Silverstone GP 50 lap Touring Car Challenge 600pp TONIGHT @ 7:30pm UK time. 10 Spaces available!Finished 

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 97 comments
Following on from what somebody said about cars being way overpowered I decided to do a little bit of post-race 'testing' with a few of the other cars.

I managed to get the RX7, the Astra and the TT all into the 1:55's comfortably.

It took me 3 test sessions to put my RX7 in 55 ! :crazy:
To be honest, I finally understood yesterday evening what was wrong in my tune and that made me move from 57 to 55.
I will put the RX7 tune in my garage. I made some final modifications after the "race".

For this car selection, I guess that the CLK DTM can also be in 55. It is generally as fast as the Astra.

Last edited:
Well that was a bit of a waste of time, but nm.

Following on from what somebody said about cars being way overpowered I decided to do a little bit of post-race 'testing' with a few of the other cars.

I managed to get the RX7, the Astra and the TT all into the 1:55's comfortably. All times were achieved on the second flying lap, with a full fuel tank and very little practise/setup work... So actually, it's fair to say that although the times weren't identical (there was a 0.6 second spread), the cars were reasonably competitive with one another.

Shame it ended the way it did.

See you.
A4 is not

This 600pp touring/DTM cars and RH tyres is a sweet regulation.

It would be worth trying to do something like that again in a few weeks.

A4 is not

Well, I don't have the A4 anymore as I sold it recently, but iirc it is a little slower than the TT and the Astra in terms of cornering performance, but makes up for that with a little extra horsepower. Overall, I found it to be a slower car though.

Perhaps if Paolo decides it's worth going to the effort of organising another, similar, race, it could be replaced with something else or just simply removed altogether.

I have just spent 40 minutes tuning the A4.
The end result is 1'55 capable, I did 56.2 during the tuning exercise so 55.9 should pop up if I push a bit more with the final version.

I am not saying the A4 is the best car of the selection but for sure it can compete. It is less than 1 second slower than the best cars on a 2 minute track so we should keep it in the roaster.

I will post the tune in my garage tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back