Sick's Race Room - great racing with a classic flavour - now on Project cars 2PS4 

Sick_Cylinder
SPACES !!! Join us for a great race experience - online novice or old hand - All clean drivers welcome - SPACES !!!
SRR Poster 2.jpg

After 5 successful years on PS3 "Sicks Race Room" migrated to PS4 / Project Cars at the start of 2017

Last edited:
Wednesdays 20:30-21:30 BST starting 5th April 2017
Colin Chapman Stage 4.jpg

A series of short seasons using some of Colin Chapmans pioneering designs. Planned so far:

Season 1: Lotus 51 (Formula Ford)
Season 2: Lotus 40 Ford (Big Banger)
Season 3: Lotus 49C+49 (Formula 1)

More details to follow together with a link to full detail in the Race Series Section.

Last edited:
About "Sick's Race Room"
Sick's Race Room started on GT5, with three members, soon after the game was launched and is dedicated to bringing a high quality racing experience to its members with a classic flavour. In that time a large number of people have started their online racing journey with us and many have gone on to host their own series.

With effect from 5th April the Wednesday series will migrate from GT6 on the PS3 to Project Cars (game of the year edition) on PS4. Continuation of Friday series on GT6 from 7th April onwards will require a new Host as I have decided to discontinue with GT6. Sick's Race Room - Club 1000875 will still be available on GT6 for a new Host to hold races in the lobby, if they wish.

Monday night racing will commence on Project Cars on 13th February at our usual race time of 20:30-21:30 BST. The first two Monday series are a Tribute to Stirling Moss featuring the classic Aston Martin (DBR1/300) with which he enjoyed so much success.

I try to make sure that the cars suit the tracks selected for each series. We will be starting off with one make racing, but later will progress to multi-make racing. If you would like to help with car and track testing and / or series development please send me a private message.

Note - you do not need to be fast to enjoy "Sick's Race Room" - you can be an enthusiastic novice, we just ask that you try to race cleanly and courteously with respect for other competitors just as you would if you joined an actual amateur motor racing club.

Regards Sick Cylinder
Hopefully see you on track soon

Last edited:
Looks very interesting, you have my attention. I'm already in a Wed, Fri, and Sun series, but am eyeing that Monday series with the Astons.

I also know a few other guys from some of the other series who have expressed interest in racing the Aston, or anything old school really. I'll point them in the direction of this thread.

Edit: @GUTTERBOY3007, @yogi bear, thought you guys might be interested in this.

Last edited:
I'm interested. Our league runs one series Friday night and our other series on Sunday, so I'm in for any other time, especially old school stuff. Please send friend invites via PSN to: GUTTER-BOY and to OLD_BEAR he's into classic racing too. (Thanks for thinking of us Twitch!)

Can't do Fridays as usual, but am well up for the Monday slot. Need to get my money's worth out of the ps4, hardly used it since I got it last Christmas.

It will be good to see you on PS4 Buybon - hopefully you'll get plenty of use out of it in 2017!

Is Monday going to be the regular day? Tarnheld, Sparks run Zero Cup on a Monday:scared:

Sorry about the clash John and @tarnheld - I want to run two meetings a week on Project Cars in order to get the club established and keep one meeting a week (Wednesday's) running on GT6 for the time being for those friends who haven't yet upgraded to PS4. I did consider Sunday, but Monday was my only option.

Looks very interesting, you have my attention. I'm already in a Wed, Fri, and Sun series, but am eyeing that Monday series with the Astons.

I also know a few other guys from some of the other series who have expressed interest in racing the Aston, or anything old school really. I'll point them in the direction of this thread.

Edit: @GUTTERBOY3007, @yogi bear, thought you guys might be interested in this.

I'm interested. Our league runs one series Friday night and our other series on Sunday, so I'm in for any other time, especially old school stuff. Please send friend invites via PSN to: GUTTER-BOY and to OLD_BEAR he's into classic racing too. (Thanks for thinking of us Twitch!)

Thanks for the interest - just a reminder that these series run from 20:30-21:30 GMT so if you are not in the UK please check that the time is ok for you.

I don't officially get my PS4 from my wife until Christmas - I have been doing a bit of (lot of) testing and will explain the empty box on Christmas Day - "The shop advised that I get the console connected, updated and tested dear". I don't have a PSN membership yet, but once that is sorted I will send anyone who has expressed an interest a friend request.

The threads for the Monday and Friday series will go live early in 2017 after I have got PSN membership and made more progress with car and track testing. It is intended that Friday's will focus on Colin Chapman designs for the moment while Mondays will be dedicated to classic cars from other marques.

Thanks again for your interest I will update this thread periodically in response to queries and as progress is made.

NB if you are interested in the series, but have been sending me messages via the PS4 or PS3 please send them instead via GT Planet as this is much easier and quicker for me to respond to.

Regards
Sick Cylinder

Looking at the times again, I don't think I'll be able to take part in this series :(. I think I originally thought the times were EST, not GMT :dunce:

I live in BC, so I'm in PST....20:30 GMT is 12:30pm here. I'll be just finishing my lunch break :lol: Really disappointed, as I really want to do a series with these old cars, and it's difficult to find others who are also interested.

If I get a random Monday off from work here and there, I'll definitely try to join.

Mondays 20:30-21:30 GMT - Commencing 13th February 2017
View attachment 613912

A 6 round series for the Classic Aston Martin (DBR1/300) in tribute to Stirling Moss. More details to follow together with a link to full detail in the Racing Series Section.
Looking at the times again, I don't think I'll be able to take part in this series :(. I think I originally thought the times were EST, not GMT :dunce:

I live in BC, so I'm in PST....20:30 GMT is 12:30pm here. I'll be just finishing my lunch break :lol: Really disappointed, as I really want to do a series with these old cars, and it's difficult to find others who are also interested.

If I get a random Monday off from work here and there, I'll definitely try to join.

I would definitely want to join for the Monday gigs...Race time would be 2:30pm here in US Central time..Perfect for my schedule!!!
My PSN tag is skip7950; please add me as friend when you are ready to set this series up!
Thanks!
Skip

I would most definitely want to join Monday series...Time would be 2:30pm in US Central time zone..Perfect for my schedule!
Please 'friend' me on PSN..My tag is skip7950.
Look forward to hearing more as soon as you are ready....
Thanks!
Skip

Thanks for the interest Skip7950 and @yogi bear

Update - Track testing and research for both series should be complete within the next week or so. The Stirling Moss Tribute (Monday's) will be extended to 2 seasons for the Aston Martin DBR1/300 - I am really enjoying driving this car on a range of tracks, finding ones which suit it best as well as those on which the car was originally raced.

I've tried the dbr1 on these tracks: brno, silverstone classic, the green hell, imola, brands and nurburgring gp.
Myself being a bit unconsistent and slow, at least the car behaved well on all these tracks, especially around nordschleife.

Looking forward to this series!

Count me in - will struggle to join every time (which I hope isn't a problem - though appreciate it won't help my season scores!?).
Always up for classic cars over any of the modern stuff if anyone here is ever up for a spot of ad hoc online racing
PSN Darienrobbo

How are you finding the game, Sick, does it take a little while to get use to it?

What settings are you using, there was no manual in the game, but going to get PS4 shortly:D

I'm really hoping that you and the rest of the GT6 crew can make it over to Project Cars.

The good - sounds, visuals, tracks, cars. The bad - user interface / game navigation.

I'm driving the cars on default settings, cockpit view, all aids off, wheel on default settings. It's taking a while to get used to the different feel, but I'm getting there and enjoying the journey.

I've noticed some issues with some of the tracks which are included in the schedule above.

Classic Silverstone: i've tried a couple of mp-sessions on this track and the game freezed/crashed everytime. This is an old issue, noticed by the devs but the problem is unfortunately still there and will be until pcars2 comes out.

Classic Hockenheim: I've tried two mp sessions and similar issue as on silverstone classic appeared in one of the sessions. Between quali and race the game kind of freezed for a couple of seconds and at race start my wheel and pedals wouldnt respond.

I've read about these problems a long time ago but thaught they already been patched and taken care of, but...

Funny...l keep hearing about these2 tracks having issues, but I have had no problems, nor anyone else I know except a Brit I race with... have you contacted the Pcars forum for an update on a new patch?? I would have also thought previous patches would have fixed this once and for....these tracks are pretty vital to any classic car series since there aren't very many vintage or long gone tracks on Pcars....

Back