SIMUCUBE 2 Direct Drive Force Feedback Wheel Bases

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 198 comments
The same Spanish supplier has had a low cost QR produced as well - There are some that are bothering to work their way through the problem and come up with practical solutions... I nearly purchased my first DD from these guys, it's just that the Podium is a more elegant solution from an engineering perspective.
QR.png

Oh, one more thing - If you want to gen yourself up on high end servo: Google Fanuc or Mitsubishi

Not wanting to knock Chinese producers, but their servo motors are at the lower end... That's where all ours come from at about £180 for a single unit - buy in large multiples and obviously the cost goes down.

Last edited:
Not wanting to knock Chinese producers, but their servo motors are at the lower end... That's where all ours come from at about £180 for a single unit - buy in large multiples and obviously the cost goes down.

Yes , China servo motor actually very cheap , large MiGE only cost under £160 and small MiGE cost under £120 from china Webshop

163F16CC-8E32-46E6-B475-96C94E867672.jpeg

Last edited:
That price of a small mige is very temping - put yourself a basic dd together for as little as £300 I should imagine...

Anyway, I apologise - wandered off topic just a bit....
Motor , cables , EStop , Converter are cheap , but other components such as encoder , simucube driver board , seem need to purchase from GD resellers , just checked Simracing Bay website , those 2 components you can’t get it at £300

An external antenna has been added to SC2.

Mika
Product optimization is an ongoing process in any company that makes electronics components.

The external antenna was added in production recently. The external antenna variant of a component has become better available during recent months, after the component orders for first batches were committed. Also, this version was no more expensive than the one without, so there was no reason not to implement it and bundle an antenna to go as well. All this was done regardless of zero reported issues with the Simucube Wireless Wheel system.

Please note, that we still have a small number of parts available with integrated antenna, so not all units that are shipping right now have the external antenna. As such, the units with and without the external antenna can be considered interchangeable.

User manual (available on our website) was updated today to include external antenna installation, SQR revision 2 installation instructions, and some new features that will be in an upcoming firmware version.
Антена.png

SC2 PRO vs DD2 comparison:
(language warning for the first video)

This is the same person with the same car, race track and DD2:

Curious to hear more feedback on using the Simucube 2 with GIMX vs the Fanatec Podium PS4 with GT Sport. With Fanatec recently bumping the price to $1800, the Simucube 2 with Wheel is now on par price wise if you go with the Pro.

Back