Signature Edition SLS Competition

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 634 comments
Hey all,

Here's a video review of the event by MercedesBenzReporter Matthew K:

http://reporter.mercedes-benz.com/sls-amg-sony-playstations-gt5-reality-vs-virtuality-2621/

See if you can spot my little cameo GT5 instruction lecture in the first video :lol:

All the best
Maz

More excellent media from the event! I fully thought you were one of the instructors there the first time I saw that!!! :lol:

I hope they eventually have this and GT Academy 2011 in GT TV soon.

Oh btw, I thought I saw something on Mercedes-Benz' facebook page about a fan winning something by following one of the finalists?? Haven't really kept up with the challenge as much as I wanted because of university ....zzzzzzz... so hopefully someone can clarify this for me :)

More excellent media from the event! I fully thought you were one of the instructors there the first time I saw that!!! :lol:

I hope they eventually have this and GT Academy 2011 in GT TV soon.

Oh btw, I thought I saw something on Mercedes-Benz' facebook page about a fan winning something by following one of the finalists?? Haven't really kept up with the challenge as much as I wanted because of university ....zzzzzzz... so hopefully someone can clarify this for me :)

Hey mate,

I believe one of the competitors had the most Facebook 'likes' on the Mercedes Benz GT5 Challenge page and as a result he was presented with a 1:18 scale Mercedes Benz SLS car :)

The footage of the presentation is in the second video from the link I shared above. It's a shame the pod to the right is not visible as I was setting blistering times on the SLS Stealth @ Grand Valley :lol:

All the best
Maz

By the way extremely nice idea to offer 15 signed, well, Signature Editions. My girlfriend entered me as I'm not really a Facebook person and don't follow the PS blog. I'd say pretty please more of this.

Also, if I might add this here, I really envy Famine and Venari having met Kazunori and Translator-san in the flesh. Maybe when Kaz takes part in the 24 hours next year there's some way of making this part of a competition?

I know I just entered fanboi mode, sorry about that.

I do hope we'll see or hear something from the lucky winner here.

Way to go, and congratularions!

Congratulations to Marco!

It is really impressive to see such support and enthusiasm from brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Sony and Red Bull. It goes to show how much esteem is held for the GT franchise and its players. No other video game franchise can offer such lavish and extreme competitions with such frequency. This is what adds to the GT feel!

Congratulations again to the finalists and winners and especially all those involved in setting up and running this competition, I think I speak for all of us when we say we appreciate it!

Back