Silverstone GP 50 lap Touring Car Challenge 600pp TONIGHT @ 7:30pm UK time. 10 Spaces available!Finished 

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 97 comments
France
Thionville
Flying_Kefran
Following on from what somebody said about cars being way overpowered I decided to do a little bit of post-race 'testing' with a few of the other cars.

I managed to get the RX7, the Astra and the TT all into the 1:55's comfortably.

It took me 3 test sessions to put my RX7 in 55 ! :crazy:
To be honest, I finally understood yesterday evening what was wrong in my tune and that made me move from 57 to 55.
I will put the RX7 tune in my garage. I made some final modifications after the "race".

For this car selection, I guess that the CLK DTM can also be in 55. It is generally as fast as the Astra.

Last edited:
Netherlands
heythuysen
Well that was a bit of a waste of time, but nm.

Following on from what somebody said about cars being way overpowered I decided to do a little bit of post-race 'testing' with a few of the other cars.

I managed to get the RX7, the Astra and the TT all into the 1:55's comfortably. All times were achieved on the second flying lap, with a full fuel tank and very little practise/setup work... So actually, it's fair to say that although the times weren't identical (there was a 0.6 second spread), the cars were reasonably competitive with one another.

Shame it ended the way it did.

See you.
A4 is not

France
Thionville
Flying_Kefran
This 600pp touring/DTM cars and RH tyres is a sweet regulation.

It would be worth trying to do something like that again in a few weeks.

United Kingdom
Lon Lon Ranch
aboe_83
A4 is not

Well, I don't have the A4 anymore as I sold it recently, but iirc it is a little slower than the TT and the Astra in terms of cornering performance, but makes up for that with a little extra horsepower. Overall, I found it to be a slower car though.

Perhaps if Paolo decides it's worth going to the effort of organising another, similar, race, it could be replaced with something else or just simply removed altogether.

France
Thionville
Flying_Kefran
I have just spent 40 minutes tuning the A4.
The end result is 1'55 capable, I did 56.2 during the tuning exercise so 55.9 should pop up if I push a bit more with the final version.

I am not saying the A4 is the best car of the selection but for sure it can compete. It is less than 1 second slower than the best cars on a 2 minute track so we should keep it in the roaster.

I will post the tune in my garage tomorrow.

Last edited:
England
Northampton
Wilson_gpg
hi guys, if you do a race like this again message me, I would like to join thanks.

Last edited: