SimCity V: Coming March 5!

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 336 comments
Something should just pop up when you login to Origin, that's all it did for me.

Does anyone know a good way to decrease air pollution? I know in past SimCity's trees helped and I suspect it does the same in 5. I've been planting them around my mines and smelting facilities and they keep disappearing. Any thoughts?

Something should just pop up when you login to Origin, that's all it did for me.

That does it, thanks. 👍

Most Wanted it is then, even though now I'll have to buy a wireless adapter to play it with a controller, so really it isn't free at all. :P

Anybody know why my Trade Port is not picking up any crates from my industry? I have all the trucks working as well. Yet, all of the business in the area end up going out of business because lack of shipping.

SC4 is a great game. You know about Simtropolis, right? Check out that website if you haven't yet because the mods completely take SC4 to a new level.

I've been playing for a total of 12-18 hours now through the last few days. I just checked the website and I found a few things. Mainly a GUI that allows me to set the game to widescreen and Simmars Beta 3(will install once bored).

Check out the NAM, and there are a ton of cosmetic mods, buildings, etc. Also mods for growth and money.

Well my whole city is now broken due to one small thing. My population literally exploded from 60000 to over 150000 and now traffic across the entire city is at a stand still. I was hoping to start making TV's but the traffic is so bad all the processors I put in storage to get the upgrade i need can't even get out of the city.

With the power problem you have have you tried waiting awhile? sometimes even city buildings take awhile to get power.

With the power problem you have have you tried waiting awhile? sometimes even city buildings take awhile to get power.

Yeah, I waited a good while, then it started automatically.

Me and a friend has build quite some nice towns now.

I got 300 000 citizens, and 40 mill cash. No disasters or no unhappy people. :dopey:

It's the best city i've build so far. Was a while where I had 385 000 citizens, but lost alot of money. So I changed around.
Now making about 14 mill profit pr month.

Anyone know why on some cities you can get like gifts from like 400k to about 15 mill pr time, and in some cities you don't get anything?

They're just random gifts given for what?

Someone in your region is probably sending you gifts.
Nope.

At random times, I can get anything from 410 000 to 14,6 million (so far).

Recently I got a random 13,6 million even though I had trashed my city with nuclear waste. :D

Such a horrible broken game, wish I could get my money back. Why the hell did I buy this?

I should of known, I usually don't buy into hype ignoring the warning signs like this x(

I picked Bejewelled 3 as my free download and have been enjoying that more than SimCity. Every 'simulation' aspect of the game is either bugged or broken.

The game was so clearly rushed, it seemed to come out quite quickly from when it was announced considering simulation games of this type need a lot of time for bug and glitch testing.

It's almost like it was released absolutely untested. Wasn't going to buy it anyway because of the cartoony graphics and crazy small cities. They should have put more effort in like they seem to do with the Sims.

At the moment I am put off playing due to the traffic issues in every city I make. There is a city near me (Real Life) called York it has small roads 1 car each way big the city has a population of over 100,000 (wikipedia data from 2001). There are no real traffic issues in this real city so why is when I build a city of similar population with dual carriage way streets and 3 lane motorways traffics grinds to a halt?

Just a question to everyone whom has this game. Would you purchase this game if you had the chance? Also is it better than cities xl platinum?

Just a question to everyone whom has this game. Would you purchase this game if you had the chance? Also is it better than cities xl platinum?

I bought Cities XL Platinum a few weeks ago and can't figure out what the hell I'm doing. The game seems pretty unpolished and the camera system drives me nuts. I don't know if there's a demo anywhere of it but you might want to try that first before buying.

If you want a large scale city simulator just buy Sim City 4 and download a ton of mods for it.

Joey D
I bought Cities XL Platinum a few weeks ago and can't figure out what the hell I'm doing. The game seems pretty unpolished and the camera system drives me nuts. I don't know if there's a demo anywhere of it but you might want to try that first before buying.

If you want a large scale city simulator just buy Sim City 4 and download a ton of mods for it.

Already have cities xl platinum. Cities xl is a good game once you get used to it. Thank you for the heads up on Sim City. Tropico is fun, but lacks a focus on city planning. But it has a good sense of humor, including Penultimo's lines.

Just got on for a bit last night. First time in about 3 weeks. Felt good man.

I had to abandon all my cities on the NAW2 server including the GTP Mayors region. Too many problems with rollbacks etc. I'm now on the Antartica server and going trouble free. There are still plenty of problems with the game but I've found by keeping the city smaller (pop-wise) I'm having a lot more fun.

My city never did get as gnarly huge as any of yours. I don't even have 40,000 people yet and only a few dense buildings. Not commercial skyscrapers, just big malls. Of course, I play it at normal speed.

There are still plenty of problems with the game but I've found by keeping the city smaller (pop-wise) I'm having a lot more fun.
No matter what I do, I always manage to get 400,000 population, and when I run out of resources the whole city goes down the drain.
Not to mention the traffic problem, specially if build an International Airport (which is useless). Taxi spam all over the place.

No matter what I do, I always manage to get 400,000 population, and when I run out of resources the whole city goes down the drain.
Not to mention the traffic problem, specially if build an International Airport (which is useless). Taxi spam all over the place.

I seem to have the same problem. I get to around 400K population and stop there. I'm not drilling any resources so it's not bad in that sense but, I seem to have more of a problem with business going out of business because there aren't enough workers. I'm assuming it's a problem with the traffic because my citizens can't get anywhere.

I've been looking at some successful towns around the place and found many good tips for city design. Avoiding 4-way intersections, mixing commercial with residential, building slowly, and constantly referring to my population graphs in regards to employment has seen my newer cities grow well.

I've cut back to just one city now so I can concentrate on getting it right. This game needs to be played way different than previous simcity titles.

I've already given up on this game. I finally found a way to work around most of the bugs when designing a city, but the maps are so small it's just not fun after the 2nd or 3rd city.

Back