SimCity V: Coming March 5!

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 336 comments
Well, that was fast. I'm totally bored of this game now.

Trains are broken. Emergency response and logistics are broken. All public transport is broken, actually. If I connect my trains in a loop, they keep going in circles and never commute or pick up people. Average station wait time: 3,374 minutes. If I take my trains off the loop, only the station closest to the outside world gets any traffic. The rest of my sims sit in the other stations for days.

What a stupid game.

All this hilarious backpedaling and spin from EA has inspired me to boot up SC4 for the first time in a couple months. Does that count?

I'm thinking of taking SC4 for another whirl too... just updated NAM and installed CAM so it should be good to go 👍

If I take my trains off the loop, only the station closest to the outside world gets any traffic. The rest of my sims sit in the other stations for days.

What a stupid game.

I found this early in the game, but I now know how to work around it. I can usually get 3-4 busy stations on a map. Other than that, I too am getting sick of all the broken things in this game.

So......who else has resorted to playing SC3K instead?

SC3000 is my favorite and I still play it from time to time, I am holding off SC5 hoping the community can fix some of it's flaws before I buy it. I know EA won't.

Yep, started up and built a fledging industrial city for 17,000 residents and then I receive a message that my city could not be processed and should be repaired. Went back to the main menu and can't acess it anymore.

Didn't like the game as much as I thought I would, it makes you very reactive to the demands and lets little to no space for creativity and freewill.

Where do I register my copy of SimCity or did Origin do it, when I download the game instead of installing it from the disc.

Last edited:
Makes me happy that I bought SC4 instead of this junk. I'll be playing single player once I get the game in the mail.

Makes me happy that I bought SC4 instead of this junk. I'll be playing single player once I get the game in the mail.

SC4 is a great game. You know about Simtropolis, right? Check out that website if you haven't yet because the mods completely take SC4 to a new level.

So......who else has resorted to playing SC3K instead?

I'll be playing sim city 4 again as soon as I get my new pc. I tried running it on the wife's mac but as hers has an intel processor (as opposed to Power PC which runs SC4 perfectly) it's a no go.

So many things just seem so unrealistic in this game. I've never seen so many complaining citizens as well. It's kind of sad and annoying.

I am playing SC4, haven't bought SC5 as it seemed doomed as soon as the MMO-ish layout hit the front page.

And now, no, not considering buying that.

But I love reading the news article on SC5 and the comments.

The only games I don't own on that list are Dead Space and MOHW, and MOHW I hear is terrible. I guess Dead Space it is.

So. EA released the games they were giving away for people angered by SimCity 5.

One of them is SimCity 4 Deluxe.

:lol:
Pretty much says it all, doesn't it? :lol:

For the benefit of everyone:
Our SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties at launch and hope to make it up to you with a free PC game download from Origin.
Starting today, every player that has activated their copy of SimCity will receive an email that will give directions on how to redeem this offer, and you can also find more information on our FAQ. We’ll be opening up the redemption portal country-by-country so some of you may see it a little sooner than others. The portal will be live worldwide for everyone to select their game by March 22. We don’t want any of you to miss out on your free game, so please note that you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PDT.
At Maxis, our studio values dictate that we innovate and create something that is quirky, complex and challenging. Sometimes this bites us in the butt, but our servers are green and we’re seeing record numbers of players all online and having a great time.
Here is the list of games that you will be able to choose from once you are able to redeem. It’s a great list of games across the whole EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
We’re getting great feedback from our fans and know that many of you are having fun and exploring this whole new expression of SimCity. We’re humbled by your patience and passion for the game. Thanks for building something very special with us, together.
And now please enjoy a disclaimer from our head legal Llama…
Disclaimer:

<legal mumble-jumble>

*USERS WHO ARE BENEATH THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED TO ACCESS INTERACTIVE ONLINE SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE GRANTED A COPY OF SIMCITY 4: DELUXE EDITION AND BEJEWELED 3 INSTEAD. THESE GAMES WILL BE ADDED DIRECTLY TO YOUR MY GAMES LIBRARY OVER THE COMING DAYS.

(this point left in for what I consider the comedic factor)

Seeing as I already own ME3, SC4 and NFS Most Wanted, Bejeweled 3 and Plants vs Zombies are handheld 'games', MoH is a pile of garbage and I haven't even played Dead Space 1 or 2 - both of which I got for free during the $20 discount code debacle - I guess I'll be taking BF3.

Even if I never go near the multiplayer (not gonna lie, I'm pretty meh at online FPSes), the single-player should be a decent six hours or so as well as a good graphical test for my system :)

Is MOHW really that bad? I loved Most Wanted, but I'm past it by now & I already purchased SC4 Deluxe from Steam.

BF3 would be nice, but a buddy already turned me onto a deal that includes BF3 + Expansions for cheap. :indiff:

The SP is quite good, but i'd imagine the MP is dead by now. Such a shame, as MoH 2010 and MoHW were fun to play online with a friend on headsets.

I was really sceptical about this game, from all the negative feedbacks...

But after I bought it earlier today, i've been glued to the screen playing it with 2 friends...
It's just alot of fun! :dopey:

Even though I still am an amateur in this game, I did manage to get a city of 72 000 people, and very strong economy.
Will surely play alot more in the coming days.

Will probably choose Dead Space 3 as the "free" game, but no intentions to play it.

Hey guys, I've just placed a Recycling Center and it appears that I get a "No Recyclables. Production Stopped" notification pops up. Only reason I got a recycle center was because a citizen suggested it. Do any of you know why I get this notification?

Hmm, I'm pretty sure my Origin and stuff are linked to an old email account that I deleted a while ago, so no freebie for me. Fak.

Back