Shut up alice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us try to convince turn10studios and Playgound to shut up ALICE
TWEET AT Turn10Studios # forzahorizon. please trun of the naging vioce of Alice

I didn't mind her nagging too much when working my way through the festival, but it's pretty lazy of PG to leave her "you're really progressing, you might be a contender" comments on after I've hit 100%.

Or at another point, right after beating Darius, I went on a massive car buying spree after the epic amount of prize money that provides. Right after I go back into Free Roam, she mentions how I need to go buy some new cars.

T7biW.gif

I would typically roll around in my evo 6 or M600 both R2s to the racing events and it pissed me off every time "Hey the officials won't let you in with that car" "Hey you know the drill by now that car is waaaayyyy too fast" SHUT UP. I KNOW. YOU DON'T SERIOUSLY THINK I'M TRYING TO RACE AGAINST 70S MUSCLE CARS IN A FERRARI DO YOU?! Yeah I know what you mean... Pretty rage inducing especially when I'm navigating the menus as fast as possible because I know what car I wanna use and to shut her up

Even worse is when she tells you about your mad street cred in the middle of a race, causing the sound of the engine to nearly disappear. I've beaten almost every racer in all of Horizon and they're just starting to notice me? Really? They didn't notice the mile long kill list but they're aware of the points I've racked up drafting other cars?

In an open world game I'm told that I can play the game at my own pace, but Alice starts panicking because I haven't been in a race for the last 5 minutes. What purpose does that serve?

It's things like this that annoy me about most games in general. For example, in Skyrim, why is it that EVERYONE feels the need to say something to me when I walk by? Even when I'm in the middle of a conversation with someone else. Walk by a minute later and they tell you the same thing.

Does she stop annoying you after 100 percenting the game?

Unfortunately NOT... :banghead: Even worse, she keeps saying that if you don't race you'll never become champion, even after you've already got the title!!!

It's not just Alice by the way (allthough she is by far the most annoying character AND you can't turn her off!), but also the radio stations don't get updated after you've won the Horizon festival.

For me, personally, that's a huuuuuge letdown. If you're going to put a 'story' in a racing game, do it in such a way that you're really noticing that you're making progress.

I remember playing one of the Ace Combat games a few years back where you progressed from rookie to hero. Now that was done right! You heard radio messages from your enemies (who were running scared when they noticed it was my plane flying around), but also the ground troops who I was protecting were sending messages to hang on since I was there to help them.

Even worse is when she tells you about your mad street cred in the middle of a race, causing the sound of the engine to nearly disappear.

That seriously annoys me. I can't tell you how irritated I get when she starts talking to me in the middle of an event and almost makes me lose my concentration. I'm just like shut the 🤬 up woman! Can't you see I'm trying to win the 🤬 race?! It can wait!

It's not just Alice by the way (allthough she is by far the most annoying character AND you can't turn her off!), but also the radio stations don't get updated after you've won the Horizon festival.

For me, personally, that's a huuuuuge letdown. If you're going to put a 'story' in a racing game, do it in such a way that you're really noticing that you're making progress.

So let me get this straight. No one will shut up about how awesome Darius Flynt is even after you beat him? Wow...

(So let me get this straight. No one will shut up about how awesome Darius Flynt is even after you beat him? Wow...[/QUOTE])

Yhea they really need to put in a turn of ALICE button always nagging how drivers seem to notice you after you humiliate them tree or 4 times on the track. And Darius is like an old flintlock and I ‘am the clock 21. So she really shut not talk about that loser or even open here blabbering mouth. Dam I really like this game a lot but she is killing my fun. So please shut your mouth ALICE you are real pain in the but

She hasn't bugged me about being champion after I won the title, but once after leaving the autoshow and spending 2.3 million credits on 2 cars, literally 30 seconds later Alice comes on "Hey I saved you a lot of money in the races you should head over and spend it at the auto show" HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU WANT ALICE?!

Yea she does get annoying and the game AI should progress along with you. I would like to see after the championship that you are getting praised by Alice and on the radio. The AI should either be avoiding you or go after you because you are the best. T10/PG should fix this in a DLC.

I think this is who PG turned to for inspiration, when it came to creating Alice:

Navi.png

If you don't get the reference, GTFO and get a childhood :lol:

She only gets worse once you beat the game. Since she doesn't have any races to talk about, she chimes in once every few minutes to tell you to buy a car.

She even keeps telling you that there are discount signs to be found... after you've found them all. She has kind of blended into the background for me, I only hear her when I'm actually focusing on the radio.

Has anyone else noticed that Alice doesn't nag you about your money anymore? Sometime between a recent update and the 1000 Club DLC, they seem to have muted her, for the most part. She still comments on discount signs or something now and then, but I have a few million credits and she hasn't mentioned anything about it. :D

I do recall it was mentioned somewhere on the official Forza forums, I must have read about it at least a week or two ago. If I come across it when I visit I'll put in a link but she has definitely stopped interrupting so often.

Ditto on the fact that the game never "updates" after you finish your career, it's kind of odd listening to the radio DJs talk about who will beat Darius and all despite the fact you turned him into yesterday's news. I do recall them making note when you beat one of the six other big names in the competition prior to Darius, though.

I guess I'm a bit too used to games like Grand Theft Auto where the in-game media updates along with your progression of it and reports the antics you have caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back