain about your drifting style.

You gotta find the few really good drivers that aren't ego centric asshats and only want to have fun. You'll find these types of drivers in "limbo" lobbies and "comps for fun" lobbies.

I host my own from time to time.

I've also noticed a lot of the "pro only" drifters seem to have trouble chasing drivers that have a different style to them. Resulting in plowing through or just straight lining by.
There is big problems with those "pro's" they call them self like that just because they are in some team but everybody can form a team :D they dont relize that the term "pro" means something else. Me personally i hate lobbys like "pro's only" im just like even tho im part of team thats been there since gt5 i dont feel like joining that because im not a "pro" i dont get paid to play it. So i think the term "pro" should not be used. But thats just my opinion ^^

Back