Sick's Race Room - great racing with a classic flavour - now on Project cars 2PS4 

Hmm, i'm trying to link to the thread "silverstone classic still broken" on pcars forum, but it seems the bug planted itself in the thread as i cant link to it, hmm

No, i havent asked about a future patch regarding this issue but the team have made clear in the thread that no more patches are coming unfortunately.

Im gonna give hockenheim a go later today. I'll set up a mp lobby with a forced pitstop (apparently the pitstops could be the problem) and hope some people will join in.

I'll get back with some new info.

Hmm, i'm trying to link to the thread "silverstone classic still broken" on pcars forum, but it seems the bug planted itself in the thread as i cant link to it, hmm

No, i havent asked about a future patch regarding this issue but the team have made clear in the thread that no more patches are coming unfortunately.

Im gonna give hockenheim a go later today. I'll set up a mp lobby with a forced pitstop (apparently the pitstops could be the problem) and hope some people will join in.

I'll get back with some new info.

Can you let me know what time you are setting up the lobby and if I can be there I will join in....

No, i was short on time, perhaps tonight.
I've tried a couple of times with the same outcome though but i'll give it another go.

No, i was short on time, perhaps tonight.
I've tried a couple of times with the same outcome though but i'll give it another go.

Ok...well I believe you are 7 hours ahead of me...so evening for you is afternoon for me. I should be on Pcars around 7:00 or 8:00pm your time tomorrow if you want race around that track....let me knownor just look for me then. Thanks!

Hi All, new to the forum and to sim racing. I'd like to join your upcoming Monday and Friday race series please. I'm an (older) 'enthusiastic novice' at the moment but learning and keen to run in a classic series. My PSN is PaulBee_58
Thank you for the heads up Skip7950
Thanks
Paul

Thanks for the interest PaulBee - all are welcome. Although I have been racing online for a comparatively long time, I have more enthusiasm than speed - in fact I seem to get slower with age! - like my old motorcycling days, "The older I get, the faster I was". I have no doubt that there will be some people at the front who are very fast who are going for podiums and wins, but people of all speeds are welcome and will enjoy their own battles. The slower drivers add welcome traffic for the fast guys to deal with.

The Monday Race Series will continue as planned, but I will be switching the Friday Series to a Wednesday and will be rejigging the programme to increase interest and make it more suitable for drivers new to Project Cars.

Thank you for the welcome Sick Cylinder, Wednesday's also work for me. My motorcycle days are a dim and distant memory now (thanks in part to the current Mrs Bee (not to mention the odd failing body parts)), but I continue to trawl the pages of motorcycle publications wistfully.

Thanks for the interest PaulBee - all are welcome. Although I have been racing online for a comparatively long time, I have more enthusiasm than speed - in fact I seem to get slower with age! - like my old motorcycling days, "The older I get, the faster I was". I have no doubt that there will be some people at the front who are very fast who are going for podiums and wins, but people of all speeds are welcome and will enjoy their own battles. The slower drivers add welcome traffic for the fast guys to deal with.

The Monday Race Series will continue as planned, but I will be switching the Friday Series to a Wednesday and will be rejigging the programme to increase interest and make it more suitable for drivers new to Project Cars.

Sick, that is good news for me that you aremoving the Friday gig to Wednesday! If I assume correctly, the time of day would be the same?? Ifso, I would love to join on Wednesday as well as Monday please!!!
Thanks,
Skip

I had a quick look at the game, really good. I was using the controller, quick race at Dubai and some laps at Oulton Park.

Sound is , excellent had to turn TV down, graphics are what I want see.

Haven't touch any of the controls, so everything was stock.:D

I had a quick look at the game, really good. I was using the controller, quick race at Dubai and some laps at Oulton Park.

Sound is , excellent had to turn TV down, graphics are what I want see.

Haven't touch any of the controls, so everything was stock.:D

It's a great game John - Try it with your wheel - select an Aston Martin DBR1/300, Watkins Glen GP track, set the weather to thunderstorm and the number of opponents to 42, cockpit view HUD and all aids off and start mid-pack - very, very enjoyable!

Hi,

Please add me, My-Kull, on PSN. Looking forward to racing PCars online.

Welcome Ledbetter - I'll be sending out friend requests as soon as I pay for PSN - i.e. soon!

Yeah only had PS4 since Monday, so still getting use too new system:D

But will try wheel next time and see what that's like:tup:

Can we pick our own race Nos and colours?:)

Last edited:
Mondays 20:30-21:30 GMT - Commencing 13th February 2017
View attachment 613912

Two six round seasons for the Classic Aston Martin (DBR1/300) in tribute to Stirling Moss. More details to follow together with a link to full detail in the Racing Series Section.

I would like to join you guys on Mondays. Let me know if you guys need any help getting your series going. I have been racing in and co directing a P cars Wednesday night series for about a year but due to a work schedule change (working nights) have had to put the Wednesday racing on hold for the next few months. If I'm doing the math right you guys are racing at 12:30 pm my time.

Thanks

Yeah only had PS4 since Monday, so still getting use too new system:D

But will try wheel next time and see what that's like:tup:

Can we pick our own race Nos and colours?:)

When you try your wheel bear in mind that it will feel different to GT6 - at first it felt strange, but as I get more used to the game and the feel of cars through the wheel, the game just keeps getting better and better! I'm now about 24 hours into the game and I guess it took between 5 and 10 hours to feel comfortable with the feedback. I'll send you a private message John on getting started.

You can't choose any number to fit to your car like you can in GT6 and you can't paint the cars, but each one comes in a choice of about 20 liveries each with a different number. There is a thread on GT Planet which lists all the race numbers and liveries available - I will provide a link to that thread later - we will be using different liveries to increase immersion and aid identification.

I would like to join you guys on Mondays. Let me know if you guys need any help getting your series going.

Thanks for the offer of help Alex - all help is gratefully received - I will send you a private message re help.

Friend Requests

Apologies guys, but I cannot work out how to send friend requests via the PS4 (I had no problem with the PS3). Note - I had to set up a new PSN for the PS4 which is Sick_Cylinder2 (my PS3 PSN is Sick_Cylinder)

I have accepted friend requests so far from Darienrobbo and tigerpaw11 (Longspread) I therefore need friend requests as soon as possible from:

buybon355 @buybon355
johnwells69 @John Wells
skip7950 @Skip7950
Simba2009Lora @AndreasR
Alex_ONeill @Alex ONeil
PaulBee_58 [USER=285231]@PaulBee_58

My-Kull @Ledbetter

Anyone else planning to race in either the Monday or Wednesday Series (or both) will need to send a Friend Request as soon as possible - Test Round 0 starts at 20:30 GMT on Monday 13th February 2017. Note, I will post this later in the GT6 threads for those friends who may be planning to join us on PS4.[/USER]

Screenshot_20170209-152048.png

Done. You should get the app sick, it's a doddle. You can message when not at your playstation too.

Why did you not, use same name Sick?:)

The PS3 was set to auto fill in the login details, but I didn't remember some of them and for security reasons (after PSN got hacked) I used a secondary e-mail account which got closed due to lack of use - that's the long answer - the short answer is that I couldn't use the same name.

It probably makes sense in terms of house keeping to use a new name for a new console because I had a full friends list on PS3, but not all of those are switching to PS4.

I was trying to play the game tonight and my wheel wouldn't work...:nervous:

Also when I have been playing, when I quit the game the wheel doesn't collaborate, is this normal.

Went on GT everything worked normally:)

I was trying to play the game tonight and my wheel wouldn't work...:nervous:

Also when I have been playing, when I quit the game the wheel doesn't collaborate, is this normal.

Went on GT everything worked normally:)

I've also had initial issues with my wheel (t300). What wheel you've got?

No, the t300 doesn't calibrate when quitting, only on startup. But i also have to calibrate it in game everytime i start the game.

Latest Posts

Back