Sim Racing Monitor, what to get?

• Thread starter zbisgr8
  • 16 comments
United States
United States
Brief description of what my rig is so far.
Rig- Next Level Racing F-GT
Wheel Base and Pedals - Fanatec GT DD Pro, boost kit, & Load Cell Break.
Monitor - 28" Samsung 4k 60hz (cheap)
PXL_20220323_001004282.jpg

I primarily play on ps5 right now (GT7, ACC, F1, SRX). Plan on getting a more powerful PC in the future.

Thinking about upgrading to one of the new 42-inch or 48-inch Oled TV's (LG or Sony, leaning towards sony) that will be coming out the next couple of months.

Just looking for feedback, is this the path that i should go? If not, what should i consider doing? If yes, then what is better for racing 42 or 48? LG or Sony?

For what the 42" LG costs, I'd go with 48 LG. Then it's up to you whether you want the '22 model or save a bit and get '20 or '21 model.
Looking at the photo, you might have to look into a different stand/mount for a bigger TV.

Yepp currently looking into that too, ideally I would like something that I can rotate and look at while being at my desk too.

I bought a LG48A1 OLED on sale a few weeks back.
I actually meant to buy a C1 😆 but late night online shopping and tiredness.
Anyway the A1 was so good I kept it.
The best picture I've ever had.
I prefer 60hz and 4k so I really don't need 120hz.
I only had led TV's and monitors before so this was a big step up in picture quality.
I was doubtful at first but all I kept saying was "that picture is amazing"
So I will definitely get the LG 48 C2 once they are available.

Last edited:
Ended up getting this for this for the LG C2 48 inch. I also needed to get a vesa adapter to connect to LGs 300x200 mount. I'll post pics once it's all put together, hopefully by the end of the week.
Screenshot_20220329-163006.png

Last edited:
I also needed to get a vesa adapter to connect to LGs 300x200 mount.
I just learned this the hard way after receiving my new Trak Racer rig. I have the LG C1 and it won't fit...so the VESA adapter is on the way, should be here in a few more days.

Im personnaly keeping an eye on this one : 42A90K, it looks awesome but price isnt available yet and it might be really pricy. And yes I prefer sony if I can. Meant to be paired with a ps5 and a pc as a simracing monitor.

I just learned this the hard way after receiving my new Trak Racer rig. I have the LG C1 and it won't fit...so the VESA adapter is on the way, should be here in a few more days.
Which adapter did you buy?

I have a trak racer tr8 (not pro) and the monitor mount only seems to work with 100 x 100 monitors and even that needs a bit of adapating with screws.

Do you have a link? I’d love to mount a 48” oled on it

Hello folks,

I’m a owner of a F-GT cockpit and a F-GT Monitor Stand (NLR-A006) from Next Level Racing
I’m about to buy a TV 48 or 55’’ LG C1 but with a VESA specification 300x200 I'm lost :(

According to manual this NLR-A006 is not compatible with 300x200 VESA
(only : 75mm x 75mm, 100mm x 100mm, 200mm x 100mm
200mm x 200mm, 400mm x 200mm, 400mm x 400mm)

I really need help from you if you can to know if it’s possible to place an adapter to put on NLR-A006 ?
(I’m not really good in hardware so sorry guys)
I love my NLR rig I really don’t want to move on other cockpit stand, I hope you can help me guys

Thank you for a reply

Last edited:
Which adapter did you buy?

I have a trak racer tr8 (not pro) and the monitor mount only seems to work with 100 x 100 monitors and even that needs a bit of adapating with screws.

Do you have a link? I’d love to mount a 48” oled on it

Hello folks,

I’m a owner of a F-GT cockpit and a F-GT Monitor Stand (NLR-A006) from Next Level Racing
I’m about to buy a TV 48 or 55’’ LG C1 but with a VESA specification 300x200 I'm lost :(

According to manual this NLR-A006 is not compatible with 300x200 VESA
(only : 75mm x 75mm, 100mm x 100mm, 200mm x 100mm
200mm x 200mm, 400mm x 200mm, 400mm x 400mm)

I really need help from you if you can to know if it’s possible to place an adapter to put on NLR-A006 ?
(I’m not really good in hardware so sorry guys)
I love my NLR rig I really don’t want to move on other cockpit stand, I hope you can help me guys

Thank you for a reply
this is the adapter plate I purchased and it works perfectly for my 48-inch LG C1 TV.

this is the adapter plate I purchased and it works perfectly for my 48-inch LG C1 TV.

You're a legend !
HUGE THANKS !
I can buy a LG C1 now ♥ you saved me !

Yep that is the exact adapter plate that i ended up getting.

Back