Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Now that most of us will have a collection of race suits, I would like to see the introduction of Associated Suit and Helmet options on an individual car basis. I keep forgetting to change my gear before hitting the track after changing to another car.

Love the suit and helmet customisation!

Now that most of us will have a collection of race suits, I would like to see the introduction of Associated Suit and Helmet options on an individual car basis. I keep forgetting to change my gear before hitting the track after changing to another car.

Love the suit and helmet customisation!
I haven't even got round to it yet...

How is his Gran Turismo Sport content?

He made his name with Forza where he typically posted commentary over an online race, usually attempting to have a clean race while all the chaos happened ahead of him.

His GTSport content is exceptional. I really enjoy it. I can't watch his Forza videos for more than a couple of seconds due to the carnage.

UPDATE:

Also, hold on a minute! We're getting weekly races now instead of daily races???

If I can't drive on a configuration the way I need to, to be competitive, after multiple attempts I'll just give up and wait for the next day. Not only is the daily race selection lacking, only three per day, now you're telling me we'll have to wait an entire week until the tracks change????

Come on, PD.

I found out how AIDS Forza's online is through him.

I lost interest in F7 after trying to watch a video - it doesn't look real the way the cars move, Gran Turismo has subtlety in the cars body language that reminds me of real life motorsport. And yeah, since sticking with GTS I forget how dirty most online racing is!

Just picked up GTS the other week. Looking at the clubs and leagues section, the game doesn’t seem that busy online :( There’s lots of racing leagues with about 10 posts in them, but there’s not much in be way of clubs and teams. The drift forum seems completely dead, at least compared to the GT5/6 drift forums in their heyday. Is there even a fan fiction / race report section, or did I just miss it?

So is it that there aren’t really many street racing, drifting, or car show clubs in GTS, or are those clubs and groups now using alternative platforms to communicate with, ie Discord or Band?

I’m loving taking the street cars for runs on the highway circuits, but want to find other people to RP wangan midnight, TXR, etc.

Check out Snailracing.org. You'll notice they have their own section at the to of the online racing league forum. I'd say they have a lot more than 10 posts in there :)

Check out Snailracing.org. You'll notice they have their own section at the to of the online racing league forum. I'd say they have a lot more than 10 posts in there :)
Ive raced in SNAIL on and off going back to GT5, and in PC, I’m aware of it :P

Like my post said, I’m looking for group and clubs who role play Japanese style street racing, not conventional circuit racing leagues. Wangan, Toge, Drift, Kanjo, etc, is what I’m looking for. I posted in the LoTS thread, but it looks pretty dead in there.

Did you race with them in 2014 or sooner because I don't remember ever seeing you there and that's when I started. Pretty sure with the crappy tire model it's harder to drift than before because you can't tell when you're about to lose grip and then it's all gone.

Did you race with them in 2014 or sooner because I don't remember ever seeing you there and that's when I started. Pretty sure with the crappy tire model it's harder to drift than before because you can't tell when you're about to lose grip and then it's all gone.
I don’t really remember. It was only a handful of races, and it was back in GT5 or 6 days, going back to like 2011.

I can drift in GTS no problem, even with countersteer assist turned off, on a controller, it feels like the game does half the work for you. I’m just saying that if you compare the drift scene in GT5 and 6, with dozens of teams like Redsuns, Nemesis, MCR, etc, people organizing tournaments, the “Show your drift cars” thread was one of the best on GTP period....that entire scene seems completely dead, and I’m wondering where it disappeared to?

Just picked up GTS the other week. Looking at the clubs and leagues section, the game doesn’t seem that busy online :( There’s lots of racing leagues with about 10 posts in them, but there’s not much in be way of clubs and teams. The drift forum seems completely dead, at least compared to the GT5/6 drift forums in their heyday. Is there even a fan fiction / race report section, or did I just miss it?

So is it that there aren’t really many street racing, drifting, or car show clubs in GTS, or are those clubs and groups now using alternative platforms to communicate with, ie Discord or Band?

I’m loving taking the street cars for runs on the highway circuits, but want to find other people to RP wangan midnight, TXR, etc.

There's a strong drifting presence in the lobbies.

If you want to drift, hop onto any Suzuka East Circuit. You'll get to meet most of the teams there. There's DMS, DMDS, HEARTBREAK, DEMONDRIFTING, SLIDE, NEXUS, Sideways Mafia, and many many more. Once you meet the teams you can get to know them better, and find out who's who, who's drifting what and where, when comps are scheduled, etc.

There's also a strong drag racing presence. Hop onto any Blue Moon Speedway race if you want to drag.

For Toge they usually hang out at Willow, or Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist configuration.

The player base is rather small on the private lobbies. Most players play Sport Mode as this game was marketed and tailored to the, let's say niche market of drivers that only want league racing. Even though the player base is smaller than previous GT games, keep in mind this isn't a full GT game, the player base is strong. The people that drift, drag, or street race tend to hop on almost daily since it's summer.

In regards to communication and organisation everyone simply uses the party chat. No one makes a website or a thread in a forum as they don't take it too seriously.

It's sad that it's not like GT5/6 in the forums where the subgroups were booming with drift tunes, teams, meets, drag tunes, roleplay lobbies, etc.

@DesertPenguin the drifting isn't bad. It's even harder on this game than GT5/6. The learning curve is a lot higher.

Last edited:
While browsing through Twitter I discovered something. There is company called "Cafe" and turns out they are responsible for modelling the new Honda S660. Here is the tweet :

Then I checked their Facebook page :

Screenshot_20180801-235814.jpg
Screenshot_20180801-234624.jpg

As far as I knew PD always did the modelling in house. Could be PD finally decided it is better to do outsourcing in car modelling? Or perhaps this company is still affiliated with PD as business partner or company group? :confused:What do you guys think? 💡

I think PD need all the help they can get given the rumours of how much time each car takes to model, and the rumbling that most DLC were almost or part finished cars at launch.

Some say they have been releasing as much content as fast as they can make it, so if outside help means we get regular updates of the same quality I am happy. Loads of companies outsource things and unless it goes wrong no one notices!

Edit - Nice sleuthing, thanks for the screenshots!

That's really cool. But one thing I'm wondering about. Since he says they were allowed to 'disclose the situation' I'm curious how often and/or how long Polyphony has been pulling from other studios. I'd like to think at least as far back as GT6 development.

If they want to offer a solid GT7, they have to outsource modelling. We will all judge them on the car list of the next GT and I have big expectations after the car list of Forza 7.

IMO This the biggest news of the year for GT.

Last edited:
I think PD need all the help they can get given the rumours of how much time each car takes to model, and the rumbling that most DLC were almost or part finished cars at launch.

Some say they have been releasing as much content as fast as they can make it, so if outside help means we get regular updates of the same quality I am happy. Loads of companies outsource things and unless it goes wrong no one notices!

Edit - Nice sleuthing, thanks for the screenshots!

Guess that was the possible case. Also, you are welcome! I have to screencap the image for valid proof that is.

That's really cool. But one thing I'm wondering about. Since he says they were allowed to 'disclose the situation' I'm curious how often and/or how long Polyphony has been pulling from other studios. I'd like to think at least as far back as GT6 development.

Me too. Seems like GT6 were still fully in house but with rapid growth of DLC numbers I think it is GTS that perhaps the first GT game done with outsourcing.

Eiji Kitada may have collaborated as an external designer. On their Polyphony website they offer positions to part-time 3D modelers in Fukuoka.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruit/jobs/421/

https://www.artstation.com/eijikitada

Cafegroup has work also in Final Fantasy XV Kingsglaive and the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

http://cafegroup.net/modelingcafe/en/works.php

Thanks for the info. 👍 Looks like Cafe Group were freelance company by the look of it and one of the employee is filling part time position job in PD I reckon?

If they want to offer a solid GT7, they have to outsource modelling. We will all judge them on the car list of the next GT and I have big expectations after the car list of Forza 7.

IMO This the biggest news of the year for GT.

To be honest, I was browsing through Twitter and go to the tweet because I saw those S660 screenshots :lol: Then when I translated the comment and thought it is rather interesting to discuss it here. And yes, doing outsourcing is fine to keep up with the speed of giving more content through month so it is indeed nice decision from PD too I think.

@bdj57 I think it will be on the frontpage of GTPlanet very soon. For the first time Poly shares its knowledge about modeling and the studio itself seems very proud. Many other cars will probably come later because there is no point in outsourcing a single car and its knowledge about the art of 3d model.

Is there any possibillity to go from update 1.23 to 1.22? I simply had more fun driving my mk3 and mk4 Toyota Supra in GTS with previous 1.22 patch. I do not race in sport mode anymore or lobby. Only arcade mode for now.

Is there any possibillity to go from update 1.23 to 1.22? I simply had more fun driving my mk3 and mk4 Toyota Supra in GTS with previous 1.22 patch. I do not race in sport mode anymore or lobby. Only arcade mode for now.
Not possible as all updates are packed together.

So I got this notification when I booted up GT Sport. Seems that they're rewarding players who are part of the winning nation in the Nations Cup.

View attachment 756586
View attachment 756587

Unless this is already old then forgive me. :lol:

HK, German & presumably American players gets this notification since their driver won Season 2 of the FIA Nations Cup 2018 Series.

This should be in effect from Season 1 as a Victory Bonus by PD for the winning Nation and Manufacturer from their respective series.

Back