Simple SongsMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobraboy
  • 39 comments
  • 2,126 views

Cobraboy

(Banned)
Messages
7,552
What is it about those songs that are very simple in their form, either strumming and singing or a very simple back beat and some singing?

Two songs I've come to like are in that style:

Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes
System Of A Down - Roulette

I know they arent brilliant, but they're nice songs.

What about you? Are there any simple songs you like or can recommend?
 
Cake - Sheep Go To Heaven

There's no structure to the song really but I really like listening to it. It's the kind of song you'd like to hear while cruising through a desert road.
 
I like that Limp Bizkit one 👍

Anything by Coldplay, simple and effective :)
 
Bugs - Pearl Jam
 
They Might Be Giants - Kiss Me, Son Of God : Vocal and accordian.
 
"Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" by Todd Snider... Basically a story accompanied by an acoustical guitar... And a cool story to boot as well..
 
Why Don't We Do It In The Road - The Beatles
 
Turn the Page by Bob Seger.
The epitome of "Three chords and the truth" rock and roll.
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
A Perfect Circle - Three Libras

Pretty simple for them.
Bazdid. I was going to say that one. :grumpy:

Oasis - Wonderwall?
 
Anything with The Ramones.

[edit] oh, I got it wrong..

Eels - Elizabeth on the bathroom floor

It makes you realize how beautiful suicide can be.
 
Originally posted by Gil
Turn the Page by Bob Seger.
The epitome of "Three chords and the truth" rock and roll.

Sorry Gil, but I despise nothing more in music than a rich and famous performer wining about how hard his life is. Metallica exacerbates this case.

I can't think of anything everyone's heard of that fits this criterion. But most of my favorite music is simple.

"Try Nothing" by The Sea and Cake... one lone acoustic guitar, some handheld percussion, and a distant, floating, airy synth melody.
 
Limp Bizkit is ripping off songs from The Who now? Fred Durst is a genius.
 
short songs - Dead Kennedys

the whole song is "I like short songs" over and over.
 
Hmm, I've found Audioslave - Getaway Car recently.

Very nice song, nothing spectacular just singing, strumming and drums.
 
Looks like somebody has been playing the guitar a lot lately... :D

Practising for *cough* Behind Blue Eyes *cough*? ;)
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
Looks like somebody has been playing the guitar a lot lately... :D

Practising for *cough* Behind Blue Eyes *cough*? ;)

I can't believe they redid a Who song.
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
Looks like somebody has been playing the guitar a lot lately... :D

Practising for *cough* Behind Blue Eyes *cough*? ;)

:p Nah, I'd much rather play Getaway Car then Behind Blue Eyes, for some odd reason :odd:

I've come to the point where I can't listen to that song anymore... :odd:
 
Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Bugs - Pearl Jam

incredibly, I was gonna mention the very same song. but I can then mention any song of the rock and roll era, when they were just a bunch of guitars, and a battery, or even a piano played to death, and it was effin effective.

Cano
 
I don't like simple music very much, it doesn't apeal to my Musicians nature. Also, whoever said Coldplay was simple, does not have a very good grasp of composition.;)
 
Originally posted by GTJugend
Eels - Elizabeth on the bathroom floor

It makes you realize how beautiful suicide can be.

I've been loading our CD's onto the PC in MP3 format - I love this song, never realised the title. It is a gorgeous piece of music, and one that never fails to raise the hair on the back of the neck - I think it's the almost angelic singing in the background that does it.
 
Van Halen - "Ain't Talking About Love"

It's two chords, then, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!"
 
The White Stripes - Ball And Biscuit

Seven minutes of pure essence of blues: cocky vocal, wailing guitar, and backbeat drums on a 3-piece trap set.
 
Ween - Voodoo Lady (I think that's what it's called).

So simple, it's almost rediculous. Almost as simple, and as rediculous, as any White Stripes song.:yuck:

This song just makes you laugh, and smile, and even though I would usually steer clear of over simplified drivel, this song is somehow appealling.........


;)
 
Back