Sideways. *NEW PART NOW UP!*

• Thread starter Fluke
  • 34 comments
sweet story hansel...nah nah jokes...had me hooked...HURRY UP WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER(S) ahahahahahah loved it..you my freind need a career in writing..your good

Sideways part 6.

'Oil temp, fine, engine temperature, good, fuel runing perfectly okay.'

I was checking things off piece by piece, i wanted my car running perfectly for this race.

The deep sea blue sky was providing the perfect backdrop for this race, people had been crawling out of the woodwork to see this, even other racers were betting on a winner, i was 2 to 1 underdog. I wasnt surprised by this, my opponent is the only other undefeated drifter in the entire area. However, unlike me, he had raced over 70 different drifters, and hadnt lost once, not even close.

"Lets get ready girls" Jamie shouted.

He raises his arms in the air, he gives my opponent Ray a glance, then checks to see if im ready, i can see the doubt in his eyes, he thinks im not going to win, i rev my car, showing him im ready, my palms are not sweaty, my head is not pounding, my heart rate is steady, i am not nervous. I look over to Ray, hes completely calm aswell, his eyes trained on the tarmac ahead, visualising his race, he's a pro, hes undefeated.

I concentrate on the road ahead, but i cant resist one look into my rear view mirror, to my shock, my brother isnt even watching, his back is turned to me, playing cards over the hood of a car with his friends. I'll show him, hes going to want to see this. I look back at Jamie, his arms are still raised, flag in hands, perfectly poised, perfectly steady. We are both ready to race. Jamie gives me one last glance, and drops his arms.

The wheels spin off of the line, Ray is already ahead of me, but only by a few feet, the tires scrabble for grip on the cold tarmac, plumes of smoke from my tires fill the night air behind me, as spectators take the footpath down the mountain to rush towards the finishing line.

The first corner approaches, the same track i first ever raced on, i swing my car to the right, no need to whip the car around, im already sideways, i get past the first two corners without crashing, unlike the first ever time i raced here, alots changed since then though, and right now, Ray's miles ahead, i put my foot right to the floor, any harder and the bulkhead will have my footprint labelled onto it. I try desperately to catch up, hes just so fast, i witness in awe as he takes the hairpin with ease, not even a flinch of countersteer until he exits the corner and straightens his car up, i follow suit with slightly less grace.

By the halfway point hes about 30 feet ahead, he glides gracefully around the fast right hander, my best corner, i do the same, at full throttle i frantically countersteer and find myself alot closer to him, now im starting to catch him, this is where im going to win, these next few corners, i get ever closer with each turn that passes, im literally on his rear bumper now, 3 more corners and the lines in sight, we enter the first of the last 3 turns, he takes a far left line, i push my nose on the inside, very risky, it pays off, halfway round the corner were drifting side by side, tandem style.

Any other drifter would be second place as a result of this, but he inches ahead on the corners exit, we enter the left hander and im forced to take the outside line, he's ahead again, we exit the corner and i drop back by a few feet, i keep a small distance to see what he does next, this next corner, the final turn, a very fast, downhill left hander, i glance at my speedometer, the needle creeps past 80mph, he turns in, very tight, he keeps the left line, i see his brake lights flick on and straight off again, hes slowed down, i dont plan on doing any such thing, i turn sharply left, the car immediately turns sideways, our drifts are locked now, hes on the inside line but im going faster, im about to overtake him from the outside.

Closer....closer...closer...now were neck and neck, so close, so close to winning, the end of the turn is coming up i catch a glimpse of the finishing line, he straightens his car up, were neck and neck, i countersteer to straighten up aswell, hes inching ahead again..."NO" i shout, i hit the steering wheel with my hand, 20 feet from the line and hes literally inches ahead, we cross the line.....

I have just lost, my first ever race.

Last edited:
Ooh. You lost. Didn't see that coming. Most of the time, if the person is under pressure, they win. Great twist!

Back